Before updating Logic Pro for Mac, make sure to back up the currently installed version of the Logic Pro application and your Logic Pro projects.
New in Logic Pro 10.7.9
Stability and reliability
- Fixes an issue where adjusting the Threshold control in the Strip Silence could cause Logic Pro to quit unexpectedly.
- Resolves an issue where 32-bit audio files might be damaged when adjusting their speed in Logic Pro.
- Fixes an issue where Audio Units Software could cause Logic Pro to quit unexpectedly when MIDI 2.0 is enabled in the settings for Logic Pro.
- Fixes an issue where Logic Pro could quit unexpectedly when Delete and Shuffle Left is performed with a Marquee selection.
- Fixes an issue where Logic Pro could quit unexpectedly when launched with the option to create a new empty project.
- Resolves an issue where Logic Pro might quit unexpectedly when anayzing audio files for Flex editing while running in Rosetta mode.
- Improves stability while scanning for Audio Units.
- Recording MIDI on Aux sub-tracks of a multi output instrument now works.
- Logic Pro no longer creates empty audio tracks when recording in Cycle mode if the recording setting Create Tracks and Mute in Cycle Mode is enabled, the audio file type is set to Wave, and there is a quantize value set.
Takes and comping
- Comp segments created by dragging from right to left now play back correctly.
- The Range setting in the Pitch Correction plug-in now recalled correctly after the plug-in is closed and then re-opened.
- Fab Filter Pro-Q settings are now retained when round-tripping projects between Logic Pro for Mac and Logic Pro for iPad.
Sampler and Quick Sampler
- The Locate button in the Sampler missing files dialog now works as expected.
- Fixes an issue where pasted channel strip settings could be applied to a selected channel strip, instead of the channel strip where the paste command menu item was chosen from.
- Resolves an issue where unsoloing a track in the channel strip inspector would also unsolo all other soloed tracks.
Bounce and export
- The Loudness Meter now continues to show values after a bounce.
- Restores ability to assign tracks to external MIDI by pressing Option while importing a Standard MIDI file.
- The content of Apple Loops dragged into projects with time signatures other than 4/4 is no longer unexpectedly offset.
Control surfaces and MIDI controllers
- Volume and Pan can now be reliably adjusted using an attached control surface or MIDI Controller in cases where the setting Record Automation with MIDI Region is enabled.
- The Launchpad Pro Mk3 control surface now works properly with Logic Pro.
- Fixes an issue where it was not possible to access tools in the Piano Roll using the right mouse button to open a contextual menu.
- Paste at Original Position now works in the Piano Roll.
- The Create Note command from the contextual menu in the Piano Roll now creates a note at the pitch where the pointer originally clicked.
- Resolves an issue where the visible area in the Piano Roll could unexpectedly shift in pitch when entering notes into the editor.
- Restores abiliity for regions on frozen tracks to mute when soloing other regions.
- Auto-colorize tracks now works for Software Instrument tracks as expected.
- The Pickup Clock key command now moves automation with regions, or asks if automation should be moved, depending on the move automation setting.
- Regions created on MIDI tracks are now named for the track, rather than being named “MIDI region.”
- The Tab to Transients key command now works reliably with audio files that have not yet been analyzed for transients.
- Projects created from templates saved with record-enabled tracks now open with those tracks record-enabled.
- Frozen Software Instrument tracks no longer continue to output audio when the track is set to Off.
- Region borders of MIDI regions recorded in projects with time signatures other than 4/4 are no longer unexpectedly extended.
Logic Pro 10.7.8
New features and enhancements
- Adds project roundtrip capabilities with Logic Pro for iPad.
- Software Instrument tracks now offer an Input Monitoring button to allow instruments to be played independently of track selection.
- Clicking anywhere on a selection of regions that include loops with the Glue tool now creates a new region replacing the selection.
- There are now Key Commands to adjust Region Gain.
- Pressing the Control key while moving Downbeat or Beat hints in the Smart Tempo editor now disables snap.
- Pressing the Control key while launching Logic Pro now adds an option to launch the Core Audio driver with Audio Units plug-ins disabled on launch.
- Key Commands to Nudge events now work when the Step Input Keyboard has focus.
Stability and reliability
- Fixes an issue where dragging an audio file to the Tracks area while Apple Loops are being indexed could cause Logic Pro to hang.
- Fixes an issue where Logic Pro could quit unexpectedly when automation trim is applied after selecting all faders in the Mixer and adjusting them.
- Fixes an issue where Logic Pro could quit unexpectedly when a take folder is flattened in a project originally created in Logic Pro 9.
- Fixes an issue where Logic Pro could quit unexpectedly when dragging an audio region to a track header to create a Sampler or Quick Sampler instance if the Snap Alignment Guides are enabled
- Fixes an issue where Logic Pro could quit unexpectedly when an Audio Units plug-in is dragged from one channel strip to another immediately after importing an audio file to a track in the project.
- Fixes an issue where Logic Pro could quit unexpectedly when Analyze Tempo is performed on an audio file after tempo information has been removed from it.
- Logic Pro no longer quits unexpectedly when a Live Loops cell is dragged to the Track Header to create a new Quick Sampler instrument.
- Fixes an issue where Logic Pro could quit unexpectedly sometimes when working with objects in the Environment.
- Fixes an issue where Logic Pro could quit unexpectedly when dragging down on the Fuzz-Wah Range slider when it is already at the minimum value.
- Fixes an issue where Logic Pro could quit unexpectedly sometimes when dragging audio loops into the Track area.
- Fixes an issue where Logic Pro could hang sometimes when waking from extended sleep when a Mackie Control is in the Control Surface setup.
- Creating a Groove Template from an Apple Loop no longer causes a “Not enough memory” error.
- Logic Pro no longer quits unexpectedly when Automation is enabled on a Take region after moving the left border of the Take region to the left.
- Improves the display of progress loading Audio Units plug-ins when opening as project on an Apple Silicon-based Mac.
- Dragging notes in the Piano Roll is now fluid when “Limit dragging to one direction” is enabled.
- When the Brush Tool is assigned to the right mouse button, clicking a MIDI note with it no longer causes Logic Pro to freeze momentarily.
- Includes performance improvements when working with large numbers of regions.
- Performance with projects containing long Drummer regions is improved.
- Performance is improved when bouncing projects on Mac computers with Apple silicon.
- The Score editor now remains responsive after Expression (CC11) events are inserted or edited in the Automation view.
- Performance when zooming now is consistently fluid on all systems.
- Resolves an issue where clicking on a marker in the Marker List during playback could result in a brief audio drop-out.
- Performance when editing projects with a large number of regions with the Project Audio window open is improved.
- Memory usage no longer increases unexpectedly when the Multimeter plug-in is open in the Editor view.
- With VoiceOver, the Shift + M command now opens the contextual menu for a track when there are no regions on the track.
- Fixes an issue where adjusting the left border of a Drummer region that is at position 1 1 1 1 could cause VoiceOver to lose focus on the region.
- VoiceOver now announces the disclosure state of Track Stacks.
- VoiceOver now announces the status of MIDI destination and audio output in the External Instrument plug-in.
- VoiceOver now announces the state of the Audio output for audio tracks in the details section of the New Track dialog.
- VoiceOver now announces values for the Dim Level slider in decibels rather than percentages.
- VoiceOver now announces the Input and Output options for the Ascending setting in the New Track Sheet.
- VoiceOver response when interacting with Volume fader and Level Meters in the Mixer is improved,
- Removes unnecessary VoiceOver duplication of access to the Input Gain knob and the Input Gain field on channel strips.
- VoiceOver now reads Group controls on channel strips properly.
- Selecting and de-selecting sections in the Smart Tempo Editor by clicking in the middle area of the display now works consistently.
- Pressing Control + Option to zoom in the Smart Tempo editor now brings up the Zoom tool.
- The view in the Smart Tempo editor no longer jumps unexpectedly when editing an audio Live Loops cell.
- Time Signature Hints placed immediately after a locked range in the Smart Tempo editor now take effect.
- Locked ranges in the Smart Tempo Editor no longer allow Hints to be dragged into the range.
- Fixes an issue where performing Undo after a free MIDI recording in Keep mode could unexpectedly switch Logic Pro to Adapt mode.
- The tempo handle on the first beat of an audio file can now be reliably dragged at all zoom levels in the Smart Tempo editor.
- The Apply Project Tempo to Region and Downbeat command now shifts the region to the downbeat, as expected.
- In the Smart Tempo editor setting a Time Signature at the beginning of an audio file that starts at bar 1 of a project now reliably takes effect immediately.
- The Select Auxiliary Channel Strips command no longer selects Summing Stacks as well.
- Loading audio channel patches now reliably preserves the currently assigned input setting.
- Record Enable buttons on focused tracks now toggle between Record mode and Mixed mode when clicked.
- It is now possible to enable and disable input monitoring in grouped tracks.
- Performing Undo after recoding multiple passes of MIDI with the Overlapping MIDI Recordings setting set to Create Tracks in Cycle mode no longer causes the Software Instrument channel strip to be changed to an Audio channel strip.
- The key command to paste a channel strip setting now works on multiple selected channel strips.
- Channel strips added to a Multi Output Software Instrument now output to the same bus as the instrument.
- Track Delay now works with tracks assigned to Aux channel strips.
- The accuracy of the gain meters on channel strips is improved.
- Aux channel strips that routed within a Track Stack but are not assigned to tracks now reliably display as part of the stack in the Mixer no matter where in the Track List the Track Stack lies.
- Setting a track that is a member of a group as a Groove Track no longer also sets the other tracks in the group as Groove Track.
- It is now possible to change the input monitoring state of Track Stacks that contain audio tracks.
- In cases where “Select regions on track selection” is enabled, Region Solo now works when a closed Track Stack containing nested open Track Stacks is selected in the track header.
- The Create Folder Stack key command now works with a single track selected.
- It is now possible to drag multiple selected tracks out of a Track Stack.
- Sub-tracks in a Track Stack now reliably hide when the main Track Stack is hidden.
- The Toggle Hide Group [group number or name] key commands and the Hide checkbox in the Groups Inspector now hide sub-tracks inside a Track Stack as expected.
- Adding a new sub-track to an instance of Drum Machine Designer in a nested track stack now preserves the correct hierarchy of tracks in the Track Stack.
Flex Time and Flex Pitch
- Flex Time for a track now remains enabled when switching presets for audio tracks that use a single channel with those that include a track stack.
- Take regions now display Flex Pitch notes in cases where the flex editing analysis for the audio files was performed in the Project Audio Window.
- Time stretch now works with 32-bit audio files.
- Dragged Flex markers now snap as expected in projects that do not start at position 1 1 1 1.
- Time stretching 32-bit audio regions no longer leads to a unexpected increase in level.
- The Channel EQ Analyzer no longer continues to display when playback stops.
- The Tape Delay plug-in no longer produces unexpected audio clicks when Flutter is used without Smoothing.
- Software Instrument tracks renamed by loading a AUPRESET file into an Audio Units instrument no longer show “.aupreset” appended to the track name when the project is reopened.
- ES2 and Retrosynth no longer produce unexpected aliasing artifacts between voices when playing chords on certain patches on Mac computers with Apple silicon.
- Resolves an issue where in certain cases an instance of Ultrabeat would not output sound after Logic Pro is quit and relaunched.
- Bypassed External Instrument plug-ins no longer unexpectedly transmit MIDI.
- The EQ curve now adjusts more smoothly when raising or lowering the gain on a Peak band in the Channel or Linear Phase EQ.
- The MIDI Transposer plug-in now reliably retains settings when a saved project is reopened.
- It is now possible to drag audio files from browsers in Logic Pro to Audio Units running natively on Apple Silicon.
- The Downmixer plug-in now defaults to stereo.
Sampler and Quick Sampler
- The sustain portion of notes within zone in Sampler now play properly in Flex mode.
- SDII files used in Sampler no longer distort.
- When an Alchemy preset is duplicated using “Save a copy as,” the Browser preset field now continues to display the name of the original preset as expected.
- When trimming automation for multiple tracks, the range of change is now limited when any selected track reaches its maximum or minimum value, to retain the relative balance between the tracks. Pressing Option allows adjustments beyond the limited range, and Option + Shift sets all selected tracks to match the values of the track being adjusted.
- Pressing delete with a Marquee selection over automation points now deletes the automation.
- Fixes an issue where moving a region with track automation to the right edge of a previous region could cause an automation point at the left edge of the moved region to change to the value of a previous automation point over the earlier region.
- Fixes an issue where track automation could be unexpectedly removed when inactive Track Alternatives are deleted.
- Resolves an issue where creating a short burst of automation in Write mode could sometimes create an unexpected ramp to an existing automation point rather than overwriting it.
- When inserting stepped automation points with the Pencil tool, the inserted value is now retained until the next automation point in the lane.
- Autoselect Automation Parameter now works with the channel strip Solo button.
- The Off button for Region-based pitch bend now works as expected.
- Creating an automation point in the Audio Track Editor no longer causes the editor to unexpectedly switch to the Piano Roll.
- Fixes an issue where MIDI Live Loops cells could be corrupted when the Loop Start position is edited to cross the Loop End position.
- MIDI notes near the edge of a cycle zone now reliably have the correct lengths when recording in cycle mode within a Live Loops cell.
- Record enabled Software Instrument tracks now automatically switch out of record enabled mode when using an arrow key to switch tracks after recording into a Live Loops cell.
