Before updating Logic Pro X, make sure to back up the currently installed version of the Logic Pro application and your Logic Pro projects.
New in Logic Pro X 10.4.4
- Fixes an issue in which Logic Pro was not creating Auto Backups correctly.
- Includes stability improvements.
Logic Pro X 10.4.3
- There are now preferences to filter MIDI data on a port-by-port basis.
- Logic Pro no longer quits unexpectedly
- Sometimes when Exporting All Tracks as Audio.
- Sometimes when adjusting the left edge of a region.
- When more than one image is dragged to the project notes area.
- Sometimes when adding text objects to the bottom of a page in the Score.
- Sometimes while recording when the Piano Roll scrolls to a set of selected events after clicking in the header of a track that is not the recording track.
- After using “Select Unused” in the Project Audio window and then pressing delete in projects that use instances of Melodyne ARA.
- After cutting a MIDI take folder and then immediately starting a recording.
- Sometimes when clicking the Display Level button in the Automation Event Edit list.
- When a channel strip is deleted with the Undo History window open.
- When the "Unpack to New Track Alternatives" command is performed on grouped tracks.
- Logic Pro no longer hangs
- Sometimes when editing Articulation Sets.
- Sometimes after performing the “Copy MIDI Events” key command.
- Logic Pro no longer shows an “Illegal Regions” error when opening certain projects.
- Performing undo after adjusting the length of a looped region no longer rarely causes the region to be deleted.
- Logic Pro no longer seems to hang sometimes when opening a List or Browser when the Smart Controls are open.
- CPU performance is improved when running Logic Pro on high density displays.
- Tempo information is now properly written to audio files in a multitrack set that do not have the “Contribute to Analysis” option selected.
- Clicking on a button in a Smart Tempo Multitrack Set after deleting a recording in the Tracks area no longer causes the other files in the Multitrack Set to be deleted.
- Changing the length of a Drummer region in Adapt Mode no longer sometimes leads to unexpected tempo changes.
- Region Flex & Follow settings are now properly preserved after editing contributors to Smart Tempo analysts of a multitrack set.
- Performing Undo immediately after an audio recording in KEEP mode now works the first time.
- Tempo events from imported audio files are now placed correctly on downbeats when Flex & Follow is set to On in Keep Mode.
- A progress bar for Normalize no longer sometimes appears after a multitrack recording.
- It is no longer necessary to hit play after loading a project that uses instances of ARA plug-ins to insure the data and edits are saved.
- The Auto Save feature now recovers unsaved ARA edits.
- Controller information and note data for Articulations are now sent each time playback is started.
- Articulation Key Switches again work reliably when notes are selected in an editor.
- Controllers used as articulation switches no longer sometimes unexpectedly reset to 0.
- Impulse Response files for Chinese and Japanese traditional instruments are now correctly found when a GarageBand for iOS project is opened in Logic Pro.
- Logic Pro no longer sometimes shows a “not enough disk space” error when relocating the Sound Library content to an external drive that has adequate free space.
- The Flex view now updates correctly when changing from Flex Pitch to a Flex Time mode.
- Trimming the left edge of a flexed region no longer sometimes disables flex in certain rare cases.
- It is now possible to trim the right borders of multiple selected flexed regions.
- Dragged flex-pitched notes in the Audio Track Editor now sound while being adjusted.
- Adjusting the setting of knobs via text entry now reliably results in accurate values.
- EXS instruments created by loading 32-bit float audio files from the Edit > Zone > Load Multiple Samples menu item now sound correctly.
- Changing a plug-in or instrument no longer sometimes affects instances of the same plug-in or instrument in a different open project.
- Plug-ins that are in a Compare state are saved with the correct settings when performing Save As.
- Adjusting region-based automation in an editor window no longer unexpectedly affects the display of Track-based Automation in the Tracks area.
- Regions at the bottom of a Summing Stack no longer sometimes disappear after they have been moved to higher tracks in the stack.
- Removing characters from Global Text objects no longer causes unexpected repeated characters.
- Chord grids with custom tunings now consistently display as expected.
- Knobs on Classic MIDI channel strips again send MIDI CC data while being adjusted.
- Option-clicking a send on a selected channel strip again resets all sends on the channel strip to 0db.
- Sends to outputs other than Output 1-2 are no longer unexpectedly delayed when Low Latency Mode is enabled.
- The Goto Position key command is again executed after pressing Return once.
Control Surfaces/MIDI Controllers
- Changing the order of devices in the Control Surface Setup window now continues to work after the initial setup.
- Fader objects in the Environment again show numerical values as black text on a white background when the object is deflected and Cable view is on.
- The Piano Roll no longer scrolls to the bottom of the window when receiving non-note data during recording.
- The view in the Piano Roll now reliably remains focused on the currently playing notes while recording using the Repeat Note button on the Touch Bar.
- Copying notes in the Piano Roll that extend past the current end of the region again automatically lengthen the region to accommodate them.
- Selecting quantize values by right-clicking a note with the Quantize Tool in the Piano Roll again works as expected.
- Swing Quantize now works correctly for regions whose left borders do not fall precisely on grid positions.
- Using the Solo tool in the Tracks area no longer sometimes causes hanging notes.
- Editing text in the Notepad no longer always causes the view to jump to the end of the text.
- Solo Lock is now properly maintained when copying or moving regions that aren’t soloed.
- Pressing Enter after renaming a track in the Track Inspector now confirms the new text as expected.
- Regions on Summing Stacks now visibly move when dragged.
- Track stacks no longer appear to be muted after solo is engaged and then disengaged.
- It is again possible to adjust the Delay setting in the Track Inspector for a channel of a multi-output software instrument.
- “Cancel” now works as expected in the dialog that comes up when performing the “Cut section between locators” command.
- Inserting a tempo event into the Tempo List no longer cause Automation View to unexpectedly toggle.
- The Optimize Files menu item in the Project Audio browser in the Main Window media area is now dimmed as expected when only regions are selected in the browser.
- Logic no longer hangs sometimes when opening the Musical Typing Keyboard window.
Logic Pro X 10.4.2
- The Sound Library can be relocated to an external storage device.
- Smart Tempo can analyze tempo data across multi-track recordings to define the Project Tempo.
- Imported multi-track stems can follow or define Project Tempo.
- Smart Tempo now analyzes the tempo of MIDI performances recorded without a metronome.
- Alchemy provides drag and drop hot zones that let you select re-synthesis and sampling options while importing audio.
- Alchemy allows numerical editing of parameter values.
- Dragging one automation point over another now aligns them vertically.
- New mixer mode allows channel strip fader and pan controls to be used to set send level and pan.
- Automatic Slurs can be applied to selected notes in the Score Editor.
- Add a photo to track or project notes to help remember key session details or studio hardware settings.
- There is now a key command to open the Articulation Editor for the currently selected track, if there is an articulation set available for it.
- The "Join Regions" and "Join Regions by Track" commands now convert loops to real copies and join the resulting MIDI regions.
- The Threshold control in the Remove Silence from Audio Region window is now displayed in dB rather than percentage.
- It is now possible to address a Send directly to an Output.
- Logic Pro no longer quits unexpectedly:
- When importing project settings if it is connected to the Logic Remote app.
- Sometimes when dragging an audio file to Alchemy’s Keymap editor.
- When opening a GarageBand for iOS project that contains an instance of Alchemy that uses an AAZ file that is not available on the computer.
- Sometimes when Command-Period (.) is pressed to stop a recording.
- When analyzing surround files in the File Tempo Editor.
- When recording from a surround input.
- When the High value is scrubbed with the mouse with multiple selected styles in the Staff Styles window.
- After using the Touch Bar to change the audio input for a multichannel interface, and then switching the Audio Device to "Built-in."
- When switching from an ARA compatible to a non-ARA compatible version of the Melodyne plug-in.
- When "Adapt Project Tempo and All Regions to Region Tempo and Downbeat" is selected after recording audio in ADAPT mode.
- Sometimes when canceling a recording by pressing Command-Period (.).
- When option-dragging taps in Delay Designer exceeds the maximum number of possible taps.
- In rare cases when recording is stopped.
- Logic Pro no longer hangs:
- When switching to a different section in a Studio Instrument while the Sustain Pedal is being pressed.
- When performing Join per Track on a Summing stack.
- Canceling a Join Regions command no longer sometimes causes MIDI regions to be unexpectedly deleted.
- Logic Pro now remains responsive when resizing the Key Commands window.
- There is no longer a lag when selecting tracks in large projects.
- Performance when zooming in projects with a large number of Tempo events is improved.
- Combining Vintage EQ plug-ins with certain third-party audio unit plug-ins on the same channel strip no longer sometimes causes unexpected CPU spikes.
- Logic Pro again remains fully responsive when starting a rubber band selection at a region border.
- There is no longer a lag when deleting multiple transient markers in the File Tempo Editor.
- In large projects, opening the Project Audio window no longer sometimes results in slow performance.
- Performance when moving beat markers in the Smart Tempo Editor is improved.
- Logic no longer sometimes starts to respond sluggishly after recalling screensets.
- Items in the Edit menu of the Smart Tempo Editor have been reworded for greater clarity.
- The File Tempo Editor now has a scroll bar.
- Vertical mouse movements no longer cause tempo adjustment handles to move unexpectedly at certain zoom settings in the File Tempo Editor.
- When removing tempo information from multiple files, only one confirmation dialog is now shown.
- Flex settings for regions now update immediately after "Remove Original Recording Tempo and Analyze Again" is performed on them in the File Tempo Editor.
