Make sure that your devices meet the requirements for using AirPlay. To stream audio to multiple speakers with AirPlay 2, simply select multiple AirPlay 2-compatible speakers or smart TVs. To ask Siri to play a movie or TV show in the room where you want to watch it, add your AirPlay 2-compatible speakers and smart TVs to a room in the Home app.
Stream audio from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with AirPlay
Play music on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, then control where it's playing from Control Center:
- Open Control Center:
- On iPhone X or later or iPad with iPadOS or later: Swipe down from the upper-right corner of the screen.
- On iPhone 8 or earlier or iOS 11 or earlier: Swipe up from the bottom edge of the screen.
- Press and hold the audio card in the upper-right corner, then tap Airplay .
- Tap each speaker or TV that you want to play the current audio to.
You can also use AirPlay to stream audio from an app you're using on your device. Just open the app, tap Airplay , then tap a speaker or tap multiple speakers.
Stream audio from your Apple TV with AirPlay
Whether you're watching a movie or listening to music with your Apple TV, you can use AirPlay to stream audio to your AirPods, Beats headphones, HomePod, or AirPlay 2-compatible speakers.
- Play the audio that you want to stream from your Apple TV, then press and hold Apple TV App/Home to bring up Control Center.
- Select Airplay .
- Choose the headphones or speakers that you want to stream the current audio to.
Stream audio from Apple Music on a Mac with AirPlay
Make sure that you're using the latest version of Apple Music on your Mac and that your devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi or ethernet network. Then follow these steps:
- Open Apple Music on your Mac.
- To the right of the volume slider in Apple Music, click Airplay .
- Click each speaker or AirPlay 2-compatible TV that you want to play the current audio to.
Stream audio from your Mac with AirPlay
To stream audio from your Mac to your Apple TV, HomePod, or AirPlay-compatible speaker:
- Make sure that your Mac and speaker are on the same Wi-Fi or ethernet network.
- Go to Apple menu > System Preferences > Sound.
- Under Output, select a speaker that you want to stream audio to. If you select Show volume in menu bar, then you can quickly change the audio output by clicking Volume in the menu bar.
You can't AirPlay to multiple speakers from the menu bar on a Mac.