- Extending the left border of a Pattern Region no longer causes the background pattern to appear misaligned in the Step Sequencer editor.
Drummer and Drum Machine Designer
- Notes played back on a Drum Machine Designer subtrack now always light the pad for that subtrack in the plug-in.
- Chase now works correctly for CC11 messages in regions with Clip Length enabled.
- CC11 messages inserted using MIDI Draw are now chased reliably.
- Transient markers in Apple Loops on Groove Tracks are now used to calculate audio quantization.
- The key command to bypass all plug-ins on selected channel strips now works in cases where some channel strips in the selection do not contain plug-ins.
- The Increase/Decrease Last Clicked Parameter key commands now work properly with values for channel strips in the Track Inspector.
- The Nudge Automation Up/Down key commands now work in the Audio Track Editor.
- Fixes an issue where Repeat Once key command applied to a note in the Piano Roll can unexpectedly lengthen the repeated note.
- The Piano Roll inspector now opens to the correct size if after the inspector is hidden, the Piano Roll view is closed, then reopened, and the inspector is shown again.
- The MIDI Environment Transformer object no longer limits values to a maximum of 128.
- Crescendo in the MIDI Transform window now behaves as expected when both Relative Position and “Selection defines position and/or pitch range” are enabled.
- Deleting a selected event in the Event List no longer clears the selection.
- Transform operations on Data Byte 2 (value) now work for Fader and Fader MIDI events in the Transform editor.
- Cables in the Environment now remain visible when adjusting a fader in a Macro.
- The Share Size setting for Alias object in the Environment now immediately takes effect when enabled in the inspector.
- Fixes an issue where the Change Gain function in the Audio File Editor could sometimes apply more gain than expected
- The Audio Track Editor now updates correctly when selecting between regions with flex enabled and those without flex.
- Using the “Transpose region/event +12 semitones or nudge automation up 10 steps” command in the Audio Track Editor no longer unexpectedly opens the Piano Roll Editor.
- It's now possible to navigate in Text view in the Environment using the cursor keys.
- Resolves several situations in which the Collapse button in the Piano Roll could become unavailable while engaged.
- An open Score window now runs in sync with the playhead in the Tracks area.
- Double-digit negative Transpose values in the Staff Styles window now display properly in the Inspector.
- Software Instrument channel strips now display custom patch names from Multi Instrument environment objects that they are cabled to.
- Alignment between multiple selected objects in the environment is now maintained when they are dragged to a new position.
- WAV and CAF files exported as 32-bit are no longer converted to AIFF.
- Resolves an issue where exported ADM BWF files could sometimes render as 32-bit.
- ADM BWF files exported from a project that contains a mono channel with a stereo plug-in now open reliably.
- MIDI Program Changes in drum tracks from imported MIDI files now work as expected.
- Track names for audio tracks in GarageBand for iOS projects opened in Logic Pro are now displayed correctly.
- SMPTE locked regions imported from another Logic Pro project are now reliably positioned according to the option selected in the “Where do you want to position the SMPTE-locked events” dialog.
- Audio files are no longer missing when importing a track with Take folders from another project.
- Resolves an issue where pressing Cancel after creating a new Signature in the Inspector could leave the new Signature in place.
- Markers now consistently display in the Piano Roll when the Global Tracks view is collapsed in the Main window.
- When performing edits in a Take folder on another unfrozen track, Logic Pro no longer shows the unexpected dialog “Track [track number] is frozen. Do you want to unfreeze it?”
- Region settings in the Inspector no longer incorrectly appear to be available for regions on frozen tracks.
- Parameters for events and regions in the Event List are no longer unexpectedly available for adjustment on protected or frozen tracks
Takes and comping
- Region Delay settings made to comps are now retained when Take Folders are flattened or unpacked.
- The Articulation dropdown in the Piano Roll now correctly displays the currently assigned Articulation set for the Track in cases where no region is currently selected.
Drag and Drop
- Dragging an audio file to a Drum Machine Designer track header no longer renames the track to “Untitled.”
- Undo is now consistently available in Drum Machine Designer.
- Performing Undo after clearing all pads in Drum Kit Designer now properly restores all pads.
- Undo now works after changing the order of pads in Drum Machine Designer.
- Undoing a pass of Region-based Write automation over a MIDI take folder no longer deletes all takes.
- Adjusting a parameter in the Drum Kit Designer editor a second time now adds a step to the Undo History as expected.
- When recording multiple passes in Cycle mode with the setting Create Tracks and Mute, ending the recording with the record Toggle command no longer leaves the last cycle pass muted.
- When recording MIDI in Cycle mode, notes played slightly before the start of a new cycle are now reliably recorded.
- The recording Count-in now reliably starts at the correct position when recording is started in the middle of a measure.
- Clicking on a Drummer track no longer disarms recording on other tracks.
- Resolves an issue where MIDI regions created via Capture Recording sometimes would not play back until the project was closed and re-opened.
- MIDI recordings of multiple tracks created using Capture Recording now are placed at the correct position.
- Smart Control mapping of external controls now works as expected with channel strips in Folder Stacks.
- Smart Controls now reliably display the correct value when toggling several times between tracks after adjusting controls.
- Copy/paste of Smart Controls from the Parameter Mapping menu now works.
Control surfaces and MIDI controllers
- Smart Controls on Summing Stacks are now accessible from an MCU or MCU Pro control surface.
- Track On/Off controls are now accessible from control surfaces.
- Channel strip input monitoring can now be toggled using a control surface.
- Lua scripts for MIDI controllers now load as expected when the manufacturer or model name is different than the folder or bundle name.
- The Record-enable and Input Monitoring buttons in the Track header can now be mapped to a MIDI controller using MIDI Learn.
- It is now possible to select multiple channel strips using Mackie Control, HUI, and US-2400 control surfaces.
- The Drums and Keys buttons for Novation Launchpad Mini MK3 and Launchpad X are no longer inverted.
- The Save as Default button in the Project MIDI Sync window now works as expected.
- Option-clicking a disclosure triangle in the Project Audio window now opens/closes all disclosure triangles as expected when Show Groups and Sets is disabled in the View menu.
- The Select Unused command for tracks now accounts for Live Loops cells as well as regions.
- The Junction Tool now works correctly when adjusting regions on grouped tracks.
- During playback the Piano Roll now shows the contents of selected regions when the playhead is outside the current region selection.
- Pasting or using Repeat with a Marquee selection that contains a leading or trailing empty space over an existing region now includes the space in the result.
- Swing settings are now displayed consistently between the region inspectors, Piano Roll and Step Sequencer.
- The behavior when of the Record button on a focused Software Instrument track is now consistent with Audio tracks when Logic Pro is put into record in cases where Record is not manually enabled on any tracks. For both, focused tracks no longer go into record if other tracks have been manually armed.
- Undoing a change to the position of a project end marker no longer causes playback to end at the previous position of the marker.
- The playhead can now be reliably positioned in projects with a start position before 1 1 1 1.
- The “Play from left window edge” key command no longer causes the view to scroll unexpectedly to the left when Catch Playhead Position and “Playback pre-roll” are both enabled.
- The floating Performance window now moves to the background when the focus is switched to a different application.
- Plug-in windows no longer obscure dialog boxes that require user interaction.
- Snap to bar now works as expected with time signatures other than 4/4.
- If a track is manually record-enabled, selecting another track will no longer automatically record-enable it.
- The “Do you want to add a signature change” dialog that may appear when the Cut Section Between Locators command is used now offers a “Do not show again” option.
- Saved projects are no longer set to a different sample rate if the Core Audio driver is re-enabled with another project open that uses the new sample rate.
- Resizing the Main window while showing both the Tracks Area and Live Loops grid no longer unexpectedly affects the divider between the two areas.
- When the Drag mode is set to Shuffle Left or Shuffle Right, deleting a Marquee selection that includes empty space now shifts regions to the left or right of the selection on the track respectively by the entire amount of the Marquee selection.
- When a selection of tracks in the Track Header includes Track Stacks, enabling/disabling a button on one track now reliably sets the button on all other selected tracks to the same state in cases where they were in mixed states to start with.
- The mouse pointer now immediately displays a new tool chosen by using right-click to open the Tool Palette.
- It is no longer necessary to reset window focus to the Tracks area to use the key commands for adjusting vertical or horizontal zoom after using the zoom sliders in the Tracks area to do so.
- The Step Edit keyboard no longer floats on top of other apps when switching to them.
- It is again possible to create multi-timbral Software Instrument when creating empty channel strips from the New Tracks sheet.
- Performing Undo after manually changing a region color in cases where the setting Region Color: As Track Color is enabled now immediately resets the color of the region.
- Dragging a muted region over a portion of another region with the Drag Mode set to No Overlap now truncates the region as expected.
- The Select Original Region command now scrolls to the first original region as expected when multiple Alias regions are selected.
- The Gain Tool now works only on active comp regions in Take folders.
- There is now a visual indication of velocity changes when using the Gain Tool on MIDI regions.
- The Region Loop Stop tool now works reliably at all zoom settings.
- Audio waveforms are now reliably displayed correctly at region borders when zoomed in closely.
- Flex markers can no longer unexpectedly be adjusted on protected audio tracks.
- The “Instrument without MIDI Thru Function” project setting now allows a destination to be set.
- Pattern regions dragged to tracks that have been assigned a new color now take on the current track color.
- Delay on External MIDI tracks now works correctly when the External MIDI track is cabled to a Software Instrument in the Environment.
- Count-ins of less than 4/4 set in the Project Settings window now work reliably.
- Region borders or Cycle borders now follow the Smart Snap setting when dragged.
- The Repeat Section command no longer unexpectedly creates new tracks for repeated items if Flex is toggled off and then back on first.
- Performing Undo after deleting a marquee selection within a region now restores the region.
- Autoscroll acceleration no longer increases unexpectedly when approaching the left or right edge of the current view.
- Help tags are now more informative when hovering over buttons in the Step Input window.
Logic Pro 10.7.7
- Fixes an issue with Flex Pitch analysis in Logic Pro on macOS Ventura.
Logic Pro 10.7.6
- Fixes an issue in Space Designer which could cause output to sound different than previous versions.
- Logic Pro no longer hangs when selecting certain presets for Retro Synth.
Logic Pro 10.7.5
New features and enhancements
- The number of Round Robins available in Autosampler has been increased from 8 to 32.
- Smart Tempo detection has been improved.
- There are new key commands in the Smart Tempo Editor, including Toggle Track/Master View, Cycle Through Routing Destination Views and Cycle Through Subviews.
- When dragging plug-ins into category folders in the Plug-in Manager, there is now visual feedback to show folders which already contain the plug-in.
- Logic Pro now offers a Region Gain tool.
- The Score in Logic Pro now supports the SMuFL font Petaluma.
- When the Command key is assigned to the Marquee tool, clicking a region while pressing Command + Option + Shift adds the range of the region to an existing Marquee selection.
- There is a new key command called Remove Crossfades.
- The Change Length command now support non-integer values.
- Transients can now be viewed in the Smart Tempo Editor.
- There is now a Search Patch key command that opens the Patch area of the Sound Library and places the focus into the Search field.
- Individual Track Zoom can now be applied to a selection of multiple tracks.
- There is a new key command Select Channel Strips with Same Panner Type.
- Cycle range can now be adjusted in the Smart Tempo Editor ruler.
- Logic Pro now supports Ableton Link.
- Stomp boxes from the Pedalboard plug-in are now available as individual plug-ins.
- Logic Pro can now record MIDI FX plug-in output as MIDI to the tracks area from any point in a chain of MIDI FX plug-ins.
- The Smart Tempo Editor now provides a method for giving the analysis algorithm hints regarding the location of beats in a region.
- The Dolby Atmos plug-in can now load Personalized Spatial Audio profiles created by iPhones with iOS 16 and a TrueDepth camera for an optimized Spatial Audio experience with headphones.
- Logic Pro now includes new hard-hitting Stereo Output track presets specially designed for hip-hop production.
- Logic Pro now supports 32-bit floating point audio files natively.
Stability and reliability
- Fixes an issue where Logic Pro could quit unexpectedly when copying tracks from one project to another.
- Fixes an issue where Logic Pro could quit unexpectedly when a EuControl layout is recalled on a connected EUCON control surface.
- Fixes an issue where Logic Pro could quit unexpectedly when enabling “Editing (selection)” and “Quantize Locked (audio)” while setting up a Group.
- Fixes an issue where Logic Pro could quit unexpectedly when opening folders with long file names in the All Files browser on a Mac with Apple silicon running Logic Pro in Rosetta mode.
- Logic Pro no longer hangs when Flex mode is switched off after Slice at Transient Markers has been performed.
- Fixes an issue where Logic Pro could quit unexpectedly when choosing Import Environment > Replace by Name from the Options menu in the Environment window.
- Fixes an issue where Option-dragging regions to copy them sometimes results in the unexpected deletion of other regions.
- Projects shared via Airdrop now open as expected on the destination Mac.
- Fixes an issue where Logic Pro could quit unexpectedly when importing ADM files on a Mac with Apple silicon.
- Resolves an issue in which Logic Pro would sometimes quit unexpectedly while parameters in an Audio Units plug-in window were being adjusted.
- Resolves an issue where switching the Audio Device between “Built-in” and AirPods Max could cause Logic Pro to quit unexpectedly.
