Use the Apple TV Remote in Control Center
If you've set up your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to control your Apple TV, then the Apple TV Remote is automatically added to Control Center when you update to iOS or iPadOS 12 or later.
If you haven’t set up your device to control your Apple TV or have an earlier version of iOS or iPadOS, follow these steps:
- Make sure that your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is on the same Wi-Fi network as your Apple TV.
- Add the Apple TV Remote to Control Center on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, then open Control Center.
- Tap , then choose your Apple TV.
- If asked, enter the four-digit code on your iOS or iPadOS device that appears on your Apple TV.
The Apple TV Remote in Control Center works with Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD.
Learn what to do if you can't set up the Apple TV Remote in Control Center.
Buy a new remote
If you can't set up the Apple TV Remote in Control Center
- Make sure that your Apple TV is connected to your television, turned on, and connected to your home Wi-Fi network.
- If your Apple TV is turned off, you can turn it on without a remote. Just unplug your Apple TV from power, then plug it back in.
- Plug your Apple TV into your Wi-Fi router with an Ethernet cable.
- Learn what to do if your Siri Remote or Apple Remote isn't working.
- If you have the remote for a different Apple TV, you might be able to use that remote to control your current Apple TV.