If you can't update wirelessly on your device, you can update manually using the Finder on a computer that you trust.
Before you update
- Back up your device using iCloud or your computer.
- Check that your computer is running macOS Catalina or later. Using a Mac with macOS Mojave or earlier? Update your device using iTunes instead.
- If your computer is using Personal Hotspot on the device that you're updating, connect your computer to a different Wi-Fi or Ethernet network.
Update your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch using your computer
- Open a Finder window on a Mac with macOS Catalina or later.
- Connect your device to your computer.
- Select your device in the left sidebar of the Finder window. Find out what to do if you don't see your device.
- Click General, then click Check for Update.
- Click Download and Update. Continue by following the onscreen instructions.
- If asked, enter your passcode. Find out what to do if you don't know your passcode.
If you see alert messages on your computer
If you need more space to update
If you need more space for an update, you can delete content from your device manually.