- Fixes an issue where Logic Pro could sometimes quit unexpectedly when playback of a Live Loops cell with merged audio regions is started.
- Resolves an issue where Logic Pro could quit unexpectedly when using native Apple silicon Audio Units plug-ins in multi-mono mode.
- Fixes an issue where Logic Pro could quit unexpectedly when automating certain parameters of Audio Units plug-ins.
- Fixes an issue where Logic Pro could quit unexpectedly after saving a Step Pattern in the StepFX plug-in and then removing the plug-in from the channel strip.
- Resolves an issue where Logic Pro could quit unexpectedly while stepping through presets in the Soundtoys EffectRack.
- Logic Pro no longer quits unexpectedly when the Virtual Memory setting for Sampler is toggled in the Logic Pro Settings.
- Resolves an issue where Logic Pro would quit unexpectedly when converting region-based automation to track-based automation if the track had more than one automation lane showing the same parameter.
- Fixes an issue where Logic Pro could quit unexpectedly when stopping a Selection-based Processing operation by pressing Command + Period (.)
- Resolves an issue in which Logic Pro could quit unexpectedly at launch after adding a third-party control surface plug-in.
- Resolves an issue in which Logic Pro could quit unexpectedly after dragging an audio file into Source A with additive analysis in Alchemy and then using the arrow key to select a duplicate of the track.
- Resolves and issue in which Logic Pro could quit unexpectedly when using the down arrow to navigate the Track List while removing the assigned inputs from audio tracks.
- Performance is improved when browsing samples in Sampler.
- Fixes an issue where dragging region-based automation nodes could generate unnecessary MIDI events.
- The cursor no longer seems to freeze briefly when scrubbing plug-in controls.
- Performance is improved when applying Slice at Transient Markers.
- Audio now plays as expected on mono audio tracks using a Binaural Panner on a Mac with Apple silicon.
- Performance when rubber-band zooming with the Zoom Tool has been improved to allow better results when a lower percentage of a region is included in the selection.
- An unnecessary sub-folder for Freeze files is no longer created for unfrozen Software Instrument tracks that contain MIDI data.
- Resolves an issue where Logic Pro could sometimes display a “Too many disk I/O tasks” alert when the tempo is increased in a portion of the project with flexed regions.
- Fixes an issue where performing Undo could cause Logic Pro to hang briefly.
- Logic Pro no longer becomes unresponsive when both the third-party plug-in and Logic Pro's MIDI script for the Nektar Panorame P1 device are installed.
- The progress bar now updates while creating a Smart Tempo Multitrack Set.
- Changes made when using VoiceOver to control the Surround panner are now audible.
- It is now possible to open a contextual menu using VoiceOver when a region is selected.
- VoiceOver now correctly announces transpose settings in the Region Inspector.
- Navigating scores with multiple staves using VoiceOver has been improved.
- VoiceOver now correctly announces the display state of the Piano Roll when opening or closing it.
- VoiceOver now correctly announces the display state of automation when toggling it.
- VoiceOver now correctly reads out the state of the Metronome when clicking its button on the Control Bar.
- VoiceOver now announces the state of inspectors when toggling with the Show/Hide Inspector key command.
- VoiceOver now announces locator points that are set using Key Commands.
- VoiceOver now announces the state of the Learn button in Smart Controls.
- VoiceOver behavior in the Settings > Audio > I/O Assignments window is improved.
- VoiceOver now correctly announces the state of an unarmed record button in the Track Header.
- VoiceOver performance in the Overlapping Track Recordings section of the Settings > Recording window is improved.
- Controls in the Step Sequencer tool bar now reliably retain focus after interactions with VoiceOver.
- VoiceOver now announces the state of the Step On/Off and the Edit Mode Selector buttons in the Step Sequencer.
- The Toolbar in Step Sequencer is now accessible with VoiceOver.
- The playhead position is now announced by VoiceOver when the Forward by Transient key command is used.
- VoiceOver now correctly announces the current track selection when using the up/down arrow keys to navigate the Track List.
- VoiceOver now announces deletion of regions using the delete or backspace key.
- Accessibility in Step Sequencer is improved.
Spatial Audio and surround
- The Spatial Audio Head Tracking option is now available with AirPods that have been renamed.
- In Controls view, the Dolby Atmos plug-in no longer offers Monitoring Format options that are not possible with the current configuration.
- The render modes for Object tracks in the Dolby Atmos plug-in are now maintained when the audio device is changed, or when rearranging the order of tracks in the Track List.
- Spatial Audio playback for Apple Studio Display speakers is now configured properly.
- Stopping playback of a multi-channel audio file that only has audio content on one channel no longer shows a spike on all channels of a level meter.
- ADM BWF files that don't contain Trim or Downmix settings now import as expected into Logic Pro.
- Apply Project Tempo to Region and Downbeat now accurately moves a selected region to the downbeat after the region has been trimmed and moved.
- The Move to Beat command now consistently works after the left corner of a region has been adjusted.
- Resolves an issue where changing the volume level of a MIDI track in the Smart Tempo Editor could change the track's volume level in the Mixer.
- Resolves an issue where the Smart Tempo Editor could offset beat markers if it was open during recording and “Trim start of new regions” was enabled.
- Preview in the Smart Tempo Editor no longer stops at the end of the cycle range if cycle is turned off during playback.
- Preview in the Smart Tempo Editor now follows changes made to the cycle range or position during playback.
- Audio files opened in the Smart Tempo Editor are no longer marked as changed when no edits have been yet performed.
- After performing a recording in ADAPT mode, an alert asking whether to show the Smart Tempo Editor is no longer shown if the window is already open.
- Logic Pro no longer writes tempo information to recorded audio files in the musical grid if the grid is switched off or the metronome is not active while recording.
- Surround files that are converted to the project sample rate when added to a Live Loops cell now play back at the correct pitch when Follow tempo is disabled.
- Drag and drop of loops or regions below the Output track into the Live Loops grid now creates all cells as expected.
- Live Loops cells now account for the Delay parameter in the Track Inspector.
- Live Loops Cells no longer display missing content warning after missing content is installed.
- Live Loops cells recorded with the setting “Play from: Playhead Position” are no longer out of sync when playback is stopped and then restarted.
- Audio regions created with region repeat within a cell are no longer unexpectedly muted.
- The timing of Live Loops cells triggering Drum Machine Designer is more reliable.
- Creating a Drum Machine Designer pattern region by dragging an audio loop or file to the Track Header now places the pattern region in an empty Live Loops cell instead of the Tracks Area on the track in cases where the Live Loops grid is the only active view.
- MIDI Transformer is now available for selected Live Loops cells.
- Live Loops cells created by dragging MIDI files to the grid now correctly display the names of the MIDI files for each cell.
- Audio files imported to a Live Loops cell are now properly rounded to the nearest beat.
- Fixes an issue where region gain and transpose settings are could be changed when recording a performance into a single Live Loops cell.
- Velocity automation added in the Piano Roll to a MIDI cell that has been converted from a Pattern cell now immediately has effect.
Flex Time and Flex Pitch
- Flex edits are now preserved when recording over a span that encompasses more than one existing Flexed region in Create Take Folder mode.
- Flexed audio regions in cycle or Live Loops playback now remain in sync with the click in cases where there are closely spaced tempo changes.
- Fixes an issue where trimming the left border of a Flex-timed region that has both manual flex markers and is quantized could throw the flex edits out of sync.
- The audio waveform display on regions using the Flex Slicing mode now reliably matches the audio output.
- Flex tempo markers are now updated correctly after a region border is adjusted.
- Resolves an issue where dividing a region that is using Flex Time could sometimes cause the region to go out of sync.
- Selecting a Quantize setting in an audio region, Live Loops cell inspector or contextual menu now automatically enables Flex Time mode.
- Audio region waveform overviews now consistently update to show changes when regions using Flex Time Slicing mode are split.
- The Reset All command now works after Set to Perfect Pitch has been applied to the same selection.
- Resolves an issue where in certain cases manually inserting tempo markers in the Smart Tempo editor could causes audio artifacts when performing Flex Time edits.
- Fixes an issue where the audio waveform could disappear or change while editing a region in Flex: Slicing mode.
- It is now possible to move a note with the Hand tool in Flex Pitch view without changing its length.
- Audio waveforms now display correctly on quantized audio tracks in Flex Time: Slicing mode.
- Audio recordings that should be detected as polyphonic are no longer set to Slicing mode when Flex Time is enabled on a track.
- The Snap Regions to Absolute Value setting now works as expected if Flex is enabled.
- Cloned regions from original regions that include Melodyne ARA edits now include those edits.
- Audio now plays as expected in cases where the channel format of a channel strip that includes an instance of Melodyne ARA does not match the region channel format.
- Melodyne ARA now displays the correct track name when two audio tracks in the same Folder are both using an instance of Melodyne ARA.
Sampler and Quick Sampler
- Fixes an issue in Sampler where Toggling the One Shot button while a note is being held and loop mode is active could cause the loop to continue playing until the Transport is started.
- View options settings in Quick Sampler are now retained after the plug-in window has been closed and reopened.
- 24-bit audio files dragged into Sampler or Quick Sampler are no longer converted to the bit depth currently set in the Files> Export > Region as Audio File setting.
- Quick Sampler now offers a command to create a Sampler Track.
- Resolves an issue where setting the Voice Count for a Group in Sampler could set all other Groups with Zones set to the same Key Range to the same number of voices.
- The audio quality of Flex Pitched notes in Sampler is improved.
- Clicking on a control in the Articulation Editor now reliably selects its row.
- The keyswitch trigger mode for articulations now works as expected in the Studio Horns instrument.
- Record Automation with Regions now follows the selected “Write Automation For:” options in Settings > Automation.
- Touch mode automation now responds correctly when releasing a control in the Binaural Panner.
- Using the key command Play or Stop and Go to Last Locate Position while writing automation in Latch mode now writes the correct automation as expected in cases where the key command has been customized.
- Stepped automation is no longer converted to ramps when MIDI Transform is used to shorten the interval between steps.
- Fixes an issue where applying relative automation that increases the Pan value to a setting greater than +63 could cause the pan setting to roll over to -64.
- Fixes an issue where region-based automation on Flex Timed audio regions could move unexpectedly when the left corner of the region is adjusted.
- When Autoselect Automation in Read Mode is enabled and Automation is visible, the default automation lane for a newly created track is Volume rather than Pan.
- Resolves an issue where bypassed automation could affect a channel fader when the “Use preset parameter value for regions without region automation” setting is enabled.
- Editing Region-based automation while playing now disables Catch as expected.
- Resolves an issue where automation from certain plug-ins could be written to frozen tracks unexpectedly.
- Logic Pro now instantly writes all automation necessary changes when loading new AU presets while playing while writing automation.
- It is now possible to edit Region-based automation on open Take folders reliably.
- Selecting Pan as the automation parameter now defaults to Absolute Pan rather than Relative Pan.
- The Automation view no longer shows Atmos plug-in parameters that cannot be automated.
- Dividing a region that contains region-based automation no longer causes an unexpected automation point to be added to the right-hand region resulting from the division.
- Splitting a region no longer deletes Region-based automation points that are at the exact position in the region where the split was performed.
- When a new VCA is initially assigned to an Aux channel that is not assigned to a track, it is now possible to create new VCAs as expected.
- The Down Mixer plug-in is now available on the Surround Master channel when the surround format is set to 7.1.
- Fixes an issue where option-clicking the Solo button to activate Exclusive Solo on a muted channel could unmute it when solo is deactivated.
- The Bypass All Effect Plug-ins key command now works as expected on all selected channel strips in the Mixer.
- Fixes an issue where the Bypass All Effect Plug-ins command could unexpectedly bypass a Software Instrument plug-in if there are MIDI Effect plug-ins on the channel.
- Routing a new send from a channel strip now creates a stereo Aux whether the source channel is mono or stereo.
- Fixes an issue where renaming a folder track in the mixer could also rename all other folders.
- The Sends On Fader menu now remains visible when the size of the Mixer is reduced.
- The state of the Sends on Faders button is correctly maintained when the Mixer is closed and then reopened.
- Sort Tracks no longer moves sub-tracks out of Track Stacks.
- Fixes an issue that prevented automation changes in the same group from being applied to locked tracks.
- Resolves an issue where the Track Editor always displayed the contents of the first track in a Group when regions on other tracks from the Group are selected.
- Adjustments made to the Additive tab of the editor in existing presets are now retained when the preset is saved and then reloaded.
- Performance knobs that have been assigned to a mod-mapped rate control, then to something else now display values correctly.
- The Artist name from the Logic Pro preferences is now written as Sound Designer in user-created Alchemy presets.
- Alchemy Step Sequencer files now reliably save to the correct default location, instead of the last location saved to generally.
- Alchemy now uses tunings as expected when selected before an Alchemy instance is added to the project.
- The preset Visions of Pyramids no longer outputs an unexpectedly loud audio peak when a note is sustained for a long time.
- Alchemy now offers 3 additional Stepped Note Properties that offer new resync and step number options.
- Alchemy includes overall improvements to root key detection, pitched vs. unpitched material and fine tuning when importing samples.
Drummer and Drum Machine Designer
- Fixes an issue where loading a new drum kit piece into a subtrack could remove Aux sends from the Drum Machine Designer kit.
- Resolves an issue where Drummer regions converted to MIDI regions could play back unexpected kit pieces or articulations.
