We’re sorry your HomePod isn't working as it should.
After you’ve contacted Apple for service, you’ll receive a kit that contains everything you need to return your defective HomePod to Apple. When you’ve got your box:
- Remove your HomePod from the Home app.
- Take the foam insert out of the box provided.
- Remove the shipping label from the box if you haven’t already done so. Put your HomePod into the box.
- Put the foam insert back into the box, threading the cord through the slit in the insert.
- Roll the cord up inside the hole at the top of the foam insert.
- Close the lid of the box. Then, remove the tape provided from its backing.
- Use the tape provided to seal the box as shown.
Once you’ve got your HomePod packaged
- If the return shipping label is included, place it on the box.
- Find the name of the courier on the label (or elsewhere in the packing materials) and visit its website to arrange a collection or find a drop-off location.
- Ask the courier for proof of collection.
- Track your repair.
*Apple is not responsible for any damage during shipping if the package is not properly sealed or is delivered to the courier in poor condition.
Once you have your replacement HomePod
- Make note of your new HomePod serial number. Your replacement HomePod is covered by a 90-day service warranty or the remainder of your HomePod one-year limited warranty or AppleCare agreement, whichever is longer.
- Set up and use your new HomePod.
© 2018 Apple Inc. All rights reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, and HomePod are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. AppleCare is a service mark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.