What you need
Center Stage works with these iPad models and Mac computers:
- iPad Air (5th generation)
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (5th generation or later)
- iPad Pro 11-inch (3rd generation or later)
- iPad (9th generation or later)
- iPad mini (6th generation)
- Compatible Mac computers connected to Studio Display
You can use Center Stage during a FaceTime call as well as with other compatible video apps.
How to turn on or turn off Center Stage
- During a video call in FaceTime, or when using video in a compatible app, open Control Center by swiping down from the top-right edge of your screen on iPad, or click the Control Center icon in the menu bar on Mac.
- Tap or click the Video Effects button .
- Tap or click the Center Stage button to turn it on or off.
On iPad, you can also control Center Stage during a FaceTime call by tapping the video thumbnail of yourself, then tapping the Center Stage button .
Learn how to use FaceTime to make video and audio calls from your iPad or Mac.