Before you begin
Make sure that you have your email account set up on your device.
Move between your mailboxes
By default, your email account has a few different mailboxes — like Inbox, Sent, Trash, and more. When you open the Mail app, you'll see a list of the email accounts that you have set up on your device. Just tap the email account that you want to view, or tap your account name in the upper-left corner to go back to all your mailboxes.
Write an email
- Open the Mail app.
- Tap the email account that you want to use.
- Tap the compose button . Then enter an email address and subject line.
- Write your email.
- Tap the send button .
While you're writing an email, you can swipe down on the draft to check something in another app. Just swipe down from the gray line at the top. When you're ready to go back to the email, tap the email at the bottom of your screen to start writing again.
Reply to an email
When you have an email open, you have a few options. You can reply, forward, delete an email, and more. Here's how:
- Open the email.
- Tap the Reply button .
- Then choose to Reply or Reply All. You can also forward the email, move it to another mailbox, mark it as unread, and more.
Do more with Mail
- Add an email account to the Mail app on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
- Use mailboxes to organize email on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
- Learn how to send attachments with the Mail app on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
- Get more information on deleting email in the Mail app on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.