Pages User Guide for Mac
- Intro to Pages
- Word-processing or page layout?
- Intro to images, charts, and other objects
- Find a document
- Open or close a document
- Save and name a document
- Print a document or envelope
- Create a document using VoiceOver
- Select text and place the insertion point
- Add and replace text
- Copy and paste text
- Use dictation to enter text
- Accents and special characters
- Add the date and time
- Add mathematical equations
- Bookmarks and links
- Add links
- Change the font or font size
- Set a default font
- Bold, italic, underline, and strikethrough
- Change the color of text
- Add a shadow or outline to text
- Change text capitalization
- Copy and paste text styles
- Add a highlight effect to text
- Format hyphens, dashes, and quotation marks
- Set paper size and orientation
- Set document margins
- Set up facing pages
- Add, rearrange, and delete pages
- Page templates
- Add page numbers
- Change the page background
- Add a border around a page
- Add watermarks and background objects
- Create a custom template
- Add lines and arrows
- Animate, share, or save drawings
- Set movie and image formats
- Change the transparency of an object
- Fill shapes and text boxes with color or an image
- Add a border to an object
- Add a caption or title
- Add a reflection or shadow
- Use object styles
- Resize, rotate, and flip objects
- Add or delete a table
- Select tables, cells, rows, and columns
- Merge or unmerge table cells
- Resize, move, or lock a table
- Use iCloud Drive with Pages
- Export to Word, PDF, or another file format
- Open an iBooks Author book in Pages
- Reduce the document file size
- Save a large document as a package file
- Restore an earlier version of a document
- Move a document
- Delete a document
- Lock a document
- Password-protect a document
- Create and manage custom templates
Touch Bar for Pages on Mac
If your Mac has a Touch Bar, you can use familiar gestures—such as tap, swipe, and slide—directly on the Touch Bar to edit documents in Pages. Controls on the Touch Bar change depending on what’s selected in your document.
For example, if text is selected, the Touch Bar shows controls for changing the font color, alignment, and other formatting.
To format text as a list, tap , then choose an option.
To see typing suggestions, tap . Tap to hide them.
Show controls for Pages
If you don’t see the controls for editing text and performing other tasks in Pages, turn them on in System Preferences.
At the top-left corner of your screen, choose Apple menu > System Preferences.
Click Keyboard, then click the Keyboard button.
Click the pop-up menu next to “Touch Bar shows,” then choose App controls.
You can find more information about how to use the Touch Bar in the macOS User Guide.