- Drum Machine Designer now includes a control to turn off the Filter in Sampler.
- Resolves an issue where Drummer regions converted to MIDI regions could sometimes trigger unexpected drum kit sounds.
- The Delete unused tracks command no longer unexpectedly deletes Drum Machine Designer sub tracks in a Live Loops project when only the Summing Track of the Drum Machine Designer Track Stack is held in a cell.
- Fixes an issue where the Repeater in the Remix FX plug-in could produce audible clicks when playing back in a project with tempo changes.
- Resolves an issue where switching from a track using the Mellotron instrument while sustaining notes could cause notes to get stuck.
- The Create New Track with Next MIDI Channel command now increments the port number after MIDI channel 16 is reached when used on AUv3 software instruments that support multiple ports.
- After the Settings > General > Accessibility > Plug-in Window > Open in Controls View by default setting is turned off, existing plug-ins in the current project now immediately open in Editor view.
- 7.1 Surround now works as expected with Audio Units plug-ins
- Automation parameters for Audio Units plug-ins running in Dual Mono mode are now available on a Mac with Apple silicon.
- Sculpture correctly uses the project tuning when it is set to High Definition render mode as expected
- The Compare button now works consistently with third-party Audio Units plug-ins.
- It is now possible to make fine adjustments in all of Logic Pro's built-in plug-ins using the Shift key and a mouse scroll wheel.
- Fixes an issue where editing regions on certain Audio Units software instrument tracks could trigger unexpected sounds.
- Plug-ins now offer sidechain functionality when Advanced Tools is not enabled.
- The plug-in window browser in Logic Pro now reliably remains in sync when browsing through Audio Units plug-in presets using the plug-in's internal browser
- The Scale setting in the Channel EQ is now recalled from saved patches and settings.
- Going from Controls view to Editor view on the AUDelay plug-in now retains any custom view settings previously made in the Editor view.
- Custom plug-in names that start with numbers now display correctly.
- Names of user presets created by modifying factory presets for AUv3 plug-ins are now displayed correctly.
- Resolves an issue in which AUv3 software instruments would sometimes not receive MIDI events.
- Sorting by Type in the Plug-in Manager window is improved.
- The Compare function now works with Audio Units plug-ins.
- Projects that include the Valhalla Supermassive plug-in no longer show as being edited when first opened.
- MIDI Polyphonic Expression now works for Audio Units plug-ins that support it.
- All editable parameters for Producer Kits in Drum Kit Designer are now available in Controls View.
- The Freeze button in ChromaVerb is now dimmed in algorithms that don't offer the Freeze function.
- Logic Pro can now capture MIDI data from AUv3 plug-ins as regions,
- The Input Listen setting on the Tye Dye Delay stomp box now works as expected.
- Settings for distortion and overdrive plug-ins are now level-compensated.
- The LFO slider in Retro Synth can now be reliably controlled when the display view is scaled.
- Track names for Kontakt patches now display as expected.
- Fixes an issue where doubling the length of a Pattern region could convert it to a MIDI region unexpectedly.
- Selecting a row within a pattern region now selects the inspector channel strip for the Drum Machine Designer pad.
- The order of edit parameters in Step Sequencer sub-rows is now maintained when Pattern Regions are a repeated using Command - R.
Takes and comping
- Take names now display as expected when a recording is made over a take that has been divided into smaller regions.
- Saved comps are now maintained as expected when a Take region using Flex Time - Slicing mode is split after a tempo change.
- Regions created from unpacking a Take folder are now colored according to the Take within the comp.
- Fades applied within Take folders are now reliably retained after a project is saved, closed, then reopened, or when the Take folder is flattened.
- Recording a long audio take over noncontiguous audio regions in a track now places the newly recorded audio as the second take in the resulting Take folder, as expected.
- Unpacking and then repacking a Take folder now preserves the take numbers as expected.
- Creating a Take folder by recording over several existing regions now preserves the region names as expected.
- The name of a selected Take Region is now shown in the Region Inspector.
- There are new options to unpack Take Folders: Unpack to Independent Tracks, Unpack to Independent Tracks (mute inactive), Unpack to Tracks with Same Channel, and Unpack to Track Alternatives
- After packing a Take Folder, the track containing the Take Folder now has focus as expected.
- It is now possible to create Track Stacks that include One-track Folders.
- The Select Tracks > Unused command now works inside Track Stacks.
- Selecting multiple closed Summing Track Stacks in the Track List now also selects the tracks inside each Track Stack as expected.
- If the preference “Select tracks on region selection” is enabled, selecting multiple Track Stack overview regions now selects all associated Track Stack tracks.
- Playing into a Folder Stack that contains a Drum Machine Designer track that has been duplicated no longer triggers both the original and the duplicated instance of Drum Machine Designer.
- The Solo Lock key command now toggles off solo lock when pressed a second time.
- Key command sets now switch as expected when switching from US to another input language.
- There are now key commands for Delete Section between Locators (Global), Delete Section between Locators (Selection) and Delete Sections of Selected Arrangement Markers.
- It is no longer possible to re-assign key commands for system-based commands such as Undo and Save
- The “Stop and Go to Last Locate Position” command now works as expected after the “Play or Stop” command has just been used.
- All key commands for settings available in the Region Inspector now work as expected when the inspector is closed.
- The Customized button in the Key Commands window now lights when a key command that has been edited is selected.
- The key command “Go into folder or region” now works on One-track Folders.
- There is now a key command for Quantize Off.
- The Oblique Structures sound pack now displays in the Sound Library.
- Patches saved from the Output channel strip in the dual view of the channel strip inspector now load as expected.
- Ultrabeat samples that have been moved from the default install location can now be found and loaded.
- Resolves an issue where installing Sound Library additional content on a system where the Sound Library has been relocated could cause the sound library to stop working.
- Apple Loops created from regions now include any left corner offset from the source region.
- Preview in the Loop Browser now works reliably in large projects.
- Resolves an issue where Apple Loops could sometimes increase in volume unexpectedly if there was a tempo change and the loops has Follow Tempo and Pitch enabled.
- Track Stacks from other projects now import with the correct levels.
- The bypass state of all plug-ins on a Drum Machine Designer instance is maintained when it is imported into another project.
- When importing the Tempo and Marker tracks along with audio tracks from another project, there is no longer a superfluous dialog asking whether the tempo and markers should be imported from the audio files.
- When importing Aux sends with bus assignments from other projects, the Automatic Bus Assignment setting is now respected.
- When importing tracks from a different project in which the audio files cannot be found, it is now possible to skip importing the audio globally.
- Logic Pro no longer removes a small portion from the beginning of a 32-bit audio track imported from a movie file.
- Dragging a PATCH file into the Main window from the Finder now creates a track with a properly configured output.
- The first audio file imported into a project with the Use Musical Grid setting disabled no longer triggers an unexpected Use tempo dialog.
- When an audio file is dragged to a track with a different channel format, Logic Pro now shows a dialog offering to change the channel format of the track to match.
- In the project import window, using the right arrow key or Option-clicking one of the check boxes to select all the options for the currently selected row now selects the Keep Bus Number option as expected.
- Fixes an issue where Stereo channel strips imported with regions from one Logic Pro project to another could be incorrectly set as mono.
- Final Cut Pro XML files exported from Logic Pro can now be reimported.
Bounce and export
- Resolves an issue where Bank Select MSB messages in integrated PGM/Bank Select messages are always set to 0 when exported as MIDI files.
- Exported MIDI files are no longer unexpectedly extended.
- Contiguous Auto Slurs are no longer merged into a single slur when exported to MusicXML.
- Regions with events to the left of the region start now export properly as MIDI files.
- Merging stereo audio regions using Bounce and Join no longer unexpectedly creates a mono file when performed on tracks higher than 130.
- There is now an option to Include Tempo Information when bouncing a project.
- Fixes an issue where Compressor Output Gain is not accurately rendered in a bounced audio file.
- When bouncing a track in place, the pan type is now reliably maintained.
- Fixes an issue where in Logic Remote, pressing the Mute button on a channel strip from a track that is in a folder could unexpectedly open the Audio Track editor in Logic Pro, and the Mute button now correctly displays the track mute status in Logic Remote.
- Logic Remote now correctly updates the names of channel strips to reflect changes made in Logic Pro.
- Logic Remote now properly displays faders as yellow when Sends on Faders is activated in the project after Logic Remote has connected to the Mac.
- Logic Remote now displays playheads for Pattern Regions when the Step Sequencer editor is closed in Logic Pro.
- In Logic Remote, adding the same MIDI FX plug-in a second time to the same insert slot no longer causes the plug-in to disappear from the slot in Logic Remote although it is still assigned in Logic Pro.
- Logic Pro now immediately adapts the Track Control bar size to zoom changes in Logic Remote.
- Plug-in settings are now included when copy/pasting plug-ins in the Mixer view in Logic Remote.
- Fixes an issue where Logic Remote would not display faders in the Mixer when scrolling with Sends on Faders enabled in Logic Pro.
Control surfaces and MIDI controllers
- MIDI controllers or control surfaces can now be used to control sub-tracks in an instance of Drum Machine Designer.
- The Vintage Organ now supports the Crumar Mojo Classic controller
- Resolves an issue where parameter labels on Mackie C4 control surfaces in Marker Overlay mode could change unexpectedly when an assignment is changed on another control surface from the same control surface group.
- Text displays on control surfaces now respond more quickly to changes made in Logic Pro.
- Using a Mackie C4 control surface to switch the track input mode between stereo and mono for a Summing Stack that is being fed from a Bus no longer also switches the stack to an audio input.
- The Vintage Organ plug-in now supports control from the Nord C2D.
- Assigning plug-in insert bypass for a Software Instrument channel strip to a control surface no longer bypasses the insert after the one chosen for the assignment.
- Fixes and issue where Logic Pro could overwrite a control surface setup if a device that offers LUA script support had instead been manually configured to use the Mackie protocol.
- If the factory plug-in for a Roland A-PRO device is installed, Logic Pro no longer overrides it with Logic Pro's built-in MIDI script.
- Notes created by Step Input from a MIDI keyboard are now immediately selected.
- The Apply Last Edited Fade Again key command now applies for both Fade-ins and Fade-outs.
- The dialog asking whether to add a time signature change when cutting a section between the locators no longer appears if the Musical Grid is not in use.
Impulse Response Utility
- Resolves an issue where the Deconvolution option in the Edit menu could activate when the open project has already been deconvolved.
- Pressing Option while the input menu is open now allows all selected channels to be assigned to consecutive inputs.
Audio Device Support
- The dialog asking whether to use or not use a newly connected audio device now remembers the user choice per device.
- Copy-dragging a marquee selection now creates a single Undo step.
- Fixes an issue where adjusting the volume fader on a track that is using a Binaural Panner could create two extra Undo steps in the Undo History.
- It is now possible to undo tempo changes created by Tap Tempo.
- Performing Undo now removes a MIDI cell from the Live Loops grid if the cell it is created by adding a MIDI event in the Piano Roll or a Pattern Region.
- Fixes an issue where performing an Undo that shortens the end point of the project could leave the Playhead after the new end point.
- The Rename Marker key command now creates an Undo step.
- The Undo history now correctly displays the undo step for Change Track Color.
- Undo steps for all selected Pan controls are now reliably created when a pan change is performed on them.
- Performing Undo after extracting audio from a movie file no longer causes channel strips to be converted to Aux channels.
- Audio files recorded with Low Latency Mode enabled now show the correct tempo and pitch when played in Varispeed (Speed Only) mode.
- The Song Title text style in the Score window now properly shows the complete song title in cases where the title starts with a number followed by a period, a space and then 5 or fewer characters.
- Clicking the Automation button in the Score now immediately opens the Automation view.
- Grace notes and independent notes are now visually dimmed as expected when muted.
- Fixes an issue where pasting into the details section of the Staff Styles window could minimize the window
- Changes made to the text style in a text box are now immediately visible on existing text.
- The automation view in the Score now updates to show changes when the Score is showing a single region.
- MIDI regions created by directly pasting data from a MIDI editor to a track are now named for the track as expected, instead of being named MIDI region.
- The Relative Position filter in the Transform editor now works when the “Selection defines position and/or pitch range” setting is active.
- Resolves and issue where the Play button in the Audio Track editor could unexpectedly trigger Live Loop cells as well the regions in the track.
- Selection of notes in the Piano Roll using the Select same Colored Notes command is now immediately visible.
- Fixes an issue where the visible area in the Step Editor could jump unexpectedly to the end of the project when editing events with the Pen or Line tool if the region start has been dragged to the right of the first event.
- Clicked note events in the Piano Roll now generate sound when the automation view is displaying region-based automation.
- The playhead in an Event List showing the contents of a Live Loops cell is now in sync with the offset of the cell.
- Fixes an issue where copying a note to the left of the current region start could also extend the region end to the right.
- Opening the editor after converting a Pattern region to a MIDI region now opens the Piano Roll instead of the Step Editor.
- The Audio Track Editor now shows Flex view by default when opened showing a track that is showing Flex in the Tracks area.
- The Double Speed and Half Speed presets in the MIDI Transform editor now work consistently with longer regions.
- Text copied and pasted from list editors now matches the visible columns displayed in the editor at the time it was copied.
- In the Piano Roll, drag-copying a note within a region no longer unexpectedly changes the region boundaries.
