To prevent in-app purchases, you need to turn on Screen Time first. Learn how to turn on and use Screen Time.
How to turn off in-app purchases on your iPhone or iPad
- When Screen Time is enabled, go to Settings > Screen Time, tap Content & Privacy Restrictions. If asked, enter your passcode, then turn on Content & Privacy Restrictions. You'll only be asked to enter a passcode if you already created one in Screen Time. Learn how to create a Screen Time passcode.
- Tap iTunes & App Store Purchases.
- Tap In-app Purchases and select Don't Allow.*
* From here, you can also require a password for future purchases from iTunes, Books, or App Store.
Other ways to control purchases on an Apple device
- If children in your Family Sharing group have their own devices, use Ask to Buy to screen and approve their purchase requests.
- If you let children use your device, you can require a password for every purchase.