First, place both AirPods in your charging case and make sure that both AirPods are charging. Learn what to do if your AirPods or case won't charge. Then, if an AirPod still isn't working, follow these steps to reset your AirPods:
- On your iOS device, go to Settings > Bluetooth.
- Tap the "i" icon next to your AirPods.
- Tap Forget This Device, then tap to confirm.
- Place both AirPods in your charging case. Close the lid, wait 30 seconds, then open it.
- Press and hold the setup button for a few seconds, until you see the status light flashing white.
- Reconnect your AirPods by placing them close to your device and opening the lid. Follow the steps on your device's screen.
- Test both AirPods.
If necessary, check the microphone and speaker meshes on each AirPod. If you see any debris, clean your AirPods and see if that fixes the issue.
If you still need help, contact Apple Support.