- Note Repeat now reliably provides a visible indication in the track that it's recording.
- The Color Regions by Track and Name Regions by Track commands now work with MIDI take folders.
- MIDI regions on Drummer tracks now display correctly when region-based-automation is displayed.
- The individual track zoom setting is now maintained when clicking the separation line between automation sub-tracks.
- Zooming with the Zoom Tool now displays the correct portion of the Tracks area when automation is visible as expected.
- The Audio Track editor now switches to display a newly selected single track reliably.
- A plug-in window opened while another plug-in window has focus now gets focus as expected.
- Nudge by Milliseconds now moves the region or event by the correct amount.
- Resolves an issue where the Reselect Solo-Locked Regions command could unexpectedly select all regions if Solo is not active.
- Locked screensets containing only plug-in windows now show the lock indicator beside the screenset number.
- The contents of MIDI Take folders now remain visible while they are being dragged.
- Clicking regions on protected tracks now selects them when the Marquee Click Zone preference is enabled.
- The Color Track by Region Color command now works when a Track Stack overview region is selected.
- Fixes an issue where the Cut command could unexpectedly work on regions that are on locked tracks.
- When the option “Select track on region selection” is enabled, dragging a selected region from one track to another now selects the destination track.
- The Select All command no longer omits frozen tracks.
- The Tuner in Logic Pro is now available when an External Instrument track is selected.
- Fixes an issue where lasso selected regions could be silent until after the mouse is released in Solo mode.
- Help tags now consistently appear at the bottom of regions to avoid obscuring the area being edited.
- Resolves an issue where a marquee selection could shift by the same amount an Anchor is offset from the region start.
- Fixes an issue where Markers that were created with snap to grid enabled might continue to snap after Snap to Grid has been disabled.
- Fixes an issue where MIDI recordings that have been discarded with the Command + Period (.) key combination could continue to appear in the track until the next screen redraw.
- The selected tracks in the Track List now update correctly after Lasso selecting tracks over an existing selection in the Mixer.
- Fixes an issue where pasting MIDI events into a region that has been shortened could cause the region to unexpectedly lengthen.
- Fixes an issue where MIDI could be unexpectedly recorded to the Output track when recording audio from a device that also sends MIDI.
- Shift-clicking to the left of a Marquee selection to extend it no longer causes the entire selection to move to the right.
- Help tags no longer obscure Takes while comping in Take folders at certain zoom levels.
- The Region Inspector now shows the correct mute state for multiple selection of some muted and some unmuted regions.
- Dragging the Playhead now moves it in increments according to the current Snap setting.
- Copying a region from a frozen track to an unfrozen track no longer brings up a dialog asking whether to unfreeze the original track.
- Fixes an issue where option-clicking a region border while zoomed all the way out could cause the region border to move unexpectedly.
- Adjusting contiguous regions with the Junction tool with the Drag Mode set to Shuffle L or Shuffle R no longer shuffles the regions.
- Fixes an issue where the Synchronization Settings > MIDI window could open with the first destination in the list obscured.
- Fixes an issue where double-clicking on a single-track folder would not open the folder to show its contents.
- The Remove Silence window is now resizable.
- Resolves an issue where take regions could still play back after deletion if Quick Swipe and Take Editing Click Zones is enabled.
- The menu item to open the Musical Typing keyboard now remains available when the focused track record button is disabled.
- The Beat Mapping view now properly shows audio waveforms when the system display settings are set to scaled with larger text.
- Splitting a folder containing multiple tracks no longer converts it to a one-track folder if only one of the tracks has regions.
- No Overlap mode now works when a region's length is extended into the next region by lengthening the last Flex Pitched note in the earlier region.
- Sustain pedal data is now correctly written when recording is started within an existing MIDI region.
- Ctrl + E can now be used to set the cursor to the end of a line in Logic Pro text entry panels.
- The “Drummer Tracks do not Support recording” dialog can now be dismissed using Esc or Command + Period (.)
- Fixes an issue where track pads with Force Touch could vibrate unexpectedly when performing edits at certain zoom levels.
- Activating a Marquee stripe in the Ruler now deselects currently selected regions.
- Clicking and holding in the ruler now enables Catch Playhead as expected when the “Catch when moving playhead” is enabled in Settings > General > Catch.
- Set Locators by Marker now works reliably.
- Default fade settings defined in the Region Inspector are now applied to new audio recordings and to regions created by splitting existing regions.
- Double-clicking the Play button now plays from the last locate position.
- Double-clicking a MIDI region to open an editor no longer causes the Main window focus to shift the currently selected track.
- The Tone setting for the Metronome now defaults to the middle setting rather than the lowest.
- Resolves an issue where sending an odd-numbered Program Change message to an External Instrument that includes MIDI FX plug-ins could also send unexpected Bank Select messages.
- MIDI events sent to an External Instrument are no longer 2ms late when MIDI 2.0 is enabled.
- The Create Pattern Region command is now available in the contextual menu for Drummer regions.
- It is now possible to remove the Output track from the Main window by deleting it.
- Resolves an issue where open automation lanes could unexpectedly persist when changing to a Screen Set that does not display automation.
- A disabled Record Enable button on a selected Software Instrument or External MIDI track no longer incorrectly shows as active after Logic Pro has been put into record.
- The typed-in name for a new group in the Project Audio window now can be confirmed by clicking outside the text entry field.
- Logic Pro now detects the correct number of speakers for a Studio Display selected as the audio output device.
- Tracks that contain Live Loops cells but no regions are no longer selected when the Select Unused command is used.
Logic Pro 10.7.4
Stability and reliability
- Fixes an issue where Logic Pro could hang sometimes when using Slate Digital plug-ins.
- Logic Pro no longer defaults to a Spatial Audio setting that's optimized for movie playback on some Mac models.
- Bed and Object tracks now remain in sync with each other when bypassing and re-engaging the Dolby Atmos plug-in during playback when using the Apple Renderer.
- Resolves an issue where notes could hang when playing Audio Units software instruments on a Mac with Apple silicon.
- Third party MIDI FX plug-ins now pass polyphonic MIDI data as expected.
- Automation and Smart Controls are now available for all Audio Units Instrument parameters
Bounce and export
- Offline bounces now sound the same as realtime bounces when using the Apple Renderer.
- When the audio file recording format is set to CAF, Logic Pro no longer records audio files as AIFF.
Logic Pro 10.7.3
New Features and enhancements
- Enables spatial audio monitoring with dynamic head tracking on AirPods Max, AirPods Pro, AirPods (3rd Generation), and Beats Fit Pro (requires a Mac with Apple silicon with macOS Monterey version 12.3 or later).
- Monitor through the Apple binaural renderer, which provides a more accurate preview of spatial audio playback on Apple Music (requires macOS Monterey version 12.3 or later).
- Optimized performance for M1 Max and M1 Ultra on the new Mac Studio.
- For information on the security content of Apple software updates, please visit this website: https://support.apple.com/kb/HT201222.
Stability and reliability
- When an Audio Units plug-in crashes while running Logic Pro on a Mac with Apple silicon, Logic Pro will continue to run, and automatically reloads the plug-in after selecting Recover from the Recover/Quit dialog.
- Resolves an issue where Logic Pro could sometimes hang when loading or copying Slate plug-ins.
- Fixes an issue where Logic Pro could quit unexpectedly when changing presets on certain AU plug-ins when running on a Mac with Apple silicon.
- Fixes an issue where saving a project to a read-only location could cause data loss in the project.
- Fixes an issue where Logic Pro could quit unexpectedly when “The previously selected audio interface is not available. The built-in audio inputs and outputs of the computer will be used instead for this session” appears on systems running in Korean.
- Playback now stops if an Audio Units plug-in quits unexpectedly.
- Fixes an issue where Logic Pro could quit unexpectedly when an RME Fireface UCX is set as the audio output device.
- Fixes an issue where Logic Pro could hang when sharing to SoundCloud.
- Fixes an issue where Logic Pro could quit unexpectedly when creating a Macro in the Environment.
- Fixes an issue where Logic Pro could hang when converting a project containing instances of Kontakt to spatial audio.
- Fixes an issue where Logic Pro could quit unexpectedly when opening the Project Audio window in certain projects.
- The display of automation now immediately updates when dragging automation points on a Mac with Apple silicon.
- Logic Pro now remains responsive when automating the Softube Model 84 plug-in.
- Fixes an issue where Audio Units v3 plug-ins could sometimes glitch on playback if MIDI 2.0 is enabled.
- Performance when selecting notes in the Score is improved.
- Projects with certain Audio Units plug-ins now load faster.
- Includes performance and stability enhancements on Mac computers with Apple silicon.
- VoiceOver now correctly announces the state of the Record button.
- Automated panning is no longer rendered early when exporting an ADM file from Logic Pro.
- Large ADM files now import more quickly.
- Logic Pro no longer converts Spatial Audio absolute automation parameters to relative automation for parameters that don’t support relative automation.
- Muting the Spatial Audio monitoring plug-in on the Surround Master channel strip now works as expected.
- Changing the Character on a Drummer track set to Surround no longer switches the channel strip to Stereo.
- Copied Pattern Region rows now maintain the MIDI channel setting of the original row.
- Enabling Mono Mode for a step in a column that contains multiple steps now toggles off the other steps in the column as expected.
- Randomizing Step On/Off with Mono Mode enabled now creates a more even distribution of steps across rows.
- The Pattern Key menu display now immediately updates after the Transpose to Project Key action is performed.
- Spot erase in a Pattern region now removes the corresponding steps from the pattern Editor as well as the underlying events.
- Fixes an issue where the Step Sequencer and Main Window play heads would not properly align after a Pattern Region is extended.
- The Piano Roll no longer displays the contents of a Live Loops cell after the cell is deselected.
- The Copy Playing Cells Here command now includes queued cells.
- Fixes an issue where applying the Copy Cycle to Live Loops command to a Pattern region could add it as a MIDI cell to the Live Loops grid.
Sampler and Quick Sampler
- Slices of new samples imported after the application of a long fade to existing samples in Classic mode now trigger reliably.
- Samples stored on external volumes are now reliably found when loading instances of Sampler.
- Sampler now has a Save with Audio option in the Save As menu.
- Delay Designer Tap parameters now switch properly when adjusted using Logic Remote.
- AUv3 MIDI plug-ins are now fully functional in Logic Pro.
- Resolves an issue in which there might be stuck notes when using the Vienna Instruments VEPro 7 Audio Units V3 plug-in.
- Resolves an issue where adding a MIDI FX plug-in to a channel strip could remove existing mappings in Aliases of the channel strip.
- The Arpeggiator plug-in now offers a grace period when the first notes or chords of the arpeggio are played slightly off the grid.
- Resolves an issue where starting a MIDI recording after the end of an existing region on the same track could extend the recorded region back to the previous region if Chase CC64 is enabled.
- Autoselect Automation Parameter in Read Mode now works when Record Automation with MIDI regions is enabled.
- Automation recorded with MIDI regions during multitrack MIDI recording is now reliably routed to the correct tracks.
- Clicking to add Region-based Automation to a lane now works reliably at all positions.
- Editing automation with the pencil Tool while pressing Option now works as expected when the Pencil Tool: Hold Option for Stepped Editing automation preference is enabled.
- Writing automation by adjusting a control in a plug-in's UI no longer sets the initial written value to the parameter's lowest possible setting.
Drummer and Drum Machine Designer
- Recording to the Drum Machine Designer main track by clicking the Preview (speaker) button for individual drum pads now trigger sounds on playback as expected.
- Brush Drums now respond to All Notes Off events (MIDI CC# 120).
Flex Pitch and Flex Time
- The Analyze Audio for Flex Editing command now analyzes each audio file only once, even in cases where there are multiple regions from each file.
- Level meters on External instrument tracks now function during playback.
- Panning multiple selected tracks at once with Sends on Faders enabled now maintains the correct pan positions for all tracks.
- Editing regions on grouped tracks with the Resize tool now works as expected.
- Fixes an issue that now enables live signal monitoring for more than 18 incoming MIDI tracks.
Export and bounce
- When bouncing a project at a sample rate other than 44.1 kHz, the Write to CD option now converts the project to 44.1 kHz before writing the CD.
- The progress bar now updates as expected when bouncing.
- It is now possible to directly drag unprotected audio files from Music into Logic Pro.
- Resolves an issue where MIDI notes could unexpectedly be lengthened in projects imported from Garageband for iOS.
- The filters in the Noise Gate plug-in can now be accessed from Logic Remote.
MIDI controllers and control surfaces
- The Controller Assignments window now displays the short names for plug-ins defined in the Plug-in Manager.
- Restores support for various previously supported control surfaces and MIDI controllers.
- Control Surfaces now reliably show the recording state when recording into a Live Loops cell.
- Logic Pro now consistently prefers available built-in support for MIDI controllers in cases where a Lua script for the device is also available.
- The Smart Control for High Cut in the Broadway Big Dreamer Pad patch is no longer inverted.
- Preview now works consistently with Software Instrument tracks in the Smart Tempo editor.
- Fixes an issue where clicking notes in the Step Input keyboard could trigger unexpected CC#120 All Sound off events.
- Changes to plug-in parameters now Undo correctly when the Library Panel is in focus.
- Undo is now available when changing a row color in a Pattern Region.
- The Tab key now moves focus between fields in the Audio File Editor.
