After you've contacted Apple about a service, you'll receive a replacement product with instructions to return your original product to Apple. Instructions may vary by country or region.
Important: Make sure you return your product so that Apple receives it within 10 days of the date your replacement product was sent to you by Apple (check your dispatch date). If Apple doesn't receive your original product within 10 days, or if Apple technicians find that your original product is ineligible for service or it has issues that are not covered by an active AppleCare+ plan, you'll be charged the full value of the replacement product. For more details, see iPhone Express Replacement Service, ERS terms and conditions for service covered by Apple's Limited Warranty or an AppleCare plan, or ERS terms and conditions for service not covered by Apple's Limited Warranty, an AppleCare plan or consumer law.
Follow these steps to prepare your iPhone:
Customers in Japan should only follow steps 1, 2 and 3. Then, proceed to the Send your iPhone to Apple using Express Replacement Service section for the Asia-Pacific region.
- Back up your iPhone.
- Remove your iPhone from the Apple device list and erase your data.
- Remove the SIM card from your iPhone if it uses one, and keep it in a safe place. If your iPhone uses an eSIM, contact your wireless service provider to suspend service, if necessary.
- Place your iPhone into the small box and put the lid on the small box. (Do not include your stereo headset, USB cable, power adapter or other accessories. If you include extra items in the box, these won't be returned to you.)
- Put the small box into the large delivery box and close it.
- Seal the box with tape and send the box to Apple.* If there is a battery sticker pasted on the outside of the box, please make sure the battery sticker is not obstructed.
* Apple is not responsible for any damage sustained during delivery.
Send your iPhone to Apple using Express Replacement Service
© 2023 Apple Inc. All rights reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, AirPods and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the US and other countries and regions. AppleCare is a service mark of Apple Inc., registered in the US and other countries and regions. Other product and company names mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective companies.