You can change the language of the menu items, navigation, and other display elements of iTunes. On a Mac, this is tied to your system language. On a PC, the language that you see in iTunes is controlled inside the application. You can also change the audio language or subtitle language for iTunes Store videos. Each movie might have different language options available. This depends on what the content provider includes with your purchase.
Change the language on your Mac
To change the language that you see in iTunes and other applications, set the language in System Preferences. This sets the language shown in menus and dialogs on your Mac, including those in iTunes.
- From the menu bar at the top of your computer screen, choose Apple () menu > System Preferences.
- Click Language & Region.
- Under Preferred languages, you'll see the languages available on your Mac. Click and hold the language that you want to see in iTunes, then drag it to the top of the list.
- If you don't see the language that you want iTunes to use, click the + button under the Preferred languages list. Select the language that you want, then click Add.
- To make the new language your primary one, either click and drag your preferred language to the top of the list or click "Use [added language]" if prompted.
- Close the Systems Preferences window and choose Restart Now.
Change the language in iTunes on your PC
To change the language that you see in iTunes on your PC, set the language in iTunes Preferences under the General tab. This sets the language shown in menus and dialogs in iTunes.
- Open iTunes.
- From the menu bar at the top of the iTunes window, choose Edit > Preferences.
- Click the General tab.
- From the Language menu at the bottom of the window, choose the language that you want to see in iTunes.
- Click OK.
- Quit iTunes, then reopen it.