To view pre-authorised payments in the Wallet app, you'll need:
- An iPhone with the latest version of iOS
- An Apple ID signed in to your iPhone
Make pre-authorised payments using Apple Pay
Participating websites and apps may allow you to make pre-authorised payments using Apple Pay for recurring or deferred charges. Just select the Apple Pay option at the checkout.
With supported cards, you can view these pre-authorised payments in the Wallet app.
To help you view and access options to manage pre-authorised payments, Apple has to collect and hold some data about these payments. Apple knows which merchant is associated with your pre-authorised payment, but not what you've purchased or how much you've paid for it.
View your subscriptions and other pre-authorised payments
- On your iPhone, open the Wallet app, then tap your payment card.
- Tap the More button , then tap Card Details .
- When available, tap Pre-authorised Merchants, then tap a merchant to see the relevant content.
To manage your payment preferences, tap Manage with [Merchant] to visit the merchant's site.
If you can't change or cancel the pre-authorised payment on the merchant's site, you can also tap Revoke Payment Authorisation to ask the merchant not to charge the Apple Pay payment method for that transaction.
If you revoke a pre-authorised payment in Apple Wallet
To manage or revoke a pre-authorised payment, visit the merchant's website or app. If needed, you can also revoke a pre-authorised payment in the Wallet app.
- When you revoke a pre-authorised payment in the Wallet app, your subscription or other associated payments won't be cancelled. Instead, Apple will ask the merchant not to charge the Apple Pay payment method for the transaction.
- In some cases, charges may still occur. To be certain that you won't be charged, go to the merchant's site or app to manage your payment preferences directly with the merchant.
With pre-authorised payments, the terms of your service are between you and the merchant.
If you remove a payment card connected to a pre-authorised payment from Apple Wallet
- The pre-authorised payment won't be cancelled and any associated accounts won't be closed. To manage your payment preferences, tap View Pre-authorised Merchants in the alert that appears when you remove the payment card. Then tap the merchant > Manage with [Merchant] to visit the merchant's website.
- If you remove your Apple Card, associated pre-authorised payments won't be cancelled and associated accounts won't be closed. If you don't have your Apple Card on another device, you'll need to manage your pre-authorised payment on the merchant's site or app.