- Setting the Smart Tempo project setting "Trim start of new regions" for "Set new audio recordings to" no longer also causes the start of regions to be trimmed when importing audio files.
- The waveform view in the File Tempo Editor no longer unexpectedly changes height when scrolling.
- Removing the original recording tempo from an audio file no longer requires confirmation for each region.
- Performing Undo after switching between Variable and Constant in the File Tempo editor now resets the state of the Tempo Switch, as well as repositioning the Beat Markers.
- The first and last Beat Marker in a file now reliably display at all zoom settings in the File Tempo Editor.
- The "Actions" menu in the File Tempo Editor has been renamed to "Edit."
- The File Tempo Editor now shows the audio file waveform when selecting an audio region after a MIDI region has been selected.
- Double-clicking the ruler in the File Tempo Editor now starts playback at that location instead of the beginning of the current selection.
- The "Remove Original Recording Tempo from Audio File" command now properly removes Flex markers in cases where the command "Remove Original Recording Tempo and Analyze Again" has been executed before.
- In ADAPT mode, trimming a region now removes tempo events in the range of the edit if no other regions exist in that range.
- Canceling analyze after transposing audio no longer causes the analysis process to retriever every time an audio region is edited in the project.
- In ADAPT mode, exposing a portion of a recording performed during the count-in now creates the correct tempo for the newly revealed portion of the region.
- It is now possible to configure Logic Pro so that while Logic Pro is stopped, moving the playhead in the File Tempo Editor moves the playhead in the Main windows well.
- Performing edits on a selected range in the File Tempo Editor no longer sometimes affects tempo markers adjacent to the selected range.
- It is now possible to export from the File Tempo Editor in Beat resolution.
- Double-clicking a region on a track that is a member of a group now open the File Tempo Editor for the region clicked, instead of a region in the first track of the group.
- Smart Tempo analysis now shows a progress bar.
- Adapting the project tempo to the region tempo no longer sometimes unexpectedly removes existing tempo events that are before the start of the region.
- The "Adapt Project Tempo to Region Tempo" command now reliably places tempo events on bars and beats.
- Logic Pro now displays a warning when opening a SMPTE-locked audio file extracted from a movie when the audio file is opened in the Smart Tempo editor.
- Using Adapt Tempo to adjust project tempo to audio imported into a project no longer sometimes causes tempo ramps in earlier sections of the project to be deleted.
- Regions no longer sometimes unexpectedly shift position after the left border is changed while in Adapt mode.
- SMPTE-locked regions no longer unexpectedly shift positions when Adapt Project Tempo is applied.
- The Smart Tempo editor no longer shows the Edit button when it is opened to an audio file that has already been edited there.
- Adapt Project Tempo to Region Tempo and Align to Downbeat’ no longer writes an unexpected tempo to the project in certain cases.
- Undo now works properly after performing Set Downbeat in the Smart Tempo Editor.
- Selecting a range in the Smart Tempo Editor no longer moves the Playhead to the start of the range.
- It is now possible to access a contextual menu containing Edit commands in the Smart Tempo Editor by right- or Control-clicking the background.
- Movie position now changes position as expected when "Apply Region Tempo to Project Tempo" is used with the checkbox "Maintain relative positions of all other regions" enabled
- Double-clicking within a bar in the Smart Tempo Editor to select it now works during playback.
- The start position of a movie now adjusts correctly when the "Adapt Project Tempo and all Regions to project Tempo and Downbeat" command is used.
- It is now possible to set the value of the FM, Comb or Ring Mod filters to a MIDI note value to precisely tune it. The filters now also offer much higher resolution.
- Alchemy’s additive synthesis engine has been updated, resulting in greater clarity and improved tuning stability when using Resynthesis.
- Scrolling in Alchemy now responds correctly when Natural Scrolling is enabled in the System settings.
- Alchemy now uses the same zoom commands as other areas of Logic Pro.
- The Modulation Rack now offers a menu from which any already modulated target may be chosen.
- Controls for unused modules are now dimmed.
- The Spectral Edit display now includes time markers.
- Tempo grid lines are now shown when adjusting time alignment markers if the Position knob is being modulated by a tempo-synced source.
- Dragged points in the MSEG graph now snap to smaller time positions as the view is zoomed in.
- Modulation Edit buttons are now only visible if there is a modulator to edit.
- It is now possible to numerically adjust the values of knobs in Alchemy.
- When dragging and dropping onto a Source, there are now hot zones to select the different analysis options.
- Modulating Morph X/Y with an MSEG no longer sometimes causes clicks at the beginning of notes.
- Clicking the Edit button for poly mod arp sources now displays the appropriate Poly Mod row.
- The Pitch Correction window now displays correctly when switching from one Source to another.
- The AHDSR envelope display now shows two envelopes - one with the static parameter settings and another with the modulated version.
- When the mod wheel is assigned to a Perform control, an orange arc will appear around the knob and the modulated value will reflect the position of the mod wheel.
- Moving the Transform Pad puck in Advanced mode no longer causes meters in Logic Pro to temporarily freeze.
- Releasing the mouse button after drawing on the Spectral Canvas no longer causes a small gap in the audio.
- Files listed in the Import File browser are again sorted as expected.
- Browser in Alchemy now continue to have scroll inertia immediately after a new preset is selected.
- Alchemy’s MSEG editor now defaults to showing four beats.
- In the Keymap and Additive editors, dragging the sample end marker past the edge of a warp marker now causes the display to resize properly, and warp markers remain properly aligned with the audio waveform.
- Changing the Decay Curve in the AHDSR no longer sometimes changes the Attack, Hold and overall length.
- The default positions for non-standard filter types, such a Comb Filter are now 0%.
- The delay when turning on morphing which sometimes occurs when using multisample EXS files is greatly reduced.
- It is again possible to place the Start loop marker at the same position as the End loop marker.
- Points added to MSEG or MODMAP graphs can now be moved as soon as they are created.
- When the AHDSR is in sync mode, dragged envelope points now automatically snap to points that are supported by the currently selected grid pattern.
- Importing a second EXS file to the same group no longer also creates an empty group in addition to the imported group.
- Activating Morph Mode on VA sources no longer sometimes causes the sync parameter to be set incorrectly,
- Stepping through samples or folders using the Source left/right buttons now selects the samples and folders in the correct order.
- It is no longer possible to step through presets in the Alchemy library on a frozen track, which could lead to the sound changing unexpectedly when the track was unfrozen.
- Alchemy’s import file browser again sorts items correctly.
- The FM Filter no longer sometimes introduces a small amount of distortion even when the modulation amount is set to zero.
- Enabling Additive Synthesis in addition to an imported waveform using Spectral + Formant no longer sometimes results in unexpectedly loud output.
- Alchemy tracks created in GarageBand for iOS that use pitch bend now sound the same when played back in Logic Pro.
- Saving Alchemy presets no longer sometimes causes unchanged AAZ files to sometimes be saved.
- It is now easier to consistently set edited Start and End loop markers back to their original positions.
- Setting a quantize value for a region with a Flex & Follow setting of On + Align Bars & Beats no longer resets the Flex & Follow setting to On.
- The "Set all to Original Pitch" command for Flex Pitch in the Audio Track Editor now reliably sets all notes to their original pitches.
- Editing the last Flex marker in a region that has been quantized no longer causes the region to change in length.
- Splitting a flexed region in Splice mode no longer sometimes causes its contents to shift,
- The Slice at Transient Markers command now consistently slice the file at the correct positions.
- Setting the Region transpose to 0 from another value no longer disables Flex Pitch if Flex Pitch had been enabled from the Track header.
- A second take recorded to a track with Flex enabled now is flexed as expected.
- The mouse pointer no longer incorrectly shows the Loop tool instead of the Time Stretch tool when hovering over the right edge of an audio region while pressing the Option key while in Flex ,mode in the Audio Track editor.
- The Flex Time - Automatic mode can now be selected in the Track Inspector.
- Takes recorded in Cycle mode no longer sometimes shift positions when Flex is enabled.
- Enabling Flex on a track that is a member of an edit group again triggers a progress bar if the audio files need to be analyzed.
- It is again possible to adjust the borders of multiple selected flexed regions.
- The Flex & Follow setting now reliably remains available in the Inspector after selecting an audio region.
- Flex Time edits are now reliably maintained after the project sample rate is converted.
- The Channel EQ UI now remains responsive after switching from Logic Pro to another application and then back when the Channel EQ has focus.
- The resolution of scaling in the Modifier plug-in has been increased from 10% per step to 1%.
- Undo and Redo now work with Damping EQ Curves in ChromaVerb.
- Key commands now work as expected when a value pop-up is visible for a knob in the Pedalboard.
- The state of the ChromaVerb visualization button is now preserved when loading a new preset.
- The resolution for IR waveforms is increased in Space Designer.
- A long press on a pedal set to control the Leslie in the Vintage Organ now brakes the Leslie.
- Undo now works after dragging a sample onto a cell in Drum Machine Designer.
- The Touch Bar now displays more articulations with channel strips using Studio Strings.
- Selecting an articulation for Studio Strings from the Touch Bar no longer sometimes assigns the adjacent articulation.
- It is now easier to drag items from one page to another in Drum Machine Designer.
- The Harmonics button for the Touch Bar for the Vintage Organ now continues to work after the first time it has been used.
- The Step FX and Phat FX XY Pad now displays visual effects to indicate the intensity of effects.
