When you open Final Cut Pro 10.3 or later or Motion 5.3 or later, the app automatically checks for third-party plug-in compatibility. If any plug-ins aren't compatible, a message lists the incompatible plug-ins.
The message also shows the versions and the manufacturers of incompatible plug-ins. Contact the manufacturer for information on updates. If updates aren't available, remove any incompatible plug-ins until compatible versions are available as recommended by the manufacturer.
How to manually remove plug-ins from Final Cut Pro or Motion
Most plug-in manufacturers provide uninstallers or other methods for removing their plug-ins. If a manufacturer has no information on removing their plug-ins, you can manually remove them. Close Final Cut Pro or Motion, then move the files related to the plug-in you want to remove from one of the following locations on your Mac to another location (such as the Desktop):
- /Library/Application Support/Final Cut Pro System Support/Plugins/
* To access ~/Library, choose Finder > Go, then press the Option key and choose Library.
Remove any third-party plug-in preset files from the following locations:
- ~/Movies/Motion Templates.localized/Effects/
- ~/Movies/Motion Templates.localized/Generators/
- ~/Movies/Motion Templates.localized/Titles/
- ~/Movies/Motion Templates.localized/Transitions/