Check your battery charge
You can check your Apple Watch battery's charge level in several places:
- Swipe up on the watch face to open Control Center and see the battery percentage.
- On some watch faces, you can add a battery complication.
- On your iPhone, you can add a battery widget to show any connected Apple Watch.
- When your Apple Watch is charging in Nightstand mode, tap the charging button to check the battery percentage.
See charging details in watchOS 7
With watchOS 7, open the Settings app, then tap Battery. You'll see your current charge level along with a detailed charging graph.
Charge your Apple Watch
If your battery is low, you'll see the low battery icon on the screen of your Apple Watch. To charge your Apple Watch:
- Handle your Apple Watch and accessories safely and always take off your watch before charging it.
- Plug the Apple Magnetic Charging Cable or Apple Watch Magnetic Charging Dock into a USB power adapter.
- Plug the adapter into a power outlet. You can also plug the charging cable into a USB port.
- Position the back of your Apple Watch on the charger. The charger's magnets align your Apple Watch, and you'll see the battery charging icon on your watch face.
- Give your Apple Watch time to charge. While your device is charging, your Apple Watch goes into Nightstand mode.
Optimized battery charging
watchOS 7 allows your Apple Watch to learn from your daily charging habits and improve the lifespan of your battery. Learn more about Optimized Battery Charging on your Apple Watch.
Use Power Reserve
Power Reserve lets you see the time on your Apple Watch while preserving your battery life. While your Apple Watch is in Power Reserve, press the side button to show the current time. In Power Reserve, your Apple Watch and iPhone won't communicate, and you can't access other watch features.
Turn on Power Reserve
When your battery drops to 10 percent, your Apple Watch alerts you and asks if you want to use Power Reserve. When the battery gets too low, your watch automatically enters Power Reserve, and the low battery icon appears next to the time. Learn how to maximize your battery life and lifespan.
To turn on Power Reserve:
- Swipe up on the watch face to open Control Center.
- Tap the battery percentage.
- Drag the Power Reserve slider, then tap Proceed.
Turn off Power Reserve
- Press and hold the side button until you see the Apple logo.
- Wait for your Apple Watch to restart. You might need to charge your Apple Watch first.