How the Apple Music Voice plan works
You can use Siri to play music with a subscription to any Apple Music plan. The Apple Music Voice plan is designed to only play music by using Siri. Simply ask Siri to play what you want to hear, and Siri will play it. You can also find personalised music recommendations and find out about ways to play music with Siri in the Apple Music app.
If you want to add music from the Apple Music catalogue to your library, create custom playlists and access all of the features of Apple Music, upgrade your Apple Music subscription.
Here's what you need
You can listen to music with a subscription or trial to the Voice plan on Apple devices that support Siri. And you can listen with speakers, headphones, CarPlay and other devices connected to your Apple device.
How to get Apple Music Voice
If you haven't subscribed to Apple Music, you can get a seven-day free preview of the Voice plan by asking Siri to play a song or artist on Apple Music. This one-time free preview will not renew. After seven days, you can subscribe to the Voice plan in the Apple Music app and get a one-month free trial.
How to play music with Apple Music Voice
To start a music request on your Apple device, just say "Hey Siri" or press a button. You can also type your request to Siri.
Play a song, album or artist
- "Hey Siri, play Magnolias by Leon Bridges".
- "Hey Siri, play the top songs by H.E.R."
- "Hey Siri, play the new album by Lucy Dacus".
Play hits from any decade or genre
- "Hey Siri, play hip-hop songs from the 90s".
- "Hey Siri, play the top songs of the year".
- "Hey Siri, play some 80s goth".
Tip: Siri takes the work out of choosing what to play next. Just ask Siri to play a song, and similar songs will play automatically.
Play music for your mood or activity
- "Hey Siri, play some chillout music".
- "Hey Siri, play music for a rainy day".
- "Hey Siri, play some workout music".
- "Hey Siri, play dinner party music".
Find out what's playing
- "Hey Siri, who sings this song?"
- "Hey Siri, what album is this on?"
- "Hey Siri, what's the name of this song?"
- "Hey Siri, when was this song released?"
Tip: In the Apple Music app, go to Listen Now and check out Just Ask Siri to find more personalised music recommendations.
Listen to live and on-demand radio
- "Hey Siri, play Capital".
- "Hey Siri, play Apple Music 1".
- "Hey Siri, play the latest episode of Rap Life Radio".
Control what's playing
- "Hey Siri, pause".
- "Hey Siri, skip this song".
- "Hey Siri, repeat this song".
- "Hey Siri, turn up the volume".
What you can do with the Apple Music app
- In Listen Now, you can find music you've recently played and discover personalised music recommendations that you can play with just a tap or by asking Siri.
- In the Radio tab, you can access live and on-demand radio.
- You can use Search to find music, but you can only play by asking Siri.
Tips for personalising your listening experience
The more music you play, the more Apple Music learns what you like and what you don't. And you can help Apple Music learn your taste in music.
Here's what you can do.
Listen to music picked just for you
- "Hey Siri, play some music I like".
- "Hey Siri, play my favourites mix".
- "Hey Siri, play my personal station".
Like and dislike what's playing
- "Hey Siri, play more songs like this".
- "Hey Siri, I like this song".
- "Hey Siri, I don't like this song".
Tip: Did you know that if you listen to enough music, you can ask Siri to replay your top songs of the year? Just say "Hey Siri, play my Replay playlist from this year".
Want to do more than play music with Siri?
If you upgrade your Apple Music subscription, you can listen to music in lossless audio. Experience sound in Spatial Audio with Dolby Atmos. Access all of the features of the Apple Music app. Create playlists. Download your favourite music and listen offline. Access your music library across all of your devices – and so much more.
The Apple Music Voice plan is currently only available in Australia, Austria, Canada, China mainland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Mexico, New Zealand, Spain, Taiwan, the United Kingdom and the United States.