- Fixes an issue where black keys could disappear from the Piano Roll sidebar if Collapse mode is enabled and disabled while the Piano Roll Inspector is hidden.
- The Piano Roll now shows all the expected content when two MIDI take regions are glued together.
- The Double Speed transform set now works correctly.
- Dividing an audio region now consistently creates new regions with precisely the expected lengths.
- The Track Velocity Limit setting now works as expected.
- Buttons in the Track Header now remain functional after they have been quickly toggled twice.
- Repeatedly copied regions are now consistently placed on correct grid locations.
- Double-clicking the divider between the Tracks Area and the Main Window Editor now closes the editor pane.
- All selected regions on grouped tracks now maintain their correct positions when the left border of one is dragged to the right with both Snap Edits to Zero Crossings and Flex Time enabled.
- Fixes an issue where note input from MIDI guitars cold sometimes hang unexpectedly.
- Fixes an issue where the Transpose parameter in the MIDI Region Inspector could be inadvertently affected by mouse movements or clicks outside the parameter UI.
- Initializing Logic Pro's preferences now sets Plug-in Delay Compensation to All.
- The Discard Recording and Return to Last Play Position command no longer leaves the recording in place if the Marquee Selection Engages Autopunch Recording setting is disabled, and a recording is made that crosses into an active marquee selection.
- Tracks names are now consistently visible when the Track Alternatives selector is shown in the Track Header.
- It is now possible to select an icon that was just set on an adjacent track for the currently selected track.
- Double-clicking on the borders of Inspectors in the Main window now closes them as expected.
- When Logic Pro connects to a newly available Bluetooth audio device, it automatically sets the output only and does not affect the previous input setting.
Logic Pro 10.7.2
Stability and reliability
- Resolves an issue where Logic Pro could quit unexpectedly when performing Flex Pitch analysis.
- Logic Pro no longer quits unexpectedly when tabbing to the end of a region after inserting a chord symbol into the Score.
- Fixes an issue where Logic Pro could quit unexpectedly when loading presets in Audio Units plug-ins, or copying tracks that contain Audio Units plug-ins.
- Fixes an issue where Logic Pro could quit unexpectedly when converting imported REX2 files.
- Resolves various issues with Audio Units plug-ins that might cause Logic Pro to quit unexpectedly.
- Resolves an issue where Logic Pro could quit unexpectedly when selecting a new patch while a Sampler window is open.
- Improves performance and responsiveness when performing Smart Tempo analysis while the project is playing.
- Performance is improved when selecting files in the Audio Import window on macOS Monterey.
- The Logic Pro interface now remains fully responsive when track level meters are displayed.
- Fixes an issue where MIDI notes could stick when played through a Summing Stack using Logic Pro's built-in instruments on a Mac with Apple silicon.
- Notes created using the Pencil tool in GarageBand for iOS no longer get stuck when played back in Logic Pro.
- Logic Pro no longer hangs when zooming in to the maximum zoom level with the Movie track open.
- Resolves an issue in Autosampler where playback to USB audio interfaces could become distorted.
- Muting channels in the Surround Panner now behaves as expected in Spatial Audio.
- VoiceOver now consistently announces the selection state of items in the Project Settings windows.
- The blue highlight now follows selected items in the Preferences windows in VoiceOver mode.
- VoiceOver can now be used to control a channel strip's 3D Object Panner in Spatial Audio projects.
- An alert is now displayed when a Step Sequencer pattern cell is converted to MIDI, warning if the contents require that they be aligned to a single pitch.
- Resolves an issue where Software Instrument Live Loop cells could appear to be empty immediately after recording.
- In full screen view, the Live Loops grid now reliably updates when toggling Ultrabeat cells
- Triggering and recording into Live Loops cells from control surfaces and MIDI controllers now works reliably.
- Fixes an issue where playback can pause unexpectedly when recording large amounts of data into an unquantized Step Sequencer pattern in which step 1 has a negative offset.
- Playback of a Step Sequencer region now continues as expected if the MIDI In port of the track is changed while it is playing.
Flex Time and Flex Pitch
- Resolves an issue where audio files might not play after Flex Pitch analysis was performed.
- Analyzing an audio file for Flex Pitch no longer resets existing Flex Pitch edits in the file.
- Flex Pitch curves in the Audio Track Editor now consistently display as expected after an audio file is re-analyzed for flex pitch.
- The Strength slider for Flex Pitch no longer jumps back to 100% after a lower value is set in the Audio Track Editor.
- Flex Pitch data is now displayed correctly immediately after an audio file is analyzed for Flex Pitch.
- The Mixer now immediately shows the effect of changing from Post-fader mode to Pre-fader mode.
- The Channel Input Mode button for Software Instrument tracks now displays reliably when the Mixer is set to Tracks view.
- Deselecting all multiple selected channel strips in the Mixer now leaves only the currently focused channel selected in the Track List.
- All regions of grouped tracks are now selected when selecting a track that's a member of the group.
MIDI 2.0 Support
- The Arpeggiator plug-in now sends the correct note-off messages to third-party Software Instruments and MIDI FX plug-ins when Logic Pro is running in MIDI 2.0 mode.
- An enabled EQ thumbnail now consistently displays as expected.
- Logic Pro's instruments now consistently respond as expected when playing quarter-tone tunings in Legato mode.
- Adding a second instance of a third-party MIDI FX plug-in to a project no longer causes the track with the first instance to stop playing.
Sampler and Quick Sampler
- Changes to the modulation visualization of controls in Quick Sampler are now immediately visible.
- Automation for the Tape Stop parameter in RemixFX now remains functional after the play head is manually dragged during playback.
- Resolves an issue where the RemixFX Gate effect did not respond properly to automation.
- Changes to the length of a pattern region are now immediately visible in Logic Remote on iPhone.
- Logic Remote now displays the Filter On/Off switch for Quick Sampler.
- It is now possible to activate the Filters in the Gate plug-in using Logic Remote.
- Left Delay and Right Delay controls for the Sample Delay plug-in are now available in Logic Remote.
- The Gain and Q-Factor controls in the Single-Band EQ plug-in are now available in Logic Remote.
Control surface and MIDI controller support
- If a newer LUA script for an installed control surface is available, Logic Pro will now use that instead of the built-in settings.
- Logic Pro now retains changes made to the display mode of control surfaces running in Logic Control mode.
- Control surfaces supported by LUA script now send and receive feedback when using MIDI 2.0.
- The Control Surface setup window now displays the correct group number for a selected device.
- Fixes an issue where Novation Launchpad could unexpectedly show closed Track Stacks as being empty.
- Setting a control surface to move the play head by ticks no longer causes the play head to only move backwards.
- Control surfaces now update to select newly created tracks in Logic Pro.
- Changing an assignment control name in the Controller Assignments window now updates the name in the Key Commands window and Smart Controls assignments inspector.
- It is now possible to edit an assignment in the Controller Assignments window if a Smart Controls inspector is also open.
Export and bounce
- Fixes an issue where canceling bounce-in-place of a pattern region could cause the region to become corrupted and uneditable.
- Sound from Remix FX is now included in bounced projects.
- It is now possible to load a channel strip CST file by dragging it from the Finder to the channel strip header.
Impulse Response Utility
- All rows of the level meter in the Impulse Response Utility now update correctly.
- Fixes an issue where a triple click could prevent additional undo steps from being added.
- The strum up and strum down markings are now displayed as expected in the Tablature Settings window.
- Notes created with the Brush tool now reliably use the quantize values chosen by key commands.
- Scale and Quantize settings in the Piano Roll no longer reset to defaults when the Piano Roll window is closed and then re-opened.
- The value scrubber in the Position > Operations column of the Transform window now works correctly.
- Selecting a region in the Event List editor now deactivates an active Marquee selection.
- Resolves an issue in which MIDI might sometimes be recorded onto an Audio track.
- Fixes an issue where edits to the currently selected and zoomed track could affect another track.
- Auto-punch using Marquee selection now works consistently.
- Fixes an issue where very short MIDI note events could sustain longer than expected when the MIDI 2.0 preference is enabled.
- Previously selected MIDI regions are now deselected after recording a new MIDI region with Overlap mode enabled.
- The Dynamics control in the MIDI Region Inspector now properly limits MIDI values that would exceed the top range of possible MIDI values.
- Musical Typing now remains active if a record-enabled MIDI track is not the focused track.
- Resolves an issue where the Region Delay sometimes could not be set to “ms.”
- Resolves an issue in which using Option + Shift to copy a Marquee selected area unexpectedly divides regions covered by the Marquee original selection.
Logic Pro 10.7.1
Stability and reliability
- Fixes an issue where projects containing Slate plug-ins could hang when loading.
- Fixes an issue where certain projects appear to cause Logic Pro to hang when they are opened.
- Fixes an issue where Logic Pro could quit unexpectedly when selecting channels in multi-mono mode.
- Logic Pro no longer quits unexpectedly when dragging an audio file to Quick Sampler or enabling Flex Pitch if the Logic Pro application has been renamed and the system is set to a language other than English.
- Resolves an issue where Logic Pro could quit unexpectedly when converting certain stereo projects to Spatial Audio.
- Fixes an issue where Logic Pro could quit unexpectedly when moving a region from an active to an inactive Track Alternative.
- Logic Pro no longer quits unexpectedly when converting the surround bed mode when converting a project to Spatial Audio.
- Opening or closing a Track Stack no longer causes audio dropouts when playing a Spatial Audio project.
- The Dolby Atmos plug-in now shows the top channels after the bed track format is changed to 5.1 or 7.1.
- Changing the surround bed format of a project to 5.1 or 7.1 no longer affects the format for plug-ins placed after the Dolby Atmos plug-in
Flex Pitch and Flex Time
- The Pitch Correction slider in the Audio Track Editor now works on selected Flex Pitch notes in a region.
- Certain Ultrabeat kits no longer trigger a dialog indicating samples need to be downloaded each time they are chosen, in cases where the Sound Library has been relocated.
- Search results now remain visible when navigating among found items in the Sound Library.
- Volume no longer prematurely drops to -∞ within very long volume automation curves.
- Resolves and issue where the last audio file in a project created from an imported ADM file could be silent when exported as a new ADM file.
Control surfaces and MIDI controllers
- Modes in the Controller Assignments window can now be renamed as expected.
- Rests that were manually created in earlier version of Logic Pro no longer show as note events in Logic Pro 10.7.X.
- All Touch Tracks trigger modes now work reliably.
- Copying a Marquee selection to the Clipboard no longer leaves the original selection divided at the Marquee borders.
- Characters after a “.” in template names are no longer cut off.
Logic Pro 10.7
New features and enhancements
- Mixer now supports spatial audio tools for Dolby Atmos:
- Expanded pan controls.
- 13 plug-ins expanded for 7.1.2 channels.
- Export Dolby Atmos ADM BWF file ready for Apple Music.
- More than 2800 new loops in a variety of genres and from some of the world’s top producers.
- Optimized for Apple silicon on new MacBook Pro models.
- More than 230 new instrument and audio patches.
- 50 vintage and modern drum kits, including a collection of 808 samples.
- It is now possible to paste regions copied from multiple tracks to new tracks using a Marquee selection to define the starting track and position.
- The Select Unused Tracks command now excludes tracks inside Summing Stacks.
- The Track Inspector now offers separate MIDI input and output port settings.
- It is now possible to convert MIDI regions to Step Sequencer Pattern regions.
- Multiple new Step Sequencer features including Live and Step Recording, convert MIDI to Pattern region, and Mono mode.
Stability and reliability
- Resolves an issue where Logic Pro could quit unexpectedly when a Flex Pitch note is created in an empty region.
- Fixes an issue where the Impulse Response Utility could quit unexpectedly when changing its output from Built-in Audio to RME HDSPe and MADI FX.
- Fixes an issue where Logic Pro could sometimes quit when playing back samples with included MIDI LSB/MSB data in Alchemy.
- Fixes an issue where Logic Pro would quit unexpectedly when performing Swap with Source in Alchemy’s Keymap Editor when a zone is missing.
- Logic Pro no longer quits unexpectedly when importing AAF files on Mac coputers with Apple silicon.
- Fixes an issue where Logic Pro could quit when the Stereo/Mono input mode switch on an Aux channel is Ctrl-clicked.
- Fixes an issue where Logic Pro could quit when setting a patch as Default.
- Logic Pro no longer hangs for a long time when multiple MIDI files are dragged to the Loop Browser.
- Fixes an issue where Logic Pro could quit sometimes when saving songs from previous versions of Logic Pro to the Logic Pro project format.
- Fixes an issue where editing global text objects in multi-page view in the Score can cause errors or for Logic Pro to quit.
- Fixes an issue where Logic Pro would quit unexpectedly when adjusting zoom of the Alchemy Waveshaper or Convolution Reverb using two finger gestures.
- Fixes an issue where Logic Pro would quit unexpectedly when loading a project that contains a stereo instance of ES2 with a modulation of "Diversity" from a setting created in a surround instance of ES2.
- Resolves an issue where Logic Pro could quit unexpectedly when exporting a movie file with its original AAC audio track.
- Resolves an issue where Logic Pro could hang if both the New Track window and Control Surface Setup window are open at the same time.
- Fixes an issue where Logic Pro could quit unexpectedly when loading presets or duplicating tracks containing Audio Units plug-ins on Apple Mac computers with Apple silicon.
- Fixes an issue where Logic Pro could quit unexpectedly when left idle with multiple control surface devices connected.
