Before you begin
- If you have an Apple Watch and you've bought a new iPhone, unpair your Apple Watch from your previous iPhone before setting up your new device. Unpairing will back up your Apple Watch automatically so you can restore it after you've paired with a new iPhone.
- Make sure you have a backup of your device.
- Have your Apple ID and password ready.
- Transfer your SIM card from your iPhone, iPad or eSIM. If your new device requires a different SIM card to what you've previously used, contact your network provider.
- Make sure you have a backup of your previous device. If you've purchased a new iPhone or iPad, you may be eligible for temporary iCloud storage.
Select a method
Next, select one of these transfer methods.
Quick Start: use your iPhone or iPad to set up a new device automatically.
iCloud: transfer your data and purchased content to your new device from your previous device's iCloud backup.
iTunes or Finder: transfer your data and purchased content to your new device from a backup you've made with iTunes or Finder.