- When two instances of Scripter are inserted on the same channel strip, removing one instance no longer sometimes causes the other instance to revert to a saved state.
- In the Match EQ plug-in, the Apply value no longer jumps back to 100% after it has been adjusted, and then a different reference file is learned or loaded.
- Inserting a plug-in before an instance of Phat FX or Step FX, or moving Phat FX or Step FX to a different plug-in slot no longer removes automation for the master section of the plug-ins.
- Right clicking the Damping or Output EQ area in ChromaVerb now brings up a contextual menu that offers to reset the EQ.
- Pitch bends with a long ramp time now sound smoother with software instruments and AudioUnits instruments.
- With a User scale selected, the MIDI Transposer now immediately outputs the correct notes after changing the root note.
- Using compare in a plug-in now loads the correct setting after Save As has been performed.
- The accuracy of the Loudness Meter plug-in is improved.
- Oversampling is no longer disabled in in the Channel EQ when Linear Phase is toggled.
- Changes to Vibrato Mode in Studio Horns are now consistent whether in Playback or Live mode.
- The Pitch Shifter plug-in now reliably retains Manual timing settings when a project is saved and then reopened.
- AudioUnit plug-ins in GarageBand for iOS songs opened in Logic Pro now retain their settings, if the equivalent Audio Unit plug-in is installed on the computer.
- Scripter now reliably passes parameter values from menu controls to slider controls showing the same parameter.
- Frequency values above 20 kHz typed into the Test Oscillator plug-in are now reliably maintained when the project is saved and then re-opened.
- The Brass Ensemble sampler instrument now reliably produces sound after being downloaded.
- VCA slot pop-up menus can now be opened with a short click on the slot.
- Choosing "Create new tracks for the regions you are about to paste" when pasting regions into the Tracks area no longer sometimes creates non-functioning channel strips in the Mixer.
- Pasting "Plug-ins Only" from a factory Software Instrument channel strip setting to an empty Software Instrument channel strip no longer also pastes the name.
- A track removed from a group is no longer controlled by that group unless the group is first disabled and then re-enabled.
- The Select Members command in the Groups window action menu now selects all tracks assigned to channel strips that are part of the group.
- Changing the order of automation lanes on a track assigned to an Aux no longer causes the output assignment of the Aux to be changed to match the input Bus.
- Fader values of -10 dB or less now display a minus sign before the number.
- Record enable for multiple selected tracks can again be toggled with a key command.
- A selected Software Instrument track now continues to respond to MIDI input after an audio loop is dragged into the Tracks area.
- Inserting multi-mono plug-ins on an Instrument track set to surround no longer produces unexpected feedback in certain rare cases.
- Logic Pro now shows a warning if an existing name is chosen when using Save As with an Articulation Set.
- When the preference for MIDI Remote is set to Per Channel Strip, the Articulations switch in the Toolbar now updates its status depending on whether MIDI Remote is active for articulations on the current track.
- Muted notes no longer unexpectedly send their articulations to key switches.
- Notes without Articulation IDs are no longer treated as having Articulation ID 1.
- Up to three output switch events can now be assigned per articulation.
- The TAB key now moves the focus from cell to cell in the Articulation Editor.
- Pressing Enter no longer sometimes causes the Articulation Set window to unexpectedly lose focus.
- It is now possible to set a default articulation in the Score or Piano Roll in cases where all currently selected regions belong to the same track.
- The Select Track by Region/Folder key command no longer causes the selected regions or folders to unexpectedly be de-selected after selecting the track.
- Pressing the Forward key command several times in rapid succession no longer sometimes causes Logic Pro to unexpectedly start playback.
- The key commands "Play or Stop and Go to Last Locate Position" and "Stop or Play from Last Position" now work correctly when the Spacebar is assigned to "Preview."
- Importing a Key Command Set now copies the file to the KeyCommands folder.
- The key command "Set Locators by Marker and Enable Cycle" now works with multiple selected markers.
- The "Move selected regions to focused track" and "Copy selected regions to focused track" commands again work for Marquee selections.
- The "Set Locators by Regions/Events/Marquee and Enable Cycle" key command no longer sometimes incorrectly sets the cycle to the end of the project, and then extends the length of the project if applied again.
- The Catch Playhead command now works properly in the Audio File editor.
- The Toggle Track Solo key command again works when the selected track contains open Take folders.
- The Catch Playhead key command again works reliably when playback has stopped.
- The key command to toggle Flex for selected regions again works as expected.
- The key command to Show/Hide the Loop Browser now works reliably after a location for Untagged Loops has been set.
- There are now key commands "Store Track Header Configuration as User Default," "Apply Track Header Configuration User Default" and "Revert to Track Header Configuration Factory Default."
- It is again possible to assign the same key command, such as Spacebar, to either Play/Stop the project, or Preview in the windows that show audio files or loops.
- There are now key commands to add or remove selected channel strips to or from groups.
- Key commands now work when the Articulation Editor is open.
- Key Commands no longer switch back to the System language when a preset for another language has been set in a previous session.
- Loading a new patch that creates a Summing stack on an audio track with an open Take Folder no longer sometimes causes the track to disappear from view in the Tracks area when the Mixer is in Tracks view.
- Quick-swipe comping during playback no longer sometime interrupts playback of the Take folder.
- Quick Swipe comping during playback now disables Catch Playhead Position.
- Catch Playhead mode is now disabled while editing Takes during playback.
- Copying a Take region inside a Take Folder no longer resets the original region settings to defaults.
- Undoing a marquee edit on an active track alternative no longer sometimes scrambles regions on inactive track alternatives.
- Importing an audio file to a track alternative no longer unexpectedly renames the alternative to the file name.
- The Activate next/previous Track Alternative commands now roll over when reaching the end or beginning of the list if available alternatives.
- Voiceover now provides feedback when changing the Playhead position.
- VoiceOver no longer incorrectly reports that a cycle zone can’t be moved when it is in fact being moved.
- Interacting with notes in the Piano Roll with VoiceOver now sorts by position rather than pitch.
- When a new Software Instrument track is created, VoiceOver now reads the title of the Input slot popup menu after the Input heading, then the Output heading and popup title.
- VoiceOver can now navigate to different tracks that use the same channel strip.
- VoiceOver again works as expected to control the EQ.
- VoiceOver now correctly announces the position of the cycle area when it is moved.
- VoiceOver support in the File Tempo Editor is improved.
- VoiceOver can now be used to interact with buttons in the Track Header within Folder stacks.
- It is now possible to close the Configure Tracks pop-up window using VoiceOver.
- VoiceOver now announces transpose values in the Region inspector in semitones rather than percentages.
- Slurs inserted by key command are again positioned correctly.
- Inserting symbols into the Score now works when multiple projects are open.
- The Score again reliably displays the correct colors when coloring notes by pitch.
- Crescendo/decrescendo symbols now reliably display in the correct positions when switching the score from full score view to part display.
- Switching from the Smart Controls editor to the Main Window Score editor with Automation showing no longer causes the Staff to be hidden.
- Drum staves now reliably display correctly with looped regions.
- Brackets for connected staves now reliably display in linear Score view.
- It is again possible to insert the Arrow Up slur symbol in the Score.
- In the Drum.0 Clef style, the ":" repeat sign now displays at the correct position.
- Inserted chord symbols now reliably remain visible in cases where more than 8 chords have been inserted in the same bar.
- Region Gain is now applied properly to regions sent to Melodyne using ARA.
- Compressed audio formats now work with ARA in Logic Pro.
- Bouncing a file sent to Melodyne via ARA no longer breaks its connection with Melodyne.
- Muting regions sent to Melodyne using ARA no longer causes them to lose their ARA data if they are not first unmuted before first playback.
- When recording audio in Replace mode, the audio region is no longer cut short if there is also MIDI input during the recording, and the MIDI Replace mode is set to Region Punch.
- Punching in and out of record on an armed audio track with a MIDI track selected now creates a properly placed region with access to the pre-punch area of the recording.
- It is now possible to use the Pencil tool to draw region automation in the Tracks area at small horizontal zoom settings.
- Automation display no longer switches unexpectedly to Volume when the command "Create 2 Automation Points for Visible Parameter" is used with Autoselect Automation Parameter in Read Mode enabled.
- The Cycle Through Used Parameters command in the Piano Roll now only shows region-based automation parameters contained in the currently selected region.
- Dragged and copied automation now snaps as expected according to the current Snap setting inn the Main Window.
- It is now possible to create single 90° automation ramps by dragging one automation point over another.
- CC#7 messages automated for the Access Virus T1 plug-in now reliably can be set to any value from 0 to 127.
- Grouped tracks now reliably maintain their correct relative automation levels when automation is adjusted for one of them using the Track header trim control.
- The Automation menu again consistently shows all parameters for plug-ins that offer between 29-46 parameters.
- Dragging yellow Drummer loops into the Track area now creates a channel strip with the volume set to match the Preview volume setting in the Loop Browser.
- Dragging loops that do not contain a Genre or Instrument tag into the Loop Browser now trigger an alert indicating they should be added as Untagged Loops.
- When dragging a sample onto a Drum Machine Designer cell, it is no longer possible to accidentally drop the sample onto the background instead of a specific cell, causing an error.
- The visible area in the Piano Roll can now be scrolled with the mouse wheel or touch pad.
- Display of region-based automation on MIDI regions in the Tracks area now immediately updates when selecting events in the Event List.
- Objects pasted into the Environment no longer sometimes are placed farther to the right than expected.
