- Make sure that your iPad has the latest version of iOS or iPadOS.
- To use Split View, you need an iPad Pro, iPad (5th generation and later), iPad Air 2 and later, or iPad mini 4 and later.
Use Split View in Safari
- Put your iPad in landscape mode.
- Open Safari.
- To see two web pages at the same time, do one of the following:
- Open a link in Split View: Touch and hold the link, then drag it to the right-hand side of your screen.
- Open a blank page in Split View: Touch and hold , then tap Open New Window.
- Move a tab to the other side of Split View: Drag the tab left or right in the Split View.
To leave Split View, touch and hold , then tap Merge All Windows or Close All [number] Tabs. You can also tap to close tabs individually.
Learn more about Split View and other Multitasking features on your iPad.