Learn how to update the software on your HomePod.
iOS 12.1.1 includes support for new regions and fixes bugs for your HomePod including:
- Support in Mainland China and Hong Kong
- HomePod LEDs illuminate during Group FaceTime calls
This update includes general improvements for stability and quality.
iOS 12 includes HomePod support for multiple named timers, telephony, music search by lyrics, Find My iPhone, Calendar support for additional languages, and Siri shortcuts. Search by lyrics is only available in English in the US, UK, Australia and Canada.
iOS 12 includes support for multiple timers, music search by lyrics, telephony and Find My iPhone.
- Conveniently search for a song using the lyrics if you can’t remember the title (English only)
- Create multiple named timers
- Make and receive phone calls directly on HomePod, or simply ask Siri who is calling
- Similar to Apple Watch, Find My iPhone on HomePod allows you to quickly locate any of your iOS or macOS devices with an audible ping
- Calendar support to include all languages
- View the network name in Settings
iOS 11.4 includes AirPlay 2 multi-room audio and support for stereo pairs.
- Place two HomePod in the same room and create a stereo pair
- Each HomePod in a pair automatically senses its location in the room
- Advanced beamforming provides wider soundstage than traditional stereo pair
- Use AirPlay 2 to play the same song everywhere or different songs in different rooms to multiple HomePod and other AirPlay 2-enabled speakers
- Schedule, cancel, and stay up to date with your Calendar appointments (available in US, UK, Australia)
This update includes general performance and stability improvements.