- It is now only possible to disable link mode in the Piano Roll if there is at least one region selected.
- The view in the Piano Roll no longer unexpectedly jumps to the project start when scrolling after zooming in to a single note.
- Vector faders in the Environment again work properly.
- When multiple regions with different articulation sets are selected, it is no longer possible to inadvertently apply an articulation from a different region to a note.
- Articulation names for notes are now visible in MIDI editors.
- Pasted MIDI data is no longer unexpectedly offset in region where the left corner has been trimmed.
- Notes copied from the Piano Roll and then pasted to the Tracks area no longer cause the Playheads to move to the wrong position.
- The Articulation selector in the Step Editor Inspector now correctly lists the available articulations for the track.
- CC events recorded to a track with an Articulation set loaded no longer have an articulation ID unexpectedly attached.
- Data pasted from the Piano Roll to the Tracks area now is consistently placed at the correct position.
- The view in the Piano Roll now jumps correctly to the left edge of the cycle zone when playing in Cycle mode.
- Clicking on a marker no longer sometimes unexpectedly creates another short marker at the same position.
- Moving an Arrange Marker now correctly repositions all regions when there is a Groove Master track controlling a phase locked edit group.
- The first signature in the Signature track is now selected as expected when the track is opened with Cycle enabled.
- Logic Pro now reliably imports all audio tracks for Multicam clips in Final Cut Pro XML files.
- Multichannel audio files that do not contain surround sound layout information are now imported as multiple individual tracks.
- Articulation Sets assigned to tracks are now included when importing the tracks into a different project.
- Undo after importing audio tracks now also undoes the track naming performed upon import.
- Undo now works correctly after importing a track from a project into a Folder in another project.
- There is now an option to Keep Bus Number when importing tracks from another project.
- Polyphonic parts are again properly exported in Music XML files.
- Double-clicking in the Bounce In Place dialog no longer unexpectedly starts a bounce.
- The start time for bouncing an entire project is now set correctly when the project starts earlier than 1 1 1 1.
- Music XML files exported from Logic Pro now includes chord symbols.
- Bouncing a looped region in place now includes the loops as well as the original region.
- After using Control + Shift to add a fade to a region, it is again deselected as expected.
- Fade Outs are no longer sometimes dimmed on Flexed regions.
- Selecting a Summing Stack’s header now reliably selects all regions inside the Stack in cases where it contains Folder Stacks.
- The Smart Controls view no longer sometimes shows Smart Controls layout when the EQ tab is selected after changing from certain Alchemy patches to other patches.
- If the EQ tab is selected in the Smart Controls view, hiding and then showing Smart Controls again continues to show the EQ tab.
- Loading a new sound into a cell in Drum Machine Designer no longer disables the Reverb knob in Smart Controls.
Control Surfaces/MIDI Controllers
- The Learn button in the Controller Assignments window now properly displays its status when the window is in Easy view.
- It is again possible to clear Clip indicators on Mackie Control compatibles control surfaces by pressing CTRL + Name/Value on the device.
- Triggering a command from a control surface that is not available in the current view now triggers an explanation warning.
- It is again possible to assign controls for the Arpeggiator plug-in to controls on MIDI controllers and Control Surfaces.
- It is again possible to Learn a Controller Assignment without opening the Controller Assignment window by pressing Command and L and then sending signal from the desired control device.
- The channel strip signal level LEDs on Mackie Control MCU Pro control surfaces no longer remains illuminated when changing fader banks.
- The return time on control surface level meters is no longer unexpectedly slow.
- The scrub and shuttle wheel now work with Mackie HUI and Tascam US-2400 control surfaces.
- It is now possible to use a Control Surface to control plug-ins and sends on an Aux channel that is not assigned to a Track.
- Channels selected on an MCU compatible control surface after setting a channel to Write mode are no longer sometimes also unexpectedly set to Write mode.
- Controller assignments mapped to TouchOSC Bridge no longer lose the mapping if the TouchOSC port is temporarily not available.
- The Open Movie file browser again remembers the last location used to open a movie file.
- Undo now works after changing a track color.
- It is now possible to abort renaming a track by pressing Esc.
- There is now a key command to set the Marquee selection to the currently selected regions or events.
- The contextual menu to rename a track now works when a plug-in window has focus.
- Right- or Control- clicking the area below the last track in the track list now opens a contextual menu from which new tracks can be added.
- Built-in Key Command preset names in Logic Pro are now localized for all supported languages.
- New sample rates offered when changing audio hardware in Logic Pro preferences are now immediately available.
- Scroll bars in the Track list now immediately update when dragging objects from the Environment to the Track list to create new tracks.
- Pressing the down arrow now moves the cursor to the end of the text when editing a track name.
- Shift-double-clicking a region again selects all regions on the same track in cases where Automation is not being displayed, and the "Quick Swipe and Take Editing click zones" preference is enabled.
- It is again possible to create short crossfades with the Crossfade tool at low zoom settings.
- When adjusting multiple selected loops on different tracks, the lengths of all selected loops are again set correctly when dragging a loop other than the topmost in the selection.
- It is now easier to zoom precisely in on two regions on adjacent tracks
- It is again possible to use the Enter key to select a value from a popup menu.
- Logic Pro now provides better visual feedback when dragging regions into a folder.
- Content link mode now works reliably in a second open Main window.
- When the musical grid is not being displayed, dragging regions with Drag set to Shuffle R no longer sometimes causes the LCD to display the wrong time.
- The Insert Silence command now works reliably in ADAPT mode.
- Pressing the down arrow to move down a track immediately after recording no longer sometimes causes the view to jump down unexpectedly.
- A long click on the Count-in button now opens its drop-down menu.
- The options to set the length of the count-in can now be accessed directly from the Count-in button by right or long-clicking it.
- The Region Loop tool now reliably displays at the correct position.
- When Auto Set Locators is enabled, changing a selected region’s length again reliably sets the locators.
- The shaded area beneath an open Track Stack in the Tracks area now changes color immediately when the color of the Track Stack Aux is changed.
- Logic Pro no longer sometimes stops responding to incoming MIDI data after receiving large Sysex dumps.
- Changing patches no longer causes articulation buttons on the Touch Bar to stop responding.
- When a file is dragged and dropped onto the Smart Controls area, Logic Pro now simply rejects it, rather than showing an inaccurate warning dialog “"he patch is corrupted and cannot be opened."
- Performing Undo after copying a plug-in between two others in a channel strip no longer causes a remaining plug-in to unexpectedly bypass.
- Pressing Command-Period (.) now cancels Join per Tracks, as expected.
- Performing undo after selecting a patch now resets the track icon as expected.
- Capture as Recording no longer unexpectedly sets the region start at the left Autopunch locator position.
- Global edits applied to grouped tracks now affect hidden tracks that are part of the group, as expected.
- After recording MIDI over an existing region using the Merge recording option, the "Discard recording" key command no longer discards both the new recording and the original region.
- Logic Pro now reliably recognizes audio drivers with names longer than 32 characters.
- Fades are now reliably applied to all tracks in an editing group.
- Undoing the renaming of a Software Instrument track no longer sometimes causes the synth to switch to its default setting.
- The Slice at Transient Markers command now performs the slices at the edited positions of transients rather than their original positions.
- Shift-Option clicking inside a Marquee selection now sets the left edge of the selection to the click position.
- MIDI and IAC port names are again displayed without truncation.
- Timestamps in the Undo history now account for Daylight Savings Time.
- Choosing Assign Track Color from the contextual menu no longer deselects all but the currently focused track when the "Select Track on Region Selection" preference is enabled.
- The Musical Typing keyboard again shows played notes.
- The range of staff styles window no longer resets to C-2/C-2 when opening projects saved in Logic 7 or earlier.
- When Auto Set Locators is enabled, a manually resized cycle zone no longer unexpectedly resets to the range of the currently selected region when a region parameter is adjusted.
- Waveforms in the Audio Track Editor no longer disappear while the displayed region is being dragged in the Tracks area, or while click-holding it.
- Audio regions that are displaying region based automation now continue to display the waveform when the region is being moved or copied.
- Opening or closing the Region Inspector Float window no longer affected the display of the Region Inspector in the Inspector display area.
- The LCD now immediately displays the correct Time and Position when it is revealed after the playhead has moved.
- Command-Shift clicking to adjust Marquee selections again works as expected.
- Moving an audio region recorded from an external MIDI track no longer sometimes causes it to mute unexpectedly.
- Zoom to fit contents now reliably takes output tracks assigned to the Tracks area into account.
- It is now possible to immediately bounce a newly recorded MIDI region on a Software Instrument track without first having to deselect and then reselect it.
- Solo playing a region in the Audio Track editor now always plays the entire region, even if there is a Marquee selection in the Tracks area.
- After zooming with the zoom tool to an area where the selected track is not in view, performing further zoom operations no longer causes the view to unexpectedly jump to the selected track.
- Closing a newly created project before any changes have been made no longer triggers a Save dialog.
- Foot Control (MIDI CC#4) again works properly when using Roland V-Drums to trigger Drum Kit Designer.
- Right- or Control-clicking in the track header below the lowest track now opens a contextual menu.
- The focus ring that shows which area off the Main window has focus now remains visible after using a key command to hide and then reveal the Control Bar is used.
- Logic Pro now always prompts for a Save when closing a project that had been previously auto saved.
- The height of a track is now maintained after Flex is shown, the vertical zoom is increased and then Flex is hidden.
- Shift-dragging in the Tracks area again rubber band selects regions as expected.
