How to get the Apple TV app or Apple TV+ app
- Go to your device's app store and search for the Apple TV app or Apple TV+ app. If you can’t see the app you’re looking for, check your device’s compatibility.1
- Download the app.
- Open the app and follow the instructions to complete the setup process.
- Sign In On Mobile Device: use your phone’s camera to scan the QR code on the TV screen, or go to link.apple.com and enter your code. Then follow the instructions on your device.
- On This TV: use your TV remote to manually sign in with your Apple ID and complete the setup process.
If you can't watch content, you may need to get your Apple ID ready for purchases.
Reset the Apple TV app or Apple TV+ app
Resetting the Apple TV app or Apple TV+ app will remove your personal information and restore the app to its original settings. If you plan to sell or give away your device, or uninstall the app, you may want to reset it first.
- Open the Apple TV app or Apple TV+ app.
- Go to Settings.
- Choose the Reset option.
If you've lost or can't access your device but are still signed in to the Apple TV app or Apple TV+ app, remove the device from your Apple ID device list.
If you reset the Apple TV app or Apple TV+ app on a smart TV that's also signed in to the Apple Music app, the Apple Music app is restored to its original settings.
- Availability of the Apple TV app and Apple TV+ app may vary by country and region. Find out what's available in your country or region. The Apple TV app and Apple TV+ app features and supported devices may also vary by country and region.
- In the US, you can subscribe to Apple TV+ on Amazon Fire TV, but you can’t purchase other content from the Apple TV app. On Amazon Fire TV (in other regions), Android TV and Sony TV devices, you can’t purchase content from the Apple TV app. You can buy, rent or subscribe on another supported device and then watch in the Apple TV app on your Amazon Fire TV, Android TV or Sony TV device.