Turn off Apple Cash on a device
After you set up Apple Cash on one device, you can use it on any eligible device where you're signed in to iCloud with the same Apple ID. If you don't want to use Apple Cash on a certain device, you can turn it off for just that device.
- On iPhone or iPad, open the Settings app, tap Wallet & Apple Pay, then turn off Apple Cash.
- For Apple Watch, open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone, tap Wallet & Apple Pay, then turn off Apple Cash.
To turn Apple Cash back on, you need to enter your Apple ID password.
Turning off Apple Cash in Settings doesn't close your account.
Close your Apple Cash account
Before you close your account, make sure that your balance is $0 and that you don't have pending transactions. To check your balance, go to your card info. You can transfer money to your bank, spend it, or send it to someone.
When your balance is $0, contact Apple to close your account.
- Go to your card info:
- On iPhone, open the Wallet app, tap your Apple Cash card, then tap . Tap the Info tab.
- On iPad, open the Settings app, tap Wallet & Apple Pay, then tap your Apple Cash card. Tap the Info tab.
- For Apple Watch, open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone, tap Wallet & Apple Pay, then tap your Apple Cash card.
- Tap Contact Apple Support, then tap Call.
If you're part of Apple Cash Family
If you're the family organizer and you close your account, any Apple Cash Family accounts that you set up for family members will close and their balances will transfer to your account. Learn what happens if you disband the Family Sharing group.
If you're part of Apple Cash Family, the organizer will need to close your account. If you're less than 18 years old and you're removed from Apple Cash Family by the organizer, or you remove yourself, your balance is transferred to the organizer and your account is closed.
If you're over 18 years old and take ownership of your Apple Cash account, you keep your balance. Refunds and credits to your account that were initiated before you took ownership will transfer to the organizer's account.
What happens to Daily Cash you receive from Apple Card
When you close your Apple Cash account, your Daily Cash from Apple Card purchases accumulates in your Apple Card account. The accumulating Daily Cash can be applied towards your Apple Card balance.
Apple Card is issued by Goldman Sachs Bank USA, Salt Lake City Branch. Apple Card is available only in the United States.