Remove a payment method
If you can't remove a payment method
If you have subscriptions like iCloud+, have an unpaid balance, or you use purchase sharing, you must keep at least one payment method on file.
- Do you have a subscription? You can cancel iCloud+ and cancel other subscriptions from Apple. When your subscription period is over, remove your payment method.
- If you're in a Family Sharing group and you use purchase sharing, the family organizer must have a payment method on file. If you're the family organizer, turn off purchase sharing, then remove the payment method.
- If you have an unpaid balance, you might not be able to remove a payment method. Instead, change your payment method.
- If you still can't remove a payment method, contact Apple Support.
Remove a payment method on your iPhone or iPad
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap your name.
- Tap Payment & Shipping.
- Tap Edit, tap the red Delete button, then tap Remove.
Remove a payment method on your Mac
- Open the App Store.
- Click your name or the Sign In button.
- Click Account Settings.
- Next to Payment Information, click Manage Payments. (If you're using an older version of macOS, click Edit next to Payment Type.)
- Click Edit, then click Remove Payment Method.
Remove a payment method on your Windows PC or Microsoft Surface
- Open iTunes.
- In the menu bar at the top of the iTunes window, choose Account, then choose View My Account.
- Choose Manage Payments. (If you're using an older version of iTunes, tap or click the Edit button next to Payment Type.)
- Choose Edit.
5. Choose Remove Payment Method.
Remove a payment method online
In some countries and regions, you might need to add a new payment method using appleid.apple.com in order to remove the existing payment method.