In rare cases, Photos for macOS might assign the wrong geographic location to an image. You also might want to adjust the name of a photo's location. Follow these steps:
- Select a photo that has an incorrect location.
- In the menu bar, choose Image > Location, then choose Remove Location.
- Press Command-I to display the photo's info.
- At the bottom of the Info window, click Assign a Location.
- Begin typing an address, city, business, or other location name. As you type, auto-fill suggestions appear. Select the location you want to assign to the photo.
If you change your mind, you can assign the original location to the photo:
- Select the photo.
- In the menu bar, choose Image > Location, then choose Revert to Original Location.