About the Apple Music student subscription
When you join Apple Music as a student, UNiDAYS, a student validation service, confirms that you're enrolled in a degree-granting university or college. After UNiDAYS verifies that you're a student, then you can get a student subscription to Apple Music. Learn more about Apple Music and Apple Music pricing.
The Apple Music Student subscription is only available in certain countries and regions. Learn more about Apple Music availability.
Here's what you need
- To qualify for an Apple Music student subscription, you must be a student studying a bachelor degree, post-graduate degree, or equivalent Higher Education course at a University, College (U.S. only) or Post-Secondary School (Canada only). Junior, technical colleges, and special courses are also eligible in Japan.
- Update your iPhone or iPod touch to the latest version of iOS, iPad to the latest version of iPadOS, Mac to the latest version of macOS, or Android device to the latest software version. On your PC, make sure that you have the latest version of iTunes for Windows.
Get a student subscription
Already subscribe to Apple Music? Learn how to change to a student subscription. If you're new to Apple Music, follow the steps below.
Open the Music app
On your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, or Android device, open the Music app. On your PC, open iTunes for Windows. Then tap or click For You.
Start a trial, then choose Student
Tap or click the trial offer (one trial per person or family), choose Student, then tap or click Verify Eligibility.
Verify that you're a student
A browser window will open and you'll be taken to the UNiDAYS website. Follow the onscreen prompts to verify your enrollment. After UNiDAYS verifies that you're a student, you'll be redirected back to the Music app or iTunes for Windows.
Sign in with your Apple ID
Sign in with the Apple ID and password that you use to make purchases. If you don’t have an Apple ID, tap Create New Apple ID, then follow the steps to create one.
If you're not sure if you have an Apple ID, we can help you find out.
If you're asked for a verification code, you have two-factor authentication on your Apple ID. Learn about two-factor authentication and what to do if you still can’t sign in.
Confirm your billing information
If asked, confirm your billing information and add a valid payment method. Then tap or click Join.
If prompted, agree to the terms and conditions.
Verify your student status
Near the end of each year that you have an Apple Music student subscription, you'll see a message that asks you to verify your student status in the Music app or iTunes for Windows. You can also verify your student status at any time using your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
In the Music app or iTunes for Windows
If you see a message that asks you to verify your student status:
- Tap or click Verify Eligibility.
- Tap or click Go to Website.
- Sign in to your institution's portal.
- After you sign in to your institution's portal, you’ll be directed back to Apple Music and see a confirmation screen.
In Settings on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Go to Settings > [your name], then tap Subscriptions.
- Tap Apple Music Membership.
- Tap Verify your student status. You'll be redirected to the UNiDAYS website.
- Follow the prompts to verify your eligibility. If the verification is successful, you'll automatically return to Apple Music and continue your Apple Music student subscription.
No longer a student?
If you're no longer a student or if you complete 48 months of a student subscription, your subscription automatically becomes an Apple Music Individual subscription. If you're prompted to verify your student status after launching Apple Music, but you're no longer a student or have completed 48 months of a subscription, tap or click "I'm No Longer A Student." You won't be asked to verify again.
If you don’t confirm during the verification period, and you still have time left in your 48 months, you'll have to re-enroll as a student.
Get help with your UNiDAYS account
If you need help with your UNiDAYS account, contact UNiDAYS Support.