Compatible iPhone models
- iPhone models with Face ID
- iPhone models with Touch ID, except iPhone 5s
To see if your iPhone supports Apple Pay, identify your iPhone model.1
Compatible iPad models
- iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad and iPad mini models with Touch ID or Face ID
To see if your iPad supports Apple Pay, identify your iPad model.
Compatible Apple Watch models
- Apple Watch Series 1 and later
To see if your Apple Watch supports Apple Pay, identify your Apple Watch.
Compatible Mac models
- Mac models with Touch ID
- Mac models introduced in 2012 or later with an Apple Pay-enabled iPhone or Apple Watch
- Mac computers with Apple silicon that are paired with a Magic Keyboard with Touch ID
Use Apple Pay with a compatible Mac for purchases and payments
- On the web in Safari3
- In Business Chat7
- Within apps8
- To use Apple Pay for purchases in Chile and Vietnam, you'll need an iPhone 6 or later with iOS 12.5.2 or later. To use with Apple Watch, you'll need a Watch Series 4 or later with watchOS 9.0 or later. Apple Watch must be paired with an iPhone 8 or later.
- To use Apple Pay for purchases in stores in Japan, you need an iPhone 8 or later, or an Apple Watch Series 3 or later. You can also use an iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus or Apple Watch Series 2 that was purchased in Japan. Learn how to tell whether your device was purchased in Japan.
- In mainland China, you can use Apple Pay on the web in Safari only on a compatible iPhone or iPad with the latest version of iOS or iPadOS. In the Netherlands, you can use Apple Pay on the web only on a compatible iPhone or iPad.
- Not all iPhone and Apple Watch models are compatible with public transport systems. See which devices are compatible in Japan, China mainland and other places where you can travel on public transport.
- United States only. Sending and receiving money with Apple Pay and the Apple Cash card are services provided by Green Dot Bank, Member FDIC. Learn more about the Terms and Conditions.
- Not all iPhone and Apple Watch models are compatible with student ID cards in the US. Check with your school card office for more information. See which iPhone models support Express Cards with power reserve.
- In some countries or regions, Business Chat will become available on a rolling basis.
- In China mainland, using Apple Pay within apps on a compatible Mac is not available.