Classroom turns your iPad or Mac into a powerful teaching assistant, helping a teacher guide students with iPads through a lesson, see their progress, and keep them on track. With Classroom, you can easily launch the same app on every student device at the same time, or launch a different app for each group of students. Classroom helps teachers focus on teaching so students can focus on learning.
What's new in Classroom 2.3 for iPad
- Compatibility with iOS 12
Classroom 2.2 for iPad
- Navigate now offers the option to Lock the student device in the chosen app.
- New iOS restriction to require teacher consent to leave a teacher-created class from a supervised student device
Classroom 2.1 for iPad
- When the teacher ends a class session, a new screen presents a summary of student activity timelines before returning the teacher to the class chooser.
- Share URLs, documents, images, and more to individual students or to groups using the new drag and drop functionality in iOS 11.
- Three new Configuration Profile restrictions allow you to set, configure, or force the "Join Classes," "Lock Apps and Device," and "AirPlay and View Screen" settings for teacher-created classes to match the behavior of admin-created classes.
Classroom 2.0 for iPad
- Create classes within Classroom and invite nearby students to join
- Share documents and links to student devices via AirDrop (replaces the Classroom Share Extension)
- Students can share documents and links with their teacher via AirDrop
- Mute audio on student devices
Classroom 1.1.2 for iPad
- Fixed an issue that in some cases prevented Classroom from discovering nearby student devices.
Classroom 1.1.1 for iPad
- Improved support for passcode-protected Apple TV devices.
- Edit a group while in Slide Over or Split View.
- Filter apps by name in the Open App action dialog.
Classroom 1.1 for iPad
- A new Share Extension lets you send links from Safari and other apps via the Share sheet.
- Navigate to iTunes U courses
- Add and remove students from teacher-created groups
About Classroom 1.0 for iPad
Learn about features introduced with Classroom 1.0. To check requirements for Classroom 1.0, go to Classroom Help.
Assign Shared iPads to students
- Once configured, Classroom connects to nearby student devices.
- Classroom intelligently assigns the right student to each Shared iPad based on which device the student used last time.
- Once students are done, the teacher can easily log them out to prepare each Shared iPad for the next class.
Start, focus, or pause student work
- Launch any app, website, or book on student devices with a tap
- Lock devices into a single app to help students focus
- Lock screens to pause work or refocus your class
See what your students see with Screen View
- See an overview of all student screens at once
- Focus on a single student screen
- Students are informed when their screens are being viewed
Share student work on the classroom Apple TV
- Showcase the great work your students are doing to the class
- Use AirPlay to wirelessly present a student’s screen
- Students are informed when their screens are being presented
Reset forgotten passwords right in the classroom
- Reset a Managed Apple ID password without calling IT
Organize student devices using groups
- Classroom automatically creates groups of students based on the apps they are using
- Teachers can create groups to break students into project teams
- Perform actions on entire groups or on individual students within groups
Great for use with both 1:1 and Shared iPad student devices
- All actions take place over the local network only