Logic Pro X 10.4.1
- Logic Pro no longer sometimes quits unexpectedly when clicking on an automation point in a project that starts before bar one.
- Logic Pro no longer sometimes quits unexpectedly when switching Room Types in the ChromaVerb plug-in.
- Logic Pro no longer quits unexpectedly when Auto Punch recording in Keep Mode with no metronome.
- Logic Pro no longer rarely quits unexpectedly when loading Space Designer presets created in older versions of Logic Pro.
- Logic Pro no longer quits unexpectedly when pressing Command–Period (.) to stop and discard an in-progress audio recording.
- Logic Pro no longer quits unexpectedly when opening certain projects created in earlier versions.
- Logic Pro no longer quits unexpectedly when loading certain Alchemy presets that were originally created in Chameleon 5000
- Logic Pro no longer freezes when horizontally zooming while recording.
- Logic Pro no longer sometimes quits unexpectedly when creating a new project on a computer that is also running Parallels.
- Logic Pro no longer quits unexpectedly when a channel strip setting is loaded while the EXS editor is open with unsaved changes.
- Logic Pro no longer quits unexpectedly when performing Undo after packing a folder in the Tracks area.
- Logic Pro no longer quits unexpectedly when pressing Play after automation has been copied from one track to another.
- Enabling Auto Voice Split and setting Humanize to a high value in the Studio Instruments no longer sometimes causes notes to hang when Cycle Pre-Processing is enabled in the Preferences.
- Logic Pro no longer quits unexpectedly sometimes when changing presets in the Klopfgeist instrument plug-in.
- Logic Pro no longer quits unexpectedly sometimes when using a non-US keyboard to enter certain characters into the Scripter plug-in.
- Logic Pro no longer quits unexpectedly in certain rare cases when opening projects created in earlier versions.
- Undoing the creation of a Track Stack or deletion of an Aux in the Mixer no longer sometimes sets all channels to No Output and disables the Audio Engine.
- Logic Pro no longer sometimes becomes unresponsive after removing an instance of Space Designer from a project originally created in a previous version.
- ChromaVerb no longer sometimes causes unexpected spikes in CPU usage.
- There is no longer a delay when selecting a mixer fader in the Environment in large projects.
- The File Tempo Editor now displays as expected when double-clicking on very long regions.
- Moving a Downbeat Marker to the left in the File Tempo Editor no longer causes an unexpected Beat Marker and Downbeat Marker to be added to the right, throwing off the positions of other markers to the right of the edit.
- The Split Regions command now splits selected regions at the correct position in cases where the audio files contain tempo information.
- The "Adapt Region Tempo to Project Tempo and Align Downbeat" command now works as expected when "Flex & Follow" is not enabled.
- Tempo analysis is now performed on multiple selected audio files.
- The playhead in the File Tempo Editor no longer jumps to the start of the region if the region is clicked again in the Tracks area.
- Ctrl–Option to zoom now works in the File Tempo editor.
- The Smart Tempo mode "On + Align Bars" now accounts properly for time signature changes.
- Zooming in the File Tempo Editor now focused around the playhead, as in other editors.
- The focus no longer unexpectedly jumps to the beginning of the first region on the first track of a group when moving a Beat Marker in another region from the group in the File Tempo Editor.
- Adapt Project Tempo and All Regions maintains proper sync between regions in cases where regions are placed before 1 1 1 1 in the project.
- Adapt Project Tempo and All Regions to Region Tempo and Downbeat now works as expected in KEEP mode when it is chosen from the Action menu in the File Tempo Editor.
- Acid loops are no longer labeled as Apple loops in the File Tempo editor.
- The horizontal zoom slider in the File Tempo Editor now allows all possible zoom sizes.
- The command "Adapt Project Tempo and All Regions to Region Tempo and Downbeat" now reliably moves regions to the downbeat as expected.
- Regions created by punching in without the Metronome, and with Allow Quick Punch-In disabled no longer unexpectedly flex to the project tempo when Flex is enabled.
- The accuracy of tempo information in bounced audio files is improved.
- The Playhead now reliably remains visible when playback is stopped in the File Tempo Editor with Catch Playhead Position enabled.
- Timing of Metronome in the File Tempo Editor is now consistent when starting playback at different points within the selected region.
- File tempo analysis is improved with regions that have been trimmed.
- Selecting and moving all regions while in Adapt mode no longer unexpectedly deletes tempo events.
- Logic Pro now performs tempo analysis in ADAPT mode when recording multiple audio tracks.
- Scrolling the view in the File Tempo editor to the left or right no longer causes the waveform viewer to zoom vertically.
- Clicking on the Channel menu in an Instrument’s inspector in the Environment no longer causes the instrument channel number to decrease by one.
- The EXP and LIN decay controls are no longer reversed in Space Designer.
- Increasing the Size value on reversed reverbs now works as expected in Space Designer.
- There is no longer sometimes a sudden spike in level when the ES1 LFO Amp parameter is selected.
- The Damping Curve in ChromaVerb now immediately updates when switching Room Types.
- Tracks that output to a bus that includes an instance of Space Designer in projects created in earlier versions of Logic Pro now properly play back in sync.
- Opening the EXS editor in projects at sample rates higher than 44.1 kHz no longer causes an unexpected dialog asking whether the project sample rate should be changed.
- Settings in the Pitch Shifter plug-in no longer revert to their defaults when a saved project is re-opened.
- Space Designer again compensates for latency between the wet and dry signal.
- The Score editor no longer flickers when reaching the end of a cycle zone when recording in linear view mode.
- The disableAutomation: true parameter attribute for Scripter plug-ins again hides the parameter from view in Smart Controls as expected.
- The ChromaVerb Wet/Dry mix control now behaves as expected in Dual Mono mode.
- Plug-in windows no longer sometimes unexpectedly reduce in size when working in Controls view.
- The Smart Controls window for Alchemy again includes the Controls tab on systems running in Japanese.
- Modulation now responds immediately to mod wheel input or automation in cases where the knob chosen to be modulated is not assigned to a performance control.
- The Hide/Show Automation button in the Piano Roll no longer sometimes unexpectedly activates after automation was previously hidden, causing automation key commands to stop functioning.
- Option-rubberband to limit selection of automation points to the horizontal direction now works with Region-based automation.
- Editors displaying automation no longer show an automation type that does not exist in the new track when switching from one track to another.
- Alchemy automation in projects created in Logic Pro X 10.1.x and Logic Pro X 10.2.x now plays back correctly.
- It is now possible to map any CC message type to control Dynamics of Modulation in the Studio Instruments.
- Region-Based automation in the Score is no longer unexpectedly offset in projects that start earlier than 1 1 1 1.
- Automation displayed in an editor no longer sometimes unexpectedly switches to a different parameter when selecting a different track and then back again.
- In certain rare cases, transient markers in audio files no longer unexpectedly convert to Flex markers after Undo and then Redo are performed after deleting a region.
- Regions that have been recorded by punching in, or by starting recording after playback now maintain their proper positions when Flex is enabled.
- Swing quantize again works with audio regions.
- Enabling Flex no longer sometimes causes Take regions that have been moved to unexpectedly shift position.
- Manually punched-in regions are no longer sometimes tempo flexed when Flex is enabled on the track.
- Certain key command assignments are no longer forgotten when Logic Pro is quit and then relaunched.
- All Zoom key commands now work as expected in the Audio File Editor.
- The Key command "Cycle Through Used Parameters" no longer gets stuck when reaching Main: Volume if "Project Settings > MIDI > Control Change 7/10 controls Volume/Pan of channel strips" setting is enabled.
- The Key Command to open the plug-in assigned to the current slot now works correctly with MIDI plug-ins.
- Key Commands affecting Region Automation now correctly take the current region selection into account instead go the Track selection.
- The Catch Playhead key command again enables the function in the currently focused window rather than always enabling it in the Main window.
- Shift-selecting Marker, Tempo, or Signature events in their respective List editors now shows the selection in the Global Tracks.
- Beat mapping with the "Beats from Region" option with a 1/4 note value and "Tolerate missing or additional events" selected no longer sometimes unexpectedly removes Tempo Events from the Tempo track.
- Clicking a tempo point in the Tempo track no longer sometimes causes the following point to be selected instead.
- The Audio File Editor now displays as expected after recording an audio track in a project in which the first track created is a Drummer track.
- In the Audio File Editor, zooming in to the maximum horizontal size no longer causes the view to unexpectedly jump to the beginning of the file.
- It is no longer necessary for all regions to have the same end location to add them to a Phase Locked editing group.
- Changing the position of a MIDI note that falls within the last quarter note of a region no longer causes it to jump to the last quarter note on the grid.
- Control– or right-clicking on a note in the Piano Roll no longer causes other selected notes to deselect.
- Clicking in the Marquee Ruler in the Audio Track editor no longer causes the selected region to disappear from view in the editor.
- Sysex data displayed in the Event List no longer is shown in one row after rearranging the order of columns in the editor.
- Toggling Automation view in the Piano Roll no longer causes items in the Inspector to get progressively smaller.
- Changes made to Sysex data in the Event List are now retained as expected when clicking outside the text field.
- Click-dragging to edit a single Sysex byte in the Event List no longer causes the list to unexpectedly jump upward.
- Sysex data bytes can again be edited by clicking and dragging them in the Event List.
- The Pencil tool in the Audio File Editor again works at high zoom levels.
