When is Apple TV+ available?
Apple TV+ will launch on November 1, 2019 (Pacific time). Today, you can watch the first Apple TV+ trailers in the Apple TV app or on tv.apple.com.
Where can I watch Apple TV+?
You can subscribe to, and watch on:
- An iPhone or iPod touch with the latest version of iOS
- An iPad with the latest version of iPadOS
- An Apple TV 4K or Apple TV HD with the latest version of tvOS
- An Apple TV (3rd generation) with the latest Apple TV Software Update
- A smart TV or streaming box that supports the Apple TV app
- A Mac running the latest version of macOS
- tv.apple.com in a Safari, Firefox, or Chrome web browser
Apple TV+ is available in over 100 countries and regions. Apple Originals will be subtitled and/or dubbed in nearly 40 languages, including Subtitles for the Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing (SDH) or closed captions. Apple TV+ series and movies will also be available with audio descriptions in eight languages.
How do I sign up?
What’s included in my Apple TV+ subscription?
Apple TV+ lets you stream all-new Apple Originals, ad-free and on demand. New originals will be added to Apple TV+ every month. You can watch Apple Originals in 4K HDR / Dolby Vision and most titles also offer Dolby Atmos sound. On iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Mac, you can even download episodes or films to watch offline. Your Apple TV+ subscription includes access for up to 6 family members thanks to Family Sharing. Each family member can watch with their own Apple ID on their own device, no need to share your account or password. One Apple TV+ subscription allows you to enjoy up to 6 simultaneous streams.
I purchased a new Apple device that comes with 1 year free Apple TV+. How do I activate my 1 year Apple TV+ subscription?
Starting November 1, you’ll be able to start your 1 year free Apple TV+ in the Apple TV app. Follow these steps:
- Turn on your new iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV 4K or Apple TV HD, or Mac and sign in with your Apple ID.
- Open the Apple TV app on November 1 or later. Make sure your eligible device is running the latest version of iOS, iPadOS, tvOS, or macOS.
- The offer should be presented immediately after launching the app. If not, scroll down in Watch Now until the offer appears.
- Tap "Enjoy 1 Year Free." You might be asked to enter your Apple ID password, confirm your billing information, or add a valid payment method. You will not be charged during the 1 year free trial.
Terms & Conditions of the offer:
- Only one offer per Apple ID and only one offer per family if you’re part of a Family Sharing group, regardless of the number of devices you or your family purchases. Up to 6 family members can share one Apple TV+ subscription through Family Sharing.
- Beginning November 1, you can initiate the one-year free offer in the Apple TV app on the device running the latest software. To see the offer appear, you will need to sign in with your Apple ID on your new device. You have three months after first setting up your device to claim the offer, or if the device was purchased and set-up before the launch of Apple TV+, you will have three months starting November 1.
- Upon claiming the offer, you commit to a monthly subscription that starts immediately after the 1 year free, and automatically renews until cancelled. For pricing in your country or region, go to apple.com/apple-tv-plus. You can cancel at anytime in Settings at least a day before each renewal date. If you cancel during your free year, you and your family members will immediately lose access to Apple TV+ and the remainder of your 1 year free trial. You can’t reactivate this trial.
- This offer is available for a limited time only.
Which devices are eligible to receive 1 year free Apple TV+?
Any new iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV, or Mac capable of running the latest iOS, iPadOS, tvOS, or macOS purchased after September 10, 2019, from Apple or an Apple authorized reseller, is eligible.
For more details on offer terms and conditions, go to apple.com/promo.
What is the Apple TV app?
Learn more about the Apple TV app on apple.com/apple-tv-app/.