Check Mail, Contacts and Calendar settings
Mail: launch the Mail app and wait for your email to be downloaded to your device. If prompted, enter the password for your email again. If you need to set up your email, find out what to do.
Contacts: open the Contacts app and make sure your contacts were transferred. If you're missing any contacts, find out how to set up and manage your Contacts.
Calendar: open the Calendar app and make sure your calendar events were transferred. You can also use iCloud to keep your Calendar up to date.
Turn on Notifications for your apps
You might need to open some of your apps to enable the notifications for those apps. Open each app and, if prompted, tap Allow Notifications. For some apps, you might need to turn on your Notifications in Settings > Notifications. Find out more about Notifications.
Download content and restore in-app purchases
You might need to re-download the content – such as music, films, TV programmes or podcasts – you had on your previous device. Here's what you should do:
- Open the Settings app, then tap your name. Tap Media & Purchases, then tap View Account. Make sure you're signed in with the same Apple ID that you use to make purchases.
- If you're missing music, films, TV programmes or podcasts, find out how to re-download the missing content.
- If you had previously made in-app purchases, you will need to restore them.
Pair your Bluetooth accessories
After you set up your new iOS device, you need to pair your Bluetooth accessories – such as headphones and speakers – and connect your device to your car stereo. On your iOS device:
- Go to Settings > Bluetooth and make sure Bluetooth is on.
- Put your accessory in Discovery Mode and wait for it to be displayed on your iOS device.
- Tap the accessory name to pair it. You might need to enter a PIN or passcode. Find out more about pairing Bluetooth accessories.
Find out how to pair your AirPods.
Add your cards to Apple Pay
You can use Apple Pay as soon as you add your credit, debit or prepaid card to Wallet. Remember to add your cards to any device you want to use with Apple Pay. Here's how:
- Go to Settings > Wallet & Apple Pay.
- Add your card and wait for your bank to verify your information. If your bank needs more information to verify your card, they'll ask for it.
Find out how to set up and use Apple Pay.
Manage your subscriptions
Some apps and services offer subscriptions to access their content. These subscriptions will be renewed automatically until you choose to cancel the subscription. If you have any subscriptions, find out how to view, change or cancel them.
- Find out how to restore your information on your previous iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
- If you have a new iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, find out how to set it up.