- Double-clicking the peak level display of a volume fader in the Mixer no longer unexpectedly raises its value by .1 dB
- The size of the Mixer window no longer becomes unadjustable in certain rare cases.
- Search now works correctly with long text strings in the Apple Loop Browser.
- The Playhead on the waveform view in the Apple Loop Browser now plays at the correct speed when the project is set to 96 kHz.
Control Surfaces/MIDI Controllers
- Plug-in categories now display correctly on EuCon control surfaces
- Logic Pro now consistently picks up the proper positions of faders on the Nectar P1 control surface
- The Kick/Snare variations in the editor for the Brush Drummers now have labels for the additional 1/2x and 2x variations.
- Bouncing ReWire channels above 1 and 2 again works as expected.
- Audio files exported from Logic Pro again sync properly in the MainStage Playback plug-in.
- It is now possible to import audio files that were created using ‘bounce in place’ from Logic Pro X 10.4.
- Logic Pro now reliably installs plug-in presets for Step FX, Phat FX, ChromaVerb and the Vintage EQ collection when installing the Essential Content.
- Moving the first region in a project while in ADAPT mode no longer changes the project SMPTE offset time.
- Marquee selecting a portion of a Drummer region no longer causes unexpected artifacts in the Track Editor display.
- While downloading content, leaving a project open while creating a new project now shows the Track creation dialog as expected.
- Collapsing the Groups inspector no longer causes the list of existing groups to disappear when the inspector is revealed again.
- Moving the cursor quickly while dragging with Shift pressed no longer sometimes moves the Playhead unexpectedly.
- It is again possible to reveal the Control Bar by dragging it down after it has been shown and then hidden.
- Using Option–Plus sign (+) drag to copy a set or regions created by using the Strip Silence command no longer causes the original regions to unexpectedly shift position.
- Performing Undo after recording into a take folder no longer sometimes brings up an unexpected "Invisible recording Track" dialog.
- The cursor now updates as expected when hovering over the edge of a region while recording.
- It is again possible to change the MIDI channel in the Inspector of an External MIDI track.
- Shift-clicking the Tracks area to move the Playhead now works reliably.
- Show All Regions now works properly in the Project Audio Browser with projects that contain more than 850 regions.
- Enabling Catch in the Tracks area no longer stops playback in the File Tempo Editor.
- The Playhead now reliably shows the correct position in the Signature List.
- The names of a MIDI region in the Tracks area is again displayed as expected when the left edge of the region is not in the current view.
- Clicking on the Channel menu in an Instrument’s inspector in the Environment no longer causes the instrument channel number to decrease by one.
Logic Pro X 10.4
New Features and Enhancements
- Advanced tempo detection lets you automatically combine content together, regardless of their original tempo.
- Record audio without using a click or drag in an audio file and have the performance define your project tempo.
- Add any audio file and have it automatically conform to the project tempo.
- ChromaVerb is a sophisticated new algorithmic reverb with a colorful, interactive interface for creating rich acoustic spaces.
- Space Designer has a new design and a scalable, Retina interface.
- Step FX adds rhythmic multi-effect processing using 3 powerful step sequencers and an X/Y pad.
- Phat FX makes your tracks bigger and bolder using 9 effects that add warmth and punch to your sounds.
- The Vintage EQ Collection provides 3 accurate models of vintage analog EQs from the 1950s to the 1970s.
- Studio Strings and Studio Horns are deeply sampled, realistic ensemble instruments with custom articulation controls.
- Mellotron is now available as a standalone instrument plug-in.
- Retro Synth now offers 18 different filter models.
- 2 new Drummers play roots and jazz-influenced brush styles.
- 2 vintage brush kits for Drum Kit Designer .
- More than 800 new loops in a variety of instruments and genres.
- New Visions library for Alchemy adds 150 cinematic presets.
- You can now undo mixer and plug-in actions.
- The Files Browser now allows you to bookmark locations for your favorite folders containing samples or projects.
- In addition to Apple Loops, the Loop Browser now supports looping audio file and can preview them in sync with project tempo.
- A new universal design for controlling articulations provides a consistent interface for Logic and third-party instruments.
- Plug-ins: The Direction Mixer plug-in has an updated interface, and offers new functionality.
- The Audio Track Editor can now be opened as a stand-alone window.
- Logic now supports the Audio Random Access (ARA) standard.
- Plug-ins: The Category and Manufacturer sections at the left side of the Plug-in Manager window now scroll independently of one another.
- Region quantization can now be set from a submenu in the contextual menu opened by right-clicking on a region.
- There is now a preference to toggle user interface animations on or off.
- There four new options for the behavior of Replace mode when recording MIDI: Region Erase, Region Punch, Content Erase, Content Punch.
- Smart Controls and Instrument plug-ins now offer a key switch view for Articulation IDs.
- Transformer, Transform Window, Environment Faders and Step Editor can now edit MIDI fader events.
- Logic now supports bouncing files as 32-bit float.
- Click-holding the Replace button in the Control Bar now brings up new options to set the behavior of replace - Content Erase, Content Punch, Region Erase and Region Punch.
- There is now an option to have Logic automatically set a new color for each newly created audio, software instrument, or external MIDI track.
- There is now an option to switch the first automation lane in a track to show the last clicked control.
- There are now Key Commands for Undo and Redo in plug-in windows.
- The File Browser and Loop Browser now show a waveform overview and playhead when previewing files and loops.
- Plug-ins: Plug-in windows offer a new Multilink mode that updates open plug-in windows per insert slot as channel strips are selected.
- Articulation symbols automatically added to the score based on their note articulation setting are colored blue in the Score.
Stability and Reliability
Logic no longer quits unexpectedly:
- When enabling Transient editing on audio files in the Audio File Editor while playing back.
- Sometimes when computing time alignment during sample analysis in Alchemy.
- When shift-clicking regions in the Tracks area while the Score window has focus.
- If a connected USB MIDI controller is disconnected or powered off while the Control Surface Setup window is open.
- When the Tab key is pressed after deleting a value in the Destination field of the Copy MIDI Events dialog.
- Zooming with the Magic Mouse or Trackpad in the Audio File Editor is now smoother.
- Playback sound quality of Apple Loops is improved.
- There is no longer a large delay and spinning wait cursor when moving a large selection of short regions in a project.
- Editing within a large Logic session no longer sometimes becomes sluggish.
- Logic’s performance is improved when working with projects that contain long movie files.
- Alchemy now offers new options in the Loop Mode menu to modulate the start/end point and length of loops.
- Alchemy LFO Rate sync button now also enables clock sync for LFO Delay and Attack settings.
- Alchemy now offers 4 additional MIDI sources that can be assigned to modulation destinations.
- Alchemy now offers a side chain input that can be used as a source for envelope followers.
- Alchemy now has a dedicated Envelope Follower tab in the modulation section which offers control of the attack and release of the envelope follower, as well as the option to apply the envelope follower to modulator outputs as well as to audio signals, together with the option to scale up the depth of the effect for more drastic effects on quieter signals.
- Alchemy now offers a back button to navigate back to a previous Mod Target.
- Alchemy’s transient selection in Spectral Analysis mode is improved, resulting in better sound quality when syncing loops to tempo.
- The modulation Smooth control now has increased range.
- Alchemy now offers a "Swap with Source" option in the Source menu for experimenting with imported samples on different Sources.
- Option-clicking on a source in Alchemy’s global area now solos the clicked source.
- The mapping of Alchemy controls to supported MIDI hardware controllers has been improved.
- Option-clicking controls in Alchemy now sets each to a sensible default setting rather than setting each one to 50% by default.
- When importing multiple EXS files which contain multiple groups which are the same except for different velocity or key ranges, these groups are merged into a single group to facilitate easier editing in Alchemy.
- The Snap menu for Arp Tune in Alchemy now offers increased resolution.
- Alchemy’s Speed control readout now displays 2 decimal places for values below 10%.
- Sub-menus in Alchemy’s Sound Library again list items in alphabetical order.
- It is no longer necessary to press Enter when entering text to start a search in Alchemy’s presets.
- Newly initialized sounds in Alchemy now have an initial modulation depth of 0%
- The attack of notes played legato style in Retrigger mode in Alchemy no longer sometimes sounds distorted.
- There is no longer a slight delay in responsiveness when switching Alchemy’s Analysis Mode while loading large samples.
- Alchemy LFO Rate sync button now also enables clock sync for LFO Delay and Attack settings.
- The initial transient of a loop in Alchemy is now properly triggered when the loop is sustained for more than one iteration.
- Auto-assigning a performance control to a Transform Pad Snapshot no longer unexpectedly renames Snapshot 1.
- The Framing Box no longer sometimes jumps unexpectedly when clicking transform pad snapshots.
- The Copy Modulation command no longer sometimes fails to copy the modulation source when pasted to another location.
- Stored Alchemy Snapshots no longer sound different when copied and pasted to other snapshot locations.
- Adjusting the Smooth control for a modulator from a value of 0 no longer causes occasional clicks in Alchemy’s output.
- When the last step in Alchemy’s arpeggiator is tied, there is no longer an unexpected extra note at the end of each set of steps.
- Pitch Bend now works as expected with the Alchemy Air Strings preset.
- MIDI CC messages sent to Alchemy from an external controller now work when the controller is transmitting on a different MIDI channel than the notes already recorded in the region.
- Alchemy’s Waveshaper Pre and Post gain labels now display accurate values.
- Alchemy's filter types have been renamed to more clearly indicate how they sound.
- Alchemy now automatically switches to the Advanced view after an Initialize Preset command is used.
