Apple Remote Desktop Client 3.9.3
Apple Remote Desktop Client 3.9.3 is an update for any Mac that is viewed or controlled from the Remote Desktop app. It's available as an automatic software update for the following versions of these operating systems:
- macOS Sierra 10.12.2 or later
- OS X El Capitan 10.11.6
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.5
This update is recommended for all Apple Remote Desktop users. It addresses issues related to compatibility, reliability, and usability.
Remote Desktop Admin app 3.9
This update improves the overall stability of the Remote Desktop software, and includes the following specific changes:
- Computer lists, complete with credentials, can be exported to an encrypted archive and restored to other viewers.
- Improved security, with an optional compatibility option to support older clients in the Security tab of the Preferences panel.
- Assistance cursors available via a custom toolbar item.
- Support for the Touch Bar.
- Admins can now connect to Macs running older versions of Apple Remote Desktop Client software without needing to make sure Preferences > Security > "Allow communications with older clients (less secure)" is turned on in the admin app. You must be running Apple Remote Desktop Client 3.9.2 or later on the Mac running Apple Remote Desktop.
Apple Remote Desktop 3.8
It addresses issues related to reliability, usability and compatibility. This update also provides the following specific improvements:
- Improved support for OS X Yosemite.
- Added the ability to update versions of Apple Remote Desktop 3 installed from disc by using the Mac App Store.
About Apple Remote Desktop Client 3.9.2
It addresses issues related to reliability, usability and compatibility and includes the following specific change:
- When controlling a client Mac, you can now authenticate with a user’s long name instead of just the short name.