Before you get started, make sure you've set up iCloud Drive on your Mac and your iOS device.
Share your project
First, share your project from Logic Pro X or GarageBand on your Mac to GarageBand for iOS.
- On your Mac, open the project in Logic Pro or GarageBand.
- Share it to GarageBand for iOS:
- In GarageBand, choose Share > Project to GarageBand for iOS.
- In Logic Pro X, choose File > Share > Project to GarageBand for iOS.
Export the project as a ringtone
In GarageBand for iOS, export the project you shared from your Mac as a ringtone.
- Open GarageBand on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
- In the My Songs browser, tap Browse , tap Select, then tap the project you shared from your Mac.
- Tap , then tap Ringtone.
- Enter a name for the ringtone, then tap Export. If the ringtone is longer than 30 seconds, tap Continue to have GarageBand shorten the ringtone automatically. Or, tap Cancel to return to the song so you can shorten it.
- Tap Export.
- When the ringtone is finished exporting, you can assign the ringtone.
Assign the ringtone
After you’ve exported your project as a ringtone, you can set it as your standard ringtone, or assign it to a contact. Tap “Use sound as,” then choose an option:
- To use the ringtone as your standard ringtone, replacing the existing ringtone, tap Standard Ringtone.
- To use the ringtone as your standard text tone, replacing the existing text tone, tap Standard Text Tone.
- To associate a ringtone with one of your contacts, tap "Assign to contact," then choose a contact.
- To return to the My Songs browser without assigning the ringtone, tap Done.