- If an Envelope Follower preset is loaded that refers to a Source that is not present in the current Alchemy instance, it now is set to another Source of the same type.
- The MIDI Modulator plug-in now offers tempo synced timing for the envelope at user definable note values.
- Side chain detection on Software Instruments tracks in live mode is no longer delayed .
- Side chain signals routed to the Compressor plug-in are no longer summed unexpectedly to mono.
- Logic now supports the Audio Unit ShortName API, improving the display of Audio Unit names on insert slots for plug-ins that include a short name.
- Mono-legato mode in EXS24 now works reliably when streaming samples from disk is enabled.
- Automatic delay compensation now works correctly with bypassed dual mono audio plug-ins and multi mono Software Instrument plug-ins.
- Retrosynth includes four new filter models
- The Compressor plug-in now maintains the Graph display when the plug-in is closed and then re-opened.
- Playing the same MIDI note on two channels for the same multi-channel instrument no longer sometimes leads to hung notes if the MIDI Modifier plug-in is inserted.
- The Dry/Wet control on the I/O plug-in can now be automated.
- It is now possible to immediately type in new values for controls in the Modulator plug-in after opening the plug-in window.
- Channel EQ offers a new Proportional-Q mode.
- The Top Level category in the Plug-in Manager can now be added to a group of multiple selected categories.
- The MIDI Modifier plug-in now properly handles Release Velocity as its Input source.
- The MIDI Modulator plug-in now shows the correct waveform when the Factory Default setting is recalled.
- The Drum Machine Designer plug-in window no longer appears to disappear when Logic is switched to full screen.
- The Tremolo Speed control on the Pipa instrument now responds as expected.
- Canceling the alert when changing Drummers no longer leaves the new Drummer character highlighted but not active.
- The "Trim Region End to next Region" key command now works for Drummer regions.
- With two instances of Drum Machine Designer open, switching from the Kit Piece display to the Main display in one instance no longer causes the second instance to also change from the Kit Piece display to the Main display.
- Drummer tracks no longer sometimes unexpectedly stop outputting audio after recording an audio track when the preference for Overlapping Recordings for MIDI with Cycle Off is set to Create Take Folder.
- Right-clicking to switch the visible automation parameter in a track again works as expected.
- Region automation now works correctly when there is a muted a region on another track using the same channel strip.
- Pitch bend and Note velocity now work when switching to them from a Smart Control parameter in the MIDI Draw view.
- Automation can now be edited directly in the Piano Roll and Audio Track editor.
- Stepped automation values can now be directly written into Automation Lanes.
- Region Based Automation now accurately shows the mute status of all MIDI notes.
- User created Green Apple Loops now transpose to the song key as expected.
- Loops no longer sometimes appear to missing in the Loop Browser after updating to macOS 10.13 High Sierra.
- Apple Loops in the Tracks area now show a glyph to indicate when they are playing at ½, 2x or 4x speed.
- The Loop Browser now offers a new view for Untagged Loops.
- Double-clicking a Flex Pitch event now sets the note to perfect pitch.
- When transposing Flex-pitched notes in multiple selected regions, all notes now reliably transpose to the correct pitch.
- "Reset all" in Flex Pitch now works correctly after "Set all to Perfect Pitch" has been applied.
- The display of flex pitched notes in the Audio Track Editor now reflects the region transpose setting.
- Dragging an audio region with Flex is turned off onto a different track with Flex mode enabled no longer activates Flex for the region.
- Flex Pitched notes now display at their correct pitches at high zoom levels in the Tracks area.
- Inactive flex markers are no longer deleted when trimming a region in a track where Flex is currently disabled.
Takes and Comping
- Using record toggle to stop a recording within a Take folder with a comp currently active, the last recording is reliably added to the comp in cases cycle is active where recording is stopped before the end of the Take folder.
- Right-clicking on a closed Take Folder now displays a list of all Takes it contains.
- Dragging a Take folder in a track folder no longer causes the Take folder to shift forward in position.
- Comping a Take folder in a group of flexed tracks no longer sometimes causes some comp segmented to be shortened unexpectedly.
- When Count-in is enabled, recording over an existing region that is less than 1 bar long now reliably creates a Take Folder.
- When Overlapping Recording for MIDI is set to create Take folders, notes from previous takes no longer sometimes play while recording in cycle mode.
- The order of Take regions within a Take Folder can now be changed.
- Marquee edits on Take regions now are applied to all tracks in an edit Group.
- Switching Takes now works for both audio and MIDI tracks that are members of the same Group.
- Marquee selection now works as expected when applied to grouped tracks that are using different Track Alternatives.
- Selection now works properly on grouped tracks with different active Track Alternatives when the inactive Alternatives are visible.
- Holding the disclosure triangle on a Track Stack no longer causes it to cycle quickly between open and closed.
- Option-clicking the disclosure triangle on a Track Stack to toggle all stacks now affects nested stacks as expected.
- Applying a surround patch to a track within a Summing Track Stack no longer causes all the regions in the Summing Track Stack to be collapsed to a single track.
- The correct Smart Controls are now reliably mapped to each track in layered patches in saved projects when they are reloaded.
- Adding a new mapping to a Smart Control mapping set no longer unexpectedly removes automation written from an existing mapping.
- The Smart Controls area no longer sometimes becomes vertically stretched after being resized.
- User assigned Smart Controls no longer sometimes disappear when a second project containing the same Smart Controls is opened, or when importing only regions and automation from a different project.
- It is now possible to delete Groups.
- Option-clicking the Group slot on a mixer channel now adds all currently selected channels to the last selected Group.
- Command-clicking the Solo button on a track to activate Solo for all tracks no longer also solos hidden tracks.
- When the Mixer is set to a small size, scrolling it now reliably shows all channel strips.
- On multiple display setups, new plug-in windows now open on the display containing the clicked insert.
- Pasting "Sends Only" or "Plug-ins Only" to a channel strip no longer also pastes the icon from the copied channel strip.
- VoiceOver no longer emits continuous beeps when a Take Folder is open.
- Logic no longer hangs when using VoiceOver plus the Shift key to precisely position the Playhead.
- It is now possible to switch from the integrated Piano Roll editor to the Score using VoiceOver.
- The Add Drummer region button in the Tracks Area is now accessible with VoiceOver.
- It is now immediately possible to interact with a newly created Drummer region using VoiceOver.
- Drummer characters can now be selected using VoiceOver.
- Quick Help overlays no longer cause VoiceOver to toggle on and off quickly.
- The button to download sounds in the Patch Library is now accessible with VoiceOver.
- It is now possible to make fine adjustments of values in the LCD using VoiceOver.
- VoiceOver now works in the Configure Track Header, Customize Control Bar and Display, and Configure Channel Strip windows.
- Voiceover now announces the status of Solo and Mute when the key commands to toggle them are pressed.
- VoiceOver now allows recorded takes to be selected as expected in audio Take Folders.
- Logic no longer sometimes sets the path for a bounce from a project that was created as a package to the location of the previous project, when that project was created as a folder.
- Tracks that use Hermode Tuning now bounce correctly.
- MIDI files exported from Logic no longer contain incorrect extra Time Signature and Tempo metadata.
- The Export > Add to Loop Library command no longer unexpectedly renders the channel strip volume setting into the created Apple Loop.
- There is now an option to export all MIDI tracks as a MIDI file.
- The state of the track On/Off button is now maintained when importing individual tracks into a project.
- Aux channel strips are no longer imported as Instruments when importing from the Environment window.
- Logic now properly calculates the start time for trimmed clips when importing Final Cut XML 1.6 files.
- The key command to create a new time signature now opens the time signature pop-up window with the numerator selected.
- When the Tempo Track is selected, and there is only one Tempo event, pressing the delete key no longer unexpectedly deletes the last selected track.
- Interpolated tempo curves are now maintained when pasted to a new position using the "Insert Section at Playhead" command.
- "Discard recording and go to last play position" now discards the most recent recording from all record enabled tracks.
- There are now Key Commands to create Flex Markers at the playhead position, previous transient position and next transient position.
- It is now possible to close all open groups in the Key Commands window by Option-clicking a disclosure triangle.
- There is now a Key Command to collapse all open Inspector tiles.
- The number of Groups that can be toggled by Key Command has been doubled to 18.
- There is now a Key Command to create a new group from the currently selected tracks in the Mixer or Track List.
- There is now a key command to close all open plug-in windows.
- The “Initialize All Key Commands” command now takes the current keyboard layout into account.
- The Key Commands window now allows multiple selection of items.
- It is now possible to selectively import only certain key commands.
- The Key Commands window has been redesigned and simplified.
- There is now a key command to open the Instrument plug-in for the currently focused track.
- There are now dedicated key commands to move the Playhead forward and backward by 1/8 and 1/16 note.
- There are now key commands to open Audio and MIDI plug-ins from specific insert slots on the currently focused track.
- All key commands again work reliably on various non-US keyboard layouts.
- There are now up to 30 Key Commands available to directly apply user created Transform operations to selected MIDI events.
- There are now key commands to select all of each specific type of track in a project.
- There are now Key Commands for the “Fix Note Positions” and “Fix Note Positions and Durations” commands in the Score.
- There is now a key command to toggle the automation view of the selected track or editor between Track and Region automation.
- The Key Commands to toggle Channel Strip Solo, Channel Strip Mute, Record Enable and Track On/Off now work on multiple selected tracks.
- There is now a key command to toggle Collapse Mode in the Piano Roll.
