Apply for Apple Card
What you should know about Apple Card
- It takes just minutes to apply.
- There are no fees, including annual, late, over-the-limit, or other hidden fees.*
- You can see your offered initial credit limit and Annual Percentage Rate (APR) before you accept your offer, and your credit score isn't impacted until after you accept.
- Easily track and manage your spending with Apple Card in Wallet.
- Get a percentage of your Apple Card purchases back as Daily Cash.
*Variable APRs range from 12.49% to 23.49% based on creditworthiness. Rates as of December 1, 2019.
How to apply for Apple Card
Follow the steps below or watch the video to see how to apply for Apple Card >
1. See if you're eligible
To get Apple Card, you must meet these requirements:
- Be 18 years or older, depending on where you live.
- Be a U.S. citizen or a lawful U.S. resident with a valid, physical U.S. address that is not a P.O. Box. You can also use a military address.
- Own a compatible iPhone with the latest iOS version.1
- Use two-factor authentication with your Apple ID.
- Sign in to iCloud with your Apple ID.
- If you have a freeze on your credit report, you need to temporarily lift the freeze to apply for Apple Card. Learn how to lift your credit freeze with TransUnion here.
- You might need to verify your identity with a Driver license or State-issued photo ID.
2. Start your application
3. Fill out your information
Follow the steps on the next few screens to provide this information:
- Your first and last name, date of birth, and phone number
- Your home address
- The last four digits of your Social Security number and country of citizenship
- Your annual income, which can include self-employment income, retirement income, investment dividends, and more
If you're asked for more information, learn what to do.
4. Agree to the Terms & Conditions
Tap Agree to accept the Apple Card Terms & Conditions.
5. Accept your offer
When your application is approved, you are shown an initial credit limit and APR offer. To accept the offer, tap Accept Apple Card. You have up to 30 days to accept your offer and your credit score is not affected until after you accept.
If you accept, Apple Card is added to Wallet on your iPhone.
To decline your offer, just tap No Thanks.
After you accept your offer, you can start using Apple Card to make purchases with Apple Pay. When you make purchases with Apple Card, you can start to get a percentage of each purchase back as Daily Cash. You can set Apple Card as your default payment card for Apple Pay, App Store, Apple Music and other Apple services, and also request your physical titanium Apple Card after accepting your offer.
If you're asked for more information
In some cases, Goldman Sachs2 needs additional information to evaluate your application. You could be asked to provide your full Social Security number. To protect your identity, you might also be asked to capture your driver's license or State-issued photo ID:
- Scan the front of your Photo ID and tap Continue
- Scan the back of your Photo ID and tap Continue
To rescan your Photo ID, tap Scan Again.3
Goldman Sachs might ask you to provide additional information on financial assets. In some cases, Goldman Sachs might request additional information about your relationship with Apple to further evaluate your application.
You can choose not to provide additional information at any point. If you choose not to share additional information, Goldman Sachs is unable to approve your application.
If you're approved with insufficient credit
If you apply for Apple Card when you buy a new iPhone and choose Apple Card Monthly Installments, see what you can do if your application is approved with insufficient credit.
If you need help applying for Apple Card, contact Apple Support.
How to add Apple Card on your other devices
You can add Apple Card to your other devices if you're signed in to those devices with the same Apple ID that was signed in to iCloud on the iPhone you used to apply for Apple Card.
Add Apple Card to Apple Watch
- Update to watchOS 5.3 or later.
- Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone, then go to the My Watch tab. If you have multiple watches, choose one.
- Tap Wallet & Apple Pay.
- Under Other Cards On Your Phone, tap Add next to Apple Card.
- If you want to make Apple Card your default payment card for Apple Pay, tap Use as Default Card.
You need watchOS 5 or later to add Apple Card to your Apple Watch.
You can make Apple Card your default card on your Apple Watch. This makes Apple Card your default card when you use Apple Pay on your Apple Watch.
Add Apple Card to iPad
Add Apple Card to Mac
- Update to macOS 10.14.6 or later.
- Go to System Preferences, then select Wallet & Apple Pay.
- Click the plus button (+).
- Select Apple Card, then choose Next and follow the steps on your screen.
You can make Apple Card your default card on your Mac. This makes Apple Card your default card when you use Apple pay on your Mac.
To add Apple Card to Wallet, you need a Mac model with Touch ID. If you have a Mac model without built-in Touch ID, you can turn on Allow Payments on Mac to complete your purchases on your eligible iPhone or Apple Watch:
On your iPhone, open the Settings app, tap Wallet & Apple Pay, then turn on Allow Payments on Mac.
If you need help adding Apple Card to your devices, contact Apple Support.
- Software is subject to change.
- Apple Card is issued by Goldman Sachs Bank USA, Salt Lake City Branch.
- If your photo ID won't scan properly, contact Apple Support.