Before you begin
- If you have an Apple Watch and you got a new iPhone, unpair your Apple Watch from your previous iPhone before you set up your new device. Unpairing automatically backs up your Apple Watch so you can restore it after you pair with a new iPhone.
- Make sure that you have a backup of your device.
- Have your Apple ID and password ready.
- Transfer your SIM card from your iPhone, iPad, or eSIM. If your new device needs a different SIM card than what you have, contact your carrier.
- Make sure that you have a backup of your previous device. If you purchased a new iPhone or iPad, you may be eligible for temporary iCloud storage.
Select a method
Next, select one of these transfer methods.
Quick Start: Use your iPhone or iPad to automatically set up a new device.
iCloud: Transfer your data and purchased content to your new device from your previous device's iCloud backup.
iTunes or Finder: Transfer your data and purchased content to your new device from a backup you made with iTunes or Finder.