- The Movie thumbnail in the Inspector now displays at the correct size after a Save As or Consolidate Project operation
- There is now an option in the Transformer window to constrain transpositions of notes within a specific key.
- Sending data to a Roland U110 from a Sysex fader in the Environment no longer results in a Checksum error on the synthesizer.
- The Piano Roll contextual menu and Score Event Inspector now shows available articulation IDs.
- Articulations are now listed by name in the Event List editor.
- The Environment now auto scrolls when dragging objects.
- When snap to grid is set to off, notes inserted to the Piano Roll with the Pencil no longer snap to the nearest division value.
- The Fader Style dropdown in the Environment Inspector now lists the fader styles in the same order as they appear in the New > Fader menu.
- Using Shift to temporarily limit dragging in one direction in the Piano Roll again works as expected.
- Repeated double-clicks on Touch Track or Mapped Instrument objects in the Environment now toggle their editors rather than opening multiple copies of the same editor.
- The display of fades in the Track Editor now immediately update when the fade setting is adjusted in the Inspector.
- Fader MIDI events can now be created from the Event Type pop-up menu in the Event List and Sysex Fader Editor.
- Notes inserted into the Piano Roll now reliably are placed in the correct region when regions on multiple tracks are selected.
- Option-clicking a Filter button in the Event List Editor now disables all other Filter buttons.
- The display of notes in the Step Editor now reliably updates after moving a note with the Finger tool.
- When the Edit button in the Main window is clicked, the correct editor for the currently selected region opens, regardless of the current track selection.
- The Note Length display in the Event List no longer shows “??” When the Clock Format is set to 1.1.1 and the Division display is set to 1/64.
- It is again possible to scrub values in the Transform window by click-dragging on values.
- Using Shift to limit dragging in one direction while Option-dragging multiple selected notes in the Piano Roll now works as expected.
- Environment objects no longer sometimes seem to vanish when the selection is changed.
- Undo now works after unpacking a Macro in the Environment.
- The Transform window and Transformer in the Environment can now convert MIDI data to Fader events for Smart Controls.
- Using Option rubberband to zoom in to a specific area in the Piano Roll no longer sometimes scrolls the view to selected notes instead.
- Note colors in the Piano Roll can now be set by Articulation.
- Its again possible to use the “+” and “-“ keys in front of typed in numbers to increment/decrement existing values by the specified amount in the Event List editor.
- The inspector for newly created objects in the Environment now displays correctly.
- Fingering markings are now properly centered in relations notes in TAB style scores.
- In the TAB score styles, ornaments and notepads now display reliably when the region is selected in linear view.
- Guide accidentals again have brackets.
- Separate Part box windows are now saved in Screensets.
- The Note Beaming parameter is again available in the Note Attributes contextual menu.
- It is again possible to set the High Note Range in a Staff Style to a note lower than C3.
- There is now a key command to directly open the Text Styles window in the Score.
- The Paste Replace command is now available in the Score editor.
- The Paste Multiple command again works in the Score.
- In certain rare cases, the last few measures of a score no longer are placed outside the page borders.
- Paste Multiple again works properly in the Score.
- The Flats to Sharps / Sharps to Flats command again works on all selected notes.
- The Score window no longer unexpectedly changes position when the Functions menu is accessed.
- When a Score Set or Staff Style window is in focus, pressing delete no longer can lead to deletion of regions in the Tracks area.
- The Score no longer sometimes clips some pages in Page View when the paper size is set to US Letter.
Control Surfaces/MIDI Controllers
- Logic Remote now displays sub-menus for all plug-ins.
- Logic no longer displays an “Incompatible EuCon version” error at launch when a EuCon control surface running EuCon software version 3.7 is connected.
- Using the Glue tool on a Marquee selection now adds any needed silence at the beginning and end of the created region so that the borders correspond to the marquee selection.
- Grouped audio regions that have different start positions now reliably remain in sync when quantized.
- Dividing a marquee selection of regions on grouped tracks now works reliably.
- Projects saved to iCloud Drive now load reliably.
- Performing Undo and then Redo after swapping an inserted Software Instrument for another no longer causes the original instrument to revert to its default setting.
- The Playhead now reliably displays at the correct position within a Cycle area at all zoom levels and cycle lengths.
- The Close Project Key Command now works when the only open window is a floating window.
- Regions with names that contain Emoji characters can now be moved, edited and deleted as expected.
- The Recording preferences for Replace mode have been moved from the Cycle Recording settings to the Replace submenu.
- Using the up/down cursors to select tracks while the Piano Roll or Audio Track Editor have focus no longer can unexpectedly select hidden tracks.
- Changing to a screen set with the focus on the Loop Library no longer switches the library to search mode.
- The Link key command now works reliably in all windows that support Link.
- The Loop Library now maintains its focus and search filter settings after new loop content is downloaded.
- The Ruler shortcut menu now includes “Copy section Between Locators”.
- Capture Take as Recording now accurately captures the previously played MIDI performance when CC#11 events are played as part of the captured performance.
- If a Key Command set has been altered and a new set is chosen or imported, gives the option to save the current edited key command set.
- The metronome no longer continues to sound if it is turned off during the count-in to a recording.
- If “Auto Set Locators by Regions” is enabled, marquee selecting and deleting a portion of the selected region no longer causes the locators to set to the boundaries of the marquee selection.
- When interacting with the Timeline view on Logic Remote, Logic no longer flashes the computer screen if the Library has focus and a plug-in window is open.
- The File > Import > Audio File command now creates an Undo Step as expected.
- Redo now works reliably after deleting Drummer tracks.
- Creating a new track now deselects selected regions on other tracks.
- Right-clicking on a Marquee selection now brings top a contextual menu with options to edit and adjust the selection.
- Undoing the creation of a Track Stack no longer leaves a “No Output” track selected in the Inspector.
- If “Select Tracks on Region Selection” and “Automation Group Select” are both active, clicking a track no longer unexpectedly selects all tracks.
- Text pasted from Mail into the Notes field no longer sometimes changes color after clicking into another window.
- A short click on the background of the Tracks area while pressing Shift now moves the Playhead to the clicked position.
- The Catch Playhead Position key command now works whether the Main window has focus or not.
- When the Piano Roll has focus, the Play from Selection command again plays starting from the first selected region.
- The Add Drummer Region button now only appears on a region when the Arrow tool is active, preventing accidental creation of Drummer regions when secondary tools are used.
- Muted notes are no longer displayed on the Region overview in the Tracks area.
- Undoing a “Paste Selection at Playhead” operation no longer creates a new tempo event.
- The Project Audio window now displays bounced files added to the project in the window’s selected sort order when the bounce is performed with the window closed.
- After renaming a project, the bounce dialog no longer defaults to using the original project name until the project has been closed and then re-opened.
- Deleting multiple selected tracks no longer deletes hidden tracks between them.
- Undo of Patch changes now works reliably.
- When recording MIDI in cycle mode with Replace set to Content Erase, Replace continues to work as expected after the first cycle.
- The waveform display now zooms vertically as expected when adjusting the size of the Audio Track Editor .
- The Musical Typing Keyboard again is dimmed when an audio track is selected,
- Logic no longer sometimes assigns an audio file the same name as an existing audio file from a different folder on the hard drive with a similar name.
- Aliases of MIDI regions no longer play notes that occur up to 1 bar before the start of the original region.
- The Delete and Move command no longer triggers an unnecessary dialog asking whether automation should be deleted and moved if there is no automation on the track.
- Region contextual menus now include a sub-menu for Sample Based Processing commands.
- It is now possible to selectively reset warnings in the Notifications panel of the Logic Preferences.
- Vertical zoom in the Audio File editor now offers finer resolution.
- When the Overlapping Recordings preference for MIDI is set to Create Track Alternative, undoing an overlapping recording now undoes the creation of the Track Alternative as well as the MIDI recording.
- The Main window Mixer can now be reliably dragged to full height.
- Automation points and velocity handles now display at full resolution on Retina and other high density displays.
- MIDI Reset now works reliably on tracks where “No Reset” is off in newly created projects.
- There is now an option “Restore Defaults” in the LCD dropdown menu.
- Entering negative numbers in the Go To Position dialog now takes the playhead to the position entered.
- The New Track dialog now shows the correct audio I/O options when temporarily using built-in audio when the selected audio device is not connected.
- Templates saved with a new sample rate now reliably retain the sample rate.
- The Region Gain dialog now allows normalization to –23 LUFS.
- The Template picker again sorts templates in the correct order.
- The Track Header Automation button now shows a short name for the current parameter if the Track header is too narrow to show the full name.
- The command “Play from selection” now also takes selected markers into account.
- Recording audio with Cycle on no longer results in empty audio tracks in cases where The preference for Overlapping Audio Recordings is set to “Create Tracks” and the preference “Select Tracks on Region Selection” is enabled.
- Undoing changes to the Tempo list no longer causes MIDI and Drummer regions to sometimes play back erratically.
- It is now possible to open the Help by pressing Command and “/“ while accessing items in the Tool menu.
- Logic no longer shows an alert when a frozen track is duplicated.
- Changing the width of the Library no longer causes a visible Smart Controls display to jitter.
- A rare situation where an Audio Driver can’t be set no longer occurs.
- For previous Logic Pro X release notes, see the following:
- Visit the Logic Pro X page to learn more about Logic Pro X.
- Refer to Logic Pro X Help for further information on settings or installation.
- Visit the Logic Pro X support page for more articles and support resources for Logic Pro.