Before you sign out of iCloud, make sure that you archive or make copies of the information that you store in iCloud. When you sign out of iCloud, you can't access or use the following services on your devices or your Mac.
- Apple Pay, Apple Cash, and Apple Card*
- Find My
- Game Center
- Home app to control your HomeKit devices
- iCloud Backup
- iCloud Drive
- iCloud Keychain
- iCloud Mail
- iCloud Photos
- Siri Shortcuts
- Voice Memos
- Shared Albums
- Messages in iCloud
- Shared Notes
- Shared Pages, Numbers, and Keynote documents
- Updates to your contacts, calendars, reminders, bookmarks, and Safari tabs
- Continuity features like Handoff, Universal Clipboard, and Auto Unlock with your Apple Watch
- App data for any third-party apps that you've installed that use iCloud
*Your Apple Cash and Apple Card accounts are linked to your Apple ID. They can't be transferred to a different Apple ID or accessed by a different Apple ID.
When you sign out of iCloud, you'll also automatically be signed out of the App Store, iMessage, and FaceTime. You can keep using these services with your Apple ID by signing back in separately. Here's how to sign in to the App Store, iMessage, and FaceTime. If you don't want to sign back in with your Apple ID, you can keep using iMessage and FaceTime with your phone number.
If you sign out of iCloud and you don't keep a copy of your data on your device or your Mac, you can't access that data on your device or your Mac until you sign in to iCloud again.
Sign out on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Go to Settings > [your name].
- Scroll down and tap Sign Out.
- Enter your Apple ID password and tap Turn Off.
- Turn on the data that you want to keep a copy of on your device.
- Tap Sign Out.
- Tap Sign Out again to confirm that you want to sign out of iCloud.
Sign out on your Mac
- Choose Apple menu > System Preferences.
- Click Apple ID, then click Overview. If you use macOS High Sierra or earlier, click iCloud.
- Click Sign Out.
- If you want to a keep a copy of your iCloud data on your Mac before you sign out, make sure that you select the appropriate checkboxes. Then click Keep a Copy.
- If you want to keep a copy of your Safari passwords on your Mac, click Keep on This Mac.
Sign out on your Apple Watch
When you sign out of iCloud on the iPhone that's paired with your Apple Watch, you're automatically signed out of iCloud on your Apple Watch.
Sign out on your Apple TV
- Go to Settings > Accounts > iCloud.
- Select Sign Out.
Sign out of iCloud for Windows
- Open iCloud for Windows.
- Click Sign out.