When creating or reviewing a document, you can add and reply to comments to communicate with others about your document without leaving Pages, Numbers, or Keynote. Each person’s comment appears in a unique color and includes their author name. You can also print your document with or without comments.
You can quickly add a comment by selecting the text, cell, object, or slide that you want to comment on, then:
- On your Mac, click the Comment button , enter your comment, then click Done.
- On your iPhone or iPad, tap Comment in the menu that appears. You might need to tap to see Comment. If you're commenting on a cell in Numbers, tap Cell action menu, then tap the Add Comment button . Enter your comment and tap Done.
In the latest versions of Pages, Numbers, and Keynote, anyone can reply to your comments. If you’re collaborating with others, comments and replies appear in real time, so you don’t have to leave your document.
To reply to a comment, view the comment then click or tap Reply.
When a comment is available in Pages or Keynote, a yellow square appears next to the content. In Numbers, a yellow triangle appears in the corner of a cell. Here's how to view a comment:
- In Pages and Keynote for Mac, iPhone, and iPad, click or tap the yellow square.
- In Numbers for Mac, click the cell. In Numbers for iPhone and iPad, tap the cell, tap Cell action menu, then tap Show Comment.
To go to the next or previous comment in your document, click or tap the arrows in the comment.
Learn what to do if you can't view comments.
To edit your comment, open the comment and click or tap the part of the comment that you want to edit. Click or tap Done to save your changes. If there are replies to your comment, click the timestamp or tap the More button , then click or tap Edit Comment. You can edit only your own comments and replies.
Learn how to print a document, spreadsheet, or presentation and include comments.
Print comments in Pages, Numbers, and Keynote on your iPad or iPhone
- Tap the More button , then tap Print.
- Turn on comments:
- In Pages, turn on Print Comments, then tap Next.
- In Numbers, tap the Print Settings button , turn on Comments, then tap Print.
- In Keynote, tap Full Page Slide Layout or Slide Detail Layout, turn on Print Comments, then tap Next.
- Choose a printer and the number of copies, then tap Print.
Print comments in Pages, Numbers, and Keynote on your Mac
- Choose File > Print.
- In the pop-up menu below the page selection controls, choose Pages, Numbers, or Keynote.
If you don’t see the pop-up menu, click Show Details.
- Turn on comments:
- In Pages or Numbers, select the Print comments checkbox.
- In Keynote, click the Slide layout, then select the Include comments checkbox.
- Click Print.
To delete your comment, view the comment, then click or tap Delete. To delete a reply, click the timestamp or tap the More button , then click or tap Delete Reply.
If you’re collaborating with others, you can delete single or entire comment threads. You can delete individual comments and replies within a thread only if you're the comment author or document owner.
Show and hide comments
If you can’t see your comments, make sure you have them set to show in your application:
- On your Mac, click the View menu , then click Show Comments or Hide Comments. To view the comments pane, click the View menu , then click Show Comments Pane.
- On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, tap the More button , tap Settings, then turn on Comments.