To view preauthorized payments in the Wallet app, you need:
- An iPhone with the latest version of iOS
- An Apple ID signed in to your iPhone
Make preauthorized payments using Apple Pay
Participating websites and apps might allow you to make preauthorized payments using Apple Pay for recurring or deferred charges. Just select the Apple Pay option at check-out.
With supported cards, you can view these preauthorized payments in the Wallet app.
To help you view and access options to manage preauthorized payments, Apple has to collect and hold some data about these payments. Apple knows which merchant is associated with your preauthorized payment, but not what you purchased or how much you paid for it.
View your subscriptions and other preauthorized payments
- On your iPhone, open the Wallet app, then tap your payment card.
- Tap the More button , then tap Card Details .
- When available, tap Preauthorized Merchants, then tap a merchant to see the relevant content.
To manage your payment preferences, tap Manage with [Merchant] to visit the merchant's site.
If you can't change or cancel the preauthorized payment on the merchant's site, you can also tap Revoke Payment Authorization to request that the merchant not charge the Apple Pay payment method for that transaction.
If you revoke a preauthorized payment in Apple Wallet
To manage or revoke a preauthorized payment, visit the merchant's website or app. If needed, you can also revoke a preauthorized payment in the Wallet app.
- When you revoke a preauthorized payment in the Wallet app, you don't cancel your subscription or other associated payments. Instead, Apple requests that the merchant not charge the Apple Pay payment method for the transaction.
- In some cases, charges might still occur. To be certain that you won't be charged, go to the merchant's site or app to manage your payment preferences directly with the merchant.
With preauthorized payments, the terms of your service are between you and the merchant.
If you remove a payment card connected to a preauthorized payment from Apple Wallet
- The preauthorized payment isn't canceled and any associated accounts aren't closed. To manage your payment preferences, tap View Preauthorized Merchants in the alert that appears when you remove the payment card. Then tap the merchant > Manage with [Merchant] to visit the merchant's website.
- If you remove your Apple Card, associated preauthorized payments aren't canceled and associated accounts aren't closed. If you don't have your Apple Card on another device, you need to manage your preauthorized payment on the merchant's site or app.