These are steps about how to invite a Volume Purchase Program-only account to your organization. To add a new account, learn how to add a new user in Apple School Manager or add a new user in Apple Business Manager.
- Sign in to Apple School Manager or Apple Business Manager.
- Click Settings.
- Below Institution Settings or Organization Settings, choose Enrollment Information.
- If you don't see a field for tax status, proceed to step 5. If you see a field for tax status and it isn't approved or pending, go to Apps and Books and enter your tax information.
- Click Invite VPP Program Facilitator at the bottom of the page.
- Enter the Apple ID of the Volume Purchase Program account you want to invite in to your Apple School Manager or Apple Business Manager, then click Invite.
The user receives an email with a link to join your organization. After they sign in to Apple School Manager or Apple Business Manager, they’ll be asked to upgrade their account. After they upgrade, they can start using Apple School Manager or Apple Business Manager, and you'll see the account as a Content Manager in your main location.
You can invite any of the following accounts to Apple School Manager or Apple Business Manager:
- Program Facilitators: These accounts were created before February 2014. They can sign in to the Volume Purchase Program store, but they can't sign in to Apple Deployment Programs.
- Agent accounts: These accounts were used to enroll in Volume Purchase Program for Education or Business at the Apple Deployment Programs website in February 2014 or later.
- Admin accounts: These accounts were created at the Apple Deployment Programs website, but they're used only for Volume Purchase Program for Education or Business.
You can only invite accounts that meet all of the following requirements:
- Purchaser is of the same enrollment type (Education or Business)
- Purchaser uses the same D-U-N-S numbers (Business only)
- Purchaser is from the same country or region
- Purchaser uses the same tax information
- Purchaser has access to Volume Purchase Program for Education or Business and is not already a Managed Apple ID
- Purchaser has never had access to the Device Enrollment Program