Unlock in person
Unlock on the web
To remove Activation Lock from a device that's not in your possession, follow the steps below. If you purchased a device that's protected by Activation Lock, ask the previous owner to follow these steps.
- From a web browser, sign in to iCloud.com with your Apple ID.
- Go to Find iPhone.
- Click All Devices at the top of the screen.
- Select the device that you want to remove from iCloud.
- Click Erase [device]. Select Next until the device is erased.
- Click Remove from Account.
To begin the setup process, restart the device.
Start a support request
If you need help removing Activation Lock and have proof of purchase documentation, you can start an Activation Lock support request.