While watching movies, TV shows, or music videos in the Apple TV app* or on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, you can turn on audio descriptions. You can also turn audio descriptions on by default.
Turn on audio descriptions
If the video that you're watching includes audio descriptions, you can find them in the Audio & Subtitles menu:
- While watching the video, tap the screen to reveal the playback controls.
- Tap to open the Audio & Subtitles menu.
- Choose the audio-described track that you want to use.
Set audio preferences
If you want videos to use audio descriptions by default:
- Go to Settings > Accessibility.
- Tap Audio Descriptions.
- Turn on Audio Descriptions.
Not all videos include audio description tracks. Check the documentation for the video you're using to see if it includes these features.
Some third party websites and apps provide custom audio controls for videos. If you don't see audio controls when viewing video from a website, check the documentation, or contact the website owner or app developer for more information.
You can also turn on audio descriptions on other devices using the steps below:
Learn how to find audio-described content.
* The Apple TV app isn't available in all countries or regions. Find out where it's available.