On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
Go to Settings > Siri & Search.
Tap Language to change the language that Siri uses for requests and responses.
Tap Siri Voice to change the gender or dialect that Siri speaks.*
To hear spoken responses from Siri on your device, tap Voice Feedback, then choose from the following:
- Always On: Siri will speak responses, even when your ring switch is set to silent.
- Control with Ring Switch: Siri silences all spoken responses when the ring switch is set to silent. You'll still hear a beep when you use Siri and hear voice feedback when you use "Hey Siri," or when you're connected to a Bluetooth device, headphones, or CarPlay.
- Hands-Free Only: Siri will only beep and speak responses when you use "Hey Siri," or when you're connected to a Bluetooth device, headphones, or CarPlay.
On your Mac
If you have a Mac with macOS Sierra or later, go to Apple () menu > System Preferences, then click Siri. From here, you can choose the following:
- Language: Change the language that Siri will use for requests and responses.
- Siri Voice: Change the gender or dialect that Siri speaks.*
- Voice Feedback: Turn on to hear spoken responses from Siri. If you turn this off, you won’t hear a spoken response but will see Siri’s response in the Siri window.
On your Apple Watch
Siri uses the same language and voice on your Apple Watch that's set up on your iPhone. On Apple Watch Series 3 or later, you can have Siri speak responses. On your Apple Watch, go to Settings > General > Siri. Under Voice Feedback, choose from the following:
- Always On: Siri speaks responses, even when your Apple Watch is set to Silent Mode.
- Control With Silent Mode: Siri silences all spoken responses when your Apple Watch is set to Silent Mode.
- Headphones Only: Siri only speaks responses when your Apple Watch is connected to Bluetooth headphones.
On earlier Apple Watch models, Siri will display responses on your screen with text or images. Learn more about Siri on Apple Watch.
On your Apple TV 4K and Apple TV (4th generation)
Siri uses the same language you set up on your Apple TV 4K or Apple TV (4th generation). To change the language Siri uses, go to Settings > General > Siri, then select Language.
Siri doesn’t talk on Apple TV but will process your request and display the results on your screen.
Learn more about Siri on your Apple TV 4K or Apple TV (4th generation).
*Siri Voice options for gender and dialect depend on the language you pick. Some languages might offer only a male or female voice, while others offer both. Certain languages, such as English, Spanish, and French offer different dialects. For example, when using English in the United States, Siri can speak with an American, British, or Australian accent.