- Resolves an issue where Logic Pro could quit unexpectedly when saving a patch that contains a Track Stack with one or more sub-tracks named “-”.
- Fixes an issue where Logic Pro could unexpectedly stop recording and then go into play mode in certain rare cases.
- Logic Pro's graphic performance is no longer affected by running Logic Remote on a connected iPad.
- Copying a take folder by Option-dragging no longer takes an unexpectedly long time.
- Performance is improved when learning or replacing MIDI CC data in Step Sequencer from an external MIDI controller in Live Record mode.
- Presets in Sampler now load faster.
- Performance when resizing the Key Commands window is improved.
- Performance in the Alchemy UI is improved on 16" MacBook Pro.
- Performance is improved when cycling a Live Loops grid with tempo changes.
- Performance is improved when creating a new empty Drum Machine Designer kit.
- Performance is improved when dragging stompboxes into the Pedalboard.
- Scrolling performance in Logic Remote is improved when navigating the Mixer using the left/right arrow keys in Logic Pro.
- Performance is improved when using Sustain events with the Arpeggiator.
- Performance when dragging files from from the File Browser to a Drum Machine Designer pad has been improved.
- New Live Record mode for real-time capturing note and automation events into rows.
- Live Record allows Quantize, Velocity and Note Length to be individually enabled or disabled.
- New Step Record mode for step entry of note and automation events when pattern is playing or stopped.
- New Mono Mode allows only one note step to be enabled per column.
- New Legato mode extends steps with gate value of 100% by one tick to trigger legato performance from instruments set to legato.
- Row labels in Step Sequencer can now be custom named.
- There are now options to sort rows by type, note number, name or DMD sub-track order.
- The function to Learn Replace a row in Step Sequencer has been added to the Add Row menu.
- Automation Mode and MIDI Channel can be set for entire pattern in the Pattern Inspector.
- Adjusting the Note/Octave values in a Drum Machine Designer Pattern Sequence now changes the pitch of the sound.
- Step Sequencer now offers 2-bar and 4-bar Step Rates.
- It is now possible to create multiple rows for the same note or automation assignment.
- Command + Option can now be used to tie steps in various Step Sequencer edit modes.
- The Edit menu now includes a Delete Unused Row option.
- Subrows for Start Offset and Chance are now included by default in Pattern regions created for Drum Machine Designer.
- New pattern level Increment/Decrement controls can scale all rows in the current edit mode.
- Increment/Decrement controls now enable/disable all Step On/Off and Tie values in a row.
- It is now possible to split a Drum Machine Designer Pattern region into individual Pattern Regions for each kit piece.
- MIDI regions can be converted into Pattern Regions.
- It is now possible to Clear and Randomize Note and Automation Row values independently.
- Option + Shift can now be used to ramp values between specified steps.
- The Key/Scale/Quantize controls are now visible in the main Editor area, next to the Pattern Length selector.
- The Playhead in the Step Sequencer editor is no longer offset unexpectedly in projects that start earlier than 1 1 1 1.
- The “Transpose to Project Key” command is now immediately available in Step Sequencer after the key of the project has been changed.
- Quantizing or transposing Step Sequencer pattern regions on Drum Machine designer tracks will not cause the row assignments to change.
- Entering notes into Step Sequencer pattern regions that are longer than 16 steps no longer causes running playheads to jump to positions within the first 16 steps if the floating Note Repeat window is open.
- Step Sequencer now shows only one row per input note in cases where multiple Drum Machine Designer pads use the same note to create layered sounds.
- The default values for automation row steps no longer update if any steps in the row are already enabled or have manually entered values.
- Adjusting the pitch setting in a Drum Machine Designer Pattern Sequence row no longer changes the triggered kit piece.
- The Live Loops cell inspector now correctly shows the quantize value for the currently active take.
- Live Loops cells now retain changed default Play From settings in the Inspector.
- If the Live Grid is in focus when a Drummer track is created, a Drummer cell is created.
- When a currently playing cell in the Live Loops grid is duplicated in the same row, playback is switched to the duplicated cell.
- The Copy Cycle To Live Loops command now works in cases where the Live Loops grid has not yet been opened.
- It’s now possible to record region-based Automation from Software Instruments or plug-ins while recording into a Live Loops cell if Record Automation with MIDI Region is engaged.
- Names of Pattern Cells dragged from the Live Loops grid to the Tracks area are now preserved.
- Adjusting a Live Loops cell length to be longer than the current Loop length during playback no longer causes the cell to be stuck in play.
- Live Loops cells containing Pattern regions now play back in time consistently.
- Keymap output routings are now set correctly in Sampler.
- Samples recorded in Quick Sampler and saved as settings are now reliably triggered by MIDI when loaded into a new instance of Quick Sampler.
- Copying Zones from one layer to another no longer also copies their group.
- Note labels are now created consistently for all slices when creating a Quick Sampler instrument in Sliced mode.
- Faders are no longer unexpectedly set to 0 db when released in Touch (Relative) mode.
- It is now easier to copy/paste automation plug-in data between tracks.
- The Eraser tool now reliably deletes automation points.
- Enabling the bypass button for automation in the channel strip now dims the automation data instead of hiding it.
- Fixes an issue where dragging selected automation points to the left in grouped tracks can cause an unselected point just before the leftmost selected point in the grouped tracks to be deleted.
- Autoselect Automation Parameter now works reliably in Automation Read mode on the Master track, Drummer tracks, and tracks using Guitar or Bass patches from the Sound Library.
- Fixes an issue where setting an unselected track to Automation Trim mode could set the selected track to Trim mode.
- Fixes an issue where Logic Pro could output a burst of noise with certain extreme automation settings of the High Cut parameter in Channel EQ.
- Region-baseed automation no longer plays back in muted take regions.
- Snap behavior when dragging Region-based automation points has been improved.
- Automation is now reliably chased and displayed in the track header control when playback is started at any point in a project.
- The tooltip when editing automation points now reliably displays below the cursor.
- It is now possible to record automation with regions on the main track of a Track Stack.
- Holding Option while selecting or deselecting “Record Automation with MIDI Regions” now sets all compatible channels to the setting.
- Automation written for a Surround Panner with stereo input now writes automation for Angle, as expected.
- Multiple selected faders now maintain their same relative positions when adjusting one of them after automation has been enabled, disabled, and then re-enabled.
- MIDI events restored by performing Undo during playback are now immediately chased correctly.
- When playing back in Cycle mode, the correct MIDI events are now reliably chased.
- CC data at the beginning of a region or Live Loops cell is now reliably triggered when playback is started at the region start position.
- Pitchbend data is now chased reliably.
- Fixes and issue where Chase occasionally generates unexpected Sustain Off messages when adjusting other controls during playback.
- Fixes an issue where Chase occasionally plays MIDI data from earlier in a track after playing current MIDI data of the same type.
- Sustain messages are now chased correctly if the Playhead is moved during playback.
- Region-based Automation is now chased reliably.
- Chase now properly picks up events from looped regions.
- Regions with Clip Length enabled no longer cause unexpected notes to be chased at the start of playback.
- Chase for MIDI messages has been improved.
- Note events at the start of a region are no longer chased if the left corner of the region starts after the note on.
- Shift-clicking to select multiple tracks no longer causes tracks inside of closed Track Stacks to be selected.
- Fixes an issue where tracks with stereo inputs enclosed in Summing Stacks could change to No Input when loaded as part of a saved Patch.
- Resolves an issue that prevented Track Stack overview regions from being selected in certain cases in which the Track Stack contained aliases of audio regions.
- Track Stack patches now display the track name that was saved with the patch.
- Sustain pedal events now work reliably with all sub-tracks of a Summing Stack in cases where one or more of the tracks has a Key Limit set.
- Dragging a region or loop onto a track within a Track Stack now automatically loads inactive plug-ins on the main track of the stack.
- Dragging main tracks containing nested Track Stacks to different positions in the Track Header no longer causes the dragged tracks to be unexpectedly added to other Track Stacks or to disappear entirely.
- New tracks created in a Summing Stack are placed immediately below the currently selected track.
- The “New Track with Duplicate Settings and Content” command now creates a track within the current Track Stack when applied to the bottommost track in the stack.
- The red preview region now shows incoming events while recording MIDI to the main track of a Track Stack.
Flex Time and Flex Pitch
- In Flex Time view, compressed segments are not incorrectly colored red at certain horizontal zoom levels.
- Flattening a Take Folder with an active Comp no longer causes Quantize to unexpectedly switch off.
- Fixes an issue where the Reset All Flex Edits command on a set of Grouped tracks in Slicing mode could throw the regions out of sync with one another.
- Grouped tracks containing flexed takes takes now remain in phase when the number of transients in a Quantize referenced track is changed.
- Transients edits made to audio regions after performing “Analyze Audio for Flex Editing” are now retained when a project is saved and then reopened.
- Fixes an issue where audio regions set to Flex: Mono mode could sometimes exhibit crackling noises after the region borders are adjusted.
- Alchemy now saves its CTRL Assignments as part of Patches.
- User-created Alchemy AAZ files are now always saved to the project folder or with a Patch file.
- Fixes an issue in which the Vowel Pad and Noisy Ghost Rhythm patches in Alchemy did not sound right.
- Fixes an issue where MIDI notes playing Alchemy could sound beyond the region end even when a Sustain Off message has been sent.
- Text now reliably remains visible when typing in parameter values for controls in Alchemy.
- Sustain now works correctly with single voice Alchemy presets that use Retrigger/Legato mode.
- Alchemy's MIDI Mono Mode setting now saves as expected with Performance Patches.
- The Waveform display in the Convolution Reverb no longer disappears if an effect in a prior slot is dragged to a later slot.
- Moving a Waveshaper instance to another slot no longer causes other instances of Waveshaper to be added.
- Fixes an issue where saving an edited version of an Alchemy factory preset could create an unnecessary copy of AAZ file.
- The Goniometer display in the Multimeter plug-in now continues to show output on Retina displays when receiving stereo white noise.
- Enabling True Peak Detection on one channel of the Limiter or AdLimiter plug-in in Dual Mono mode no longer puts the left and right channels out of phase with one another.
- The disclosure triangle for advanced plug-in parameters is now available when the Advanced Tools preference is not enabled.
- The Peak Hold indicators in the Level Meter and Multimeter plug-ins no longer freeze when the level is reduced during playback.
- A Software Instrument plug-in window that is in Link mode and minimized no longer blinks when an audio track is selected.
- Enabling True Peak Detection in the Adaptive Limiter plug-in no longer causes the overall output level to be unexpectedly reduced.
- The AutoFilter LFO Rate control now works properly in the Pumping Pitch Riser patch.
- On Mac computers with Apple silicon, switching between channels on dual mono instances of Audio Units plug-ins no longer causes the plug-in display to briefly flicker.
- Fixes an issue where Audio Units V3 MIDI plug-ins could show up multiple times in the plug-in list.
- The signal now remains in phase when using the Grit or Tubeburner pedal modules in parallel on the Pedalboard.
- Fixes an issue where the cutoff filter in Retro Synth could sound different after several consecutive presses of the same key.
- Audio Units plug-ins with square windows now display properly on Mac computers with Apple silicon.
- Logic Pro now properly migrates instances of Kontakt 5 to Kontakt 6 after Kontakt has been updated on the computer.
- Resolves an issue where IRs in Space Designer could be unexpectedly truncated after the project sample rate is changed.
- Fixes an issue where double-clicking on the Surround Panner to open a floating pan window occasionally leads to unexpected changes to the pan position.
- Selecting multiple channels in the Mixer using the Command or Shift keys now works consistently.
- Plug-in insert slots now show an indicator when plug-ins are using a sidechain input.
- Setting the channel strip in the Main window inspector to Surround output while the Smart Controls view is showing EQ on the Output no longer causes all insert slots on the Output to be filled with Channel EQ instances when the left channel strip is switched back to Stereo.
- The Mixer now reliably updates to show that all effects plug-ins have been removed after the Remove All Effects Plug-ins command is used.
- It is now possible to change the Automation Mode for multiple channels in the Mixer that are not assigned to tracks in the Main window.
- Group settings now offer an option to create a default set.
- Groups in tracks with Track Alternatives are now maintained properly when a Take folder is disclosed on one of the tracks in the group.
- Audio regions on grouped tracks whose anchors are not at the region start point are no longer unexpectedly selected when other non-overlapping regions in other tracks in the groups are selected.
- It is now possible to select a region on a track assigned to a group without also selecting overlapping regions on the same track.
Drummer and Drum Machine Designer
- Samples or loops onto Drum Machine Designer pads now trigger reliably.
- Drummer now outputs sound when the Vintage Brushes kit is set to play only from the percussion section in the Drummer Editor.
- Fixes an issue where clearing all Pads in an instance of Drum Machine Designer could clear plug-ins from shared Auxes associated with the Drum Machine Designer instance.
- Recording multiple times over the same area into a Track Stack hosting Drum Machine Designer with the Recording Preference for Overlapping Recordings set to Create Tracks no longer replaces the Drum Machine Designer instance with an empty Aux channel.
- Saving a patch based on a new instance of Drum Machine Designer on a track with a custom track name now uses the track name by default.
- Loops placed on the main track of a multi-out Drum Machine Designer track stack now play in sync.
- Drum Machine Designer sub-tracks can now be sorted.
