How to delete books, audiobooks, or PDFs from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
You can delete downloaded books and more from within the Apple Books app or audiobooks from the Settings app.
From the Apple Books app
- Tap Library, then find the item. If the item is part of a series, first open the series.
- Tap Edit in the upper-right corner.
- Tap the item you want to remove, then tap the Trash icon.
- To remove the item from your device, choose Remove Download. (If the item is a PDF or didn't come from the Book Store, you can also tap Delete Everywhere to delete it from your library.)
If you see the download button next to an item, it's stored in the cloud and not downloaded to your device. If you don't want the item to appear in the cloud, you can hide it. Hiding the item removes it from your device, but you can access it by tapping the sign-in button or your photo at the top of the screen, then Manage Hidden Purchases.
If you used your computer and a USB cable to manually sync books and audiobooks to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, turn off syncing to remove those items.
From the Settings app
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap General, then tap iPhone Storage or iPad Storage.
- Scroll to Books, then tap it.
- Swipe left on any audiobook download and tap Delete.
How to delete books, audiobooks, or PDFs from your Mac
- Click Library at the top of the window, then click All Books in the sidebar.
- Click the item you want to delete or remove. If the item is part of a series, first open the series, then click it.
- Choose Edit > Delete from the menu bar, then confirm when prompted.
If the option to Delete is dimmed after you click Edit, that item isn't downloaded to your Mac.
- Learn how to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or how to free up storage space on your Mac.
- Learn how to redownload items that you purchased.