Turn VoiceOver on or off
VoiceOver is available on Apple TV 4K, Apple TV HD, or Apple TV (3rd generation) with software version 4.2 or later. Find your Apple TV model below and follow the steps.
On Apple TV 4K or Apple TV HD
There are three ways to turn VoiceOver on or off:
- Go to Settings > Accessibility > VoiceOver, then turn VoiceOver on or off.
- Hold the Siri button on your Siri Remote*, then say "Turn VoiceOver on" or "Turn VoiceOver off."
- On your remote, press the Menu button three times to turn VoiceOver on or off.
* Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD ships with the same remote everywhere. In countries and regions that support Siri, the remote is called Siri Remote. Elsewhere, it’s called Apple TV Remote. Siri works on either remote as long as your Apple TV 4K or Apple TV HD is set up with a language and country or region that supports Siri.
On Apple TV (3rd generation)
- To return to the main menu, press the lower-left button (Menu) repeatedly until you hear a stop sound.
- Press Down once.
- To highlight Settings, press Right repeatedly until you hear a stop sound. If you changed the layout of the main menu, you might not have Settings here. Use the arrow buttons on your remote to highlight Settings.
- Press Select twice.
- Press Down repeatedly until you hear a stop sound.
- Press Up four times. Accessibility should be highlighted.
- Press Select twice. VoiceOver should turn on and begin reading the content on your Apple TV screen.
Learn how to navigate your Apple TV using VoiceOver.