- Subtracks for instances of Drum Machine Designer now reliably show icons when the toggling the stack in the Mixer.
- The Fill Lock setting is now preserved when a Drummer region is copied.
Takes and comping
- Using Quick Swipe comping from right to left to close a gap between comp segments in a Take no longer causes the entire Take to be unexpectedly be selected in the comp.
- The Audio File Editor now displays automatically generated Take names as expected.
- Fixes an issue in which Comps in Take Folders could still be edited on tracks with Track Protect enabled.
- Region names in the Project Audio window now reflect Take names shown in Take Folders.
- Fixes an issue where editing Quick Swipe Comping in an audio Take folder could reset fade lengths.
- It is now possible to split multiple selected takes in a disclosed Take folder at the same time.
- Splitting or copying Take regions that have been renamed now appends a number to the name of the new segment.
- New Take regions created by splitting existing Take regions now show up immediately in the Project Audio window.
- Transpose settings in the MIDI region defaults are now applied to recorded Takes.
- Region solo now works for selected Quick Swipe comps in Take folders.
- Take Folders recorded over a tempo change are now the correct lengths.
- Option-drag copying of a region while inactive Track Alternatives are visible no longer leaves the bottommost inactive alternative selected.
- Fixes an issue where a region exported from a take folder within a Track Alternative can cause the Track Alternative to not work correctly.
- Recording MIDI to a track showing inactive track alternatives no longer creates aliases on the inactive alternatives.
- It is now possible to record MIDI after recording MIDI and audio simultaneously and then deleting an inactive Track Alternative.
- Dragging an inactive track alternative to the area below the last track in the Tracks Area now creates a new track at the expected location and places the region there.
- A Track Alternative created by Option-dragging an inactive Track Alternative below itself is now fully available in the Track Alternatives menu.
- When a crossfade is edited, the right side of the fade now visibly updates as expected.
- Logic Pro now displays a warning to switch the Smart Tempo mode to KEEP when starting a MIDI recording with a cycle enabled in AUTO mode in projects that have no tempo reference.
- The key command “Forward by Bar” in the Smart Tempo Editor now continues to work after the first use.
- There are new key commands to navigate in the Smart Tempo Editor:
- Forward by Bar
- Rewind by Bar
- Forward by Beat
- Rewind by Beat
- Forward 8 Bars
- Rewind 8 Bars
- Smart Tempo editor window now scrolls as expected the selection is extended to the right.
- Audio files created by Bounce in Place now line up to the correct beat position when the “Apply Region Tempo to Project Tempo” command with the “Align downbeat to nearest project downbeat” option is used.
- Moving the anchor for a region in a Smart Tempo Multitrack Set no longer forces the region to be re-bounced.
- It is now possible to use an alias to refer to sound library content manually moved to a non-default location.
- The Sound Library can now be relocated to volumes on Box.
- Choosing an individual Drum Machine Designer Kit piece from the patch library no longer resets the volume of a selected Software Instrument track.
- The “Wild Dreams Beat 01” Apple Loops now plays back smoothly.
- The Loops Browser now displays Major and Minor key signature modes.
- Sorting by tempo in the Untagged Loops area now works as expected.
- The setting to enable Patch Merging in the Patch Library is now remembered when the library is closed and then reopened.
- The Library now reliably displays the full path for all content.
- The Close button in the Essential Sounds download window now closes the window without stopping the download.
- It is now possible to filter the Sound Library to show patches from specific sound packs.
- Live Loops projects created in GarageBand for iOS/iPadOS now open correctly in Logic Pro.
- When importing Music XML files, Logic Pro now asks whether to import the tempo map or keep the current tempo.
- Logic Pro now supports importing the new Final Cut Pro fcpmld XML file format.
- Drummer regions are no longer created to MIDI regions when importing a Drummer track from another project.
- Logic Pro now properly aligns audio regions from nested compound clips when importing FCPXML files from Final Cut Pro.
Export and bounce
- It is now possible to bounce a region to a selected audio track that already contains a region that starts at the bounce position.
- A progress bar now displays when converting multiple audio files to a compressed format in the Project Audio window.
- Bounce in Place now includes content before position 1 1 1 1 in a project.
- Track numbers are now appended correctly when “Export all tracks as audio files” is performed while one or more Take folders are open.
- It is now possible to bounce a region in place to a selected track when the project and region both start at 1 1 1 1.
- Add to Apple Loops Library and Export now generates a 24bit audio file.
- Logic Pro no longer shows a Deep Architecture alert when bouncing a project that contains time signatures with “1” as the numerator and Beats enabled in the Metronome setting.
- Audio files exported from a project with a disclosed Take folder now contain tempo and marker information as expected.
- MIDI events in regions retain their correct positions when exported as MIDI files from projects with start position earlier than 1 1 1 1.
- Exporting audio from an extremely long movie now works.
- The Playhead now reliably returns to the original start position after a bounce between locators is performed.
- Fixes an issue where Auto Sampler could unexpectedly truncate some notes while sampling when they include delay taps.
- Fixes an issue in which Auto Sampler sometimes would get stuck for a long time recording some notes.
- The Key command editor now displays Touch Bar icons for those key commands that offer them.
- The key command to toggle the metronome now properly shows the Metronome Click: Off notification when the metronome is toggled off.
- The Apply Transform User Preset X key commands now update to account for deleted user Transform Sets.
- The Key Commands editor now resets any selections when it is closed and re-opened.
- It is now possible to assign to assign multiple Key Commands to the same MIDI message.
- The “Select muted regions/cells/events” command now only selects muted items within selected regions, or within a marquee selected area.
- Unpacking folders and Take Folders is now performed with the same key command.
- There is now a key command for Custom Row Name in Step Sequencer.
- The Toggle Track Record Enable key command now works when applied to a group that contains an even number of tracks.
- Section headers in the Key commands window now always remain visible.
- “Apply Smoothing to Selected Points” in the Tempo Track now works correctly after a tempo point has been manually edited.
- Shift-clicking the lower left corner of a Global Track now resets its height, just as with other tracks.
Impulse Response Utility
- Removing an audio device from the system not being used by Impulse Response Utility no longer causes it to lose connection to the audio device it is using.
- Selection-based Processing now works on Take folders.
- Smart Controls for the Tresonator patch are now available.
- The Remix FX tab now shows up as expected in the Smart Controls window for the main output track when working in a Live Loops grid.
- Rubberband selecting lyrics or text in page view no longer selects notes in other staves.
- Beams now draw correctly at all zoom levels.
- User-created Text Styles can now be deleted from a project.
- Fixes an issue where scores exported to PDF could include unexpected Auto Slurs.
- Notes are now pasted to the correct position in the Score editor in projects that start on a beat sub-division.
- Inserted notes in the Score now immediately display correctly at high zoom levels.
- Track automation can now be copy/pasted in the Piano Roll using key commands.
- The MIDI In button in the Step Record window can no longer be activated if no MIDI region is selected.
- The Event Float window now opens the first time a note is double-clicked in the Piano Roll.
- The function to trim all selected notes to the same position in the Piano Roll now works reliably in all projects.
- MIDI CC data in the Piano Roll automation lane can now be quantized.
- The Event List editor now properly updates to display newly loaded Articulation Sets.
- The Automatic lane in the Step Editor now updates properly when note data is pasted or transposed in the editor.
- Changing note velocities in the Piano Roll automation lane does not affect other non-note MIDI events.
- The Transformer object in the Environment now works properly with 14-bit Pitch Bend data.
- Both notes created by splitting a muted note in the Piano Roll remain muted.
- Undo now works for parameter changes in the Mapped Instrument editor.
- Performing Undo after creating a Software Instrument track no longer causes unexpected changes besides the removal of the instrument track.
- Undo now works for routing changes applied to stomp boxes in the Pedalboard plug-in.
- Changes to the Surround Panner now create Undo steps.
- Changes to Mixer channels with Record Automation with Regions enabled now create undo steps.
- Movie audio is now muted when opening a project that has been saved with a floating Movie window open.
- If the frame rate of a movie is changed while importing, and the audio is not imported as a separate track, a blue frame indicating the video contains embedded audio is now displayed in the global track as expected.
- Videos in saved projects now open in the correct aspect ratio after a project containing a video with a different aspect ratio has been opened.
- Logic Remote now correctly displays the mute status of Live Loops cells in a Track Stack when the main Folder track is muted.
- Changes to the transposition value of the keyboard in Logic Remote are no longer reset to 0 when a plug-in or plug-in preset are loaded in the channel.
- When an Alchemy track is created using Logic Remote, the Alchemy presets are now shown as expected.
- Logic Remote now reliably shows the currently focused tracks when a group of tracks is selected in Logic Pro.
Control surface and MIDI controller support
- The Control Surface preference window now includes a column to display the Lua script version number.
- Control surface buttons now reliably reflect the states of key commands assigned to them.
- Control surfaces now update to show the status of Mute and Solo buttons when a Step Sequencer row is selected.
- LUA scripts can now connect to virtual MIDI ports.
- MIDI device scripts that contain an image of the device no longer show a generic image for the device in Logic Pro.
- Logic Pro now correctly installs support for a connected Launchpad if a Mackie Control device is already installed.
- Adding additional subtracks to a Multi-output Software Instrument in the Live Loops grid no longer creates unexpected empty tracks between the output track and newly created subtracks if a Novation Launchpad is connected.
- Step Input now preserves the MIDI channel sent by an external MIDI device.
- The Playhead and LCD clock display now reliably show the correct position when the cycle zone is moved while playing.
- The Playhead is now visibly in sync with playback when using AirPods Pro with Logic Pro.
- The Playhead now shows the correct position when playing back a very short cycle zone at high zoom levels.
- Fixes an issue where moving regions on different tracks at the same time in Shuffle L or Shuffle R mode sometimes creates unexpected gaps.
- It is no longer possible to copy regions to frozen tracks.
- The “Separate by MIDI Channel” command no longer creates a duplicate track for channel 2.
- When used in a track stack, the “Separate by MIDI Channel” command no longer places new tracks outside the track stack.
- The Metronome Toggle notification now properly indicates the state of the Metronome.
- The main menu now remains fully functional when the Template Picker window is open.
- Clicking a file in the File Browser with a mouse no longer leaves previously selected files highlighted.
- Engaging Track Protect on an armed audio track will now disarm it.
- Control-Option drag and the “Zoom to Fit” key command now reliably show the expected screen area.
- Performing “Separate by MIDI Channel” on a multitimbral Software Instrument track no longer places regions for channels 9-16 on the same instrument track.
- Punch recording in Region Erase or Regions punch mode with a zero length Marquee selection no longer creates unexpectedly long regions.
- Auto Zoom now works as expected when the Cycle zone starts before the start of an open folder in the currently visible area.
- The “Separate by MIDI Channel” command now uses existing sub-channels of a Multi Instrument.
- Aliases created from Folders now contain all the tracks from the original.
- Sustain pedal events performed during playback now override recorded sustain pedal events.
- Text pasted into the Mixer Notes window now properly retains the font and size.
- Fixes an issue where deleting inactive Track Alternatives for a track could cause the view to jump to the top of the Main window.
- The top of Logic Pro’s Main window is no longer partially covered by the Menu Bar in Full Screen mode.
- The playhead now displays at the correct position when switching from Skip Cycle to Cycle mode while playing.
- MIDI Modify in Step Input now works with the Musical Typing keyboard.
- Fixes an issue where option-drag copying a Marquee selected area that encompasses a number of complete regions could truncate some of the resulting copies.
- If the sample rate is changed when creating a new project, the new sample rate remains in effect when creating subsequent new projects.
- META 47 events with values above 127 no longer jump to 127.
- Quick Help settings can now be accessed directly from the Quick Help button in the Control Bar.
- The Clean Up Project command now removes unneeded DUP files resulting from creating audio file backups.
- Tracks with MIDI FX plug-ins are no longer silent if frozen in Source Only mode.
- Sustain events can now be set to more granular values.
- Engaging record with a single-tick length Marquee zone no longer engages Auto Drop.
- MIDI events in track regions are now displayed more consistently at all vertical track zoom levels.
- Regions remain selected when automation view is turned off.
- Fixes and issue where the Create Track sheet could unexpectedly come up again after creating a new track.
- Fixes an issue where Insert Silence could affect automation points before the inserted section of silence.
- Hyperlinks added in Notes fields now open a web browser as expected.
- External MIDI tracks can now be consistently renamed by double-clicking the name in the Track Header.
- “Paste at Original Position” now works correctly when pasting to an earlier position in a track that does not currently contain a region.
- There is a new preference setting to adjust Logic Pro's light/dark appearance independently of the system setting.
- The New Software Instrument Track command no longer creates an Aux track if an Aux patch has been defined as the Default patch in the Library.
- Settings in the File Browser are now retained after the Browser is closed and reopened.
- Fixes an issue where the File Browser could unexpectedly show files hidden by the system.
- Resolves an issue where double-clicking an audio region on a track could select all other regions on the track when Fade Tool Click Zones is enabled.
- The channel display in the Step Input keyboard now displays both digits for MIDI channels 10-16.
- Fixes an issue where freezing a Software Instrument track in Source Only mode could result in a silent audio region.
- For previous Logic Pro release notes, see the following:
- Visit the Logic Pro page to learn more about Logic Pro.
- Refer to Logic Pro Help for further information on settings or installation.
- Visit the Logic Pro support page for more articles and support resources for Logic Pro.