Edit your birth date
If you need to change the birth date for someone below age 13, contact Apple Support.*
On the web
- Sign in to appleid.apple.com.
- Select Personal Information, then choose Birthday.
- Update your birth date and click Save. If you're changing a birth date for a child, learn what to do.
Depending on how you created your Apple ID, you might be required to provide additional information or change your Apple ID username from a mobile phone number to an email address.
On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Go to Settings > [your name].
- Tap Name, Phone Numbers, Email. You might need to enter your Apple ID password.
- Tap Change Birthday or Birthday.
- Update your birth date, then tap Done. If you're changing a birth date for a child, learn what to do.
Change a birth date for a child
To change a birth date to any age below 13,* you must be a member of a Family Sharing group, and your family organizer must approve the change. After you change a birth date to any age below 13, you can't edit it.* Learn more about Family Sharing.
- Update the birth date.
- Follow the onscreen steps to send an email request to your family organizer.
- Your family organizer will get an email with instructions to approve the request.