- Use Apple Pencil hover to easily navigate, write, sketch, and illustrate with greater precision on supported iPad models.
- Export and send a copy of your document in a different format right from the Share menu.
- Templates for reports, notes, letters, and resumes now include placeholder text with instructions.
- Includes improvements and fixes for mail merge and collaboration activity.
Get complete step-by-step instructions and information on all the features in Pages:
New in Pages 12.2 for iPhone and iPad
- Stay up to date on everyone’s recent activity in collaborative documents and get notifications when others join, comment, or make changes.
- Easily share and see updates about your document in Messages. Send a message or start a FaceTime call right from a collaborative document.
- Start with a Blank Layout document to freely arrange text and graphics on the page.
- Quickly insert objects, find settings, and get to your favorite tools with the customizable toolbar in Pages on iPad.*
- Find common actions like print, rename, and more in the new document menu on iPad.
- Work across multiple documents more easily with Stage Manager on supported iPad models.*
- Automatically remove an image’s background to isolate its subject.*
- Style charts with additional controls for colors, lines, and number formats.
* Requires iOS 16 or iPadOS 16
New in Pages 12.1 for iPhone and iPad
- Use mail merge to quickly create personalized letters, cards, and envelopes for multiple recipients.
- Select from stylish new templates for event invitations and student certificates.
- Export your Pages documents as TXT files.
New in Pages 12.0 for iPhone and iPad
- Publish directly to Apple Books with larger file sizes of up to 2 GB.
- Insert page numbers anywhere in your document.
- Edit font size more precisely with up to two decimal places.
- Quickly start writing a new document on iPhone—just touch and hold the Pages app icon on the Home Screen.
- Read comments and track changes using VoiceOver.
New in Pages 11.2 for iPhone and iPad
- With Screen View, automatically display text, images, and other elements in a continuous flow optimized to fit your iPhone screen so documents are even easier to read and edit.
- Publish books with 2-page spreads, optimized images, and more flexible versioning.
- Use the Quick Format bar on iPhone to change paragraph styles, text formatting, alignment, list styles, and more.
- Drag and drop to copy text, images, and other items between apps on iPhone.1
- Instant translation lets you translate selected text in up to 11 languages and add the translation to your document with a tap.2
- Flexible collaboration allows participants to add others to a shared document.2
- Radar charts help you visually compare multiple variables at once to easily show similarities and differences in your data.
- Audio graph makes charts accessible to people with vision impairments by playing an audio tone that changes pitch to represent different values.2
1. Requires iOS 15
2. Requires iOS 15 or iPadOS 15
New in Pages 11.1 for iPhone and iPad
- Link to web pages, email addresses, and phone numbers from objects such as shapes, lines, images, drawings, or text boxes.
- Teachers using the Schoolwork app to assign activities in Pages can now view student progress, including word count and time spent.
New in Pages 11.0 for iPhone and iPad
- Use new editing controls in the Arrange Inspector to adjust the look and placement of objects.
- Use onscreen keypads to enter exact values for text size, spacing, table size, and more.
- Add or remove objects or table cells from a selection by tapping or dragging across them.
- A new option in More > Settings > Editing to always open documents in edit view.
- Add phone number links to table cells, text objects, and shapes.
- Scribble support for Portuguese, French, Italian, German, and Spanish languages.*
* Requires iPadOS 14.5