Apple Store Gift Cards
Apple Store Gift Cards can be used in the Apple Online Store1 or Apple Retail store. On the back of these cards, you'll find:
- A link to a website where you can check your gift card's balance.
- Text that says that the card can only be used in the Apple Online Store or Retail Store, or that you can't redeem the card in the iTunes store.
- A phone number that you can call if you need help.
Apple Store Gift Cards are a solid color (gray, white, silver, or gold) on the front.
App Store & iTunes Gift Cards
App Store & iTunes Gift Cards can be used in the App Store, iTunes Store, or Apple Books. On the back of these cards, you'll find:
- A link to a website where you can redeem your gift card.
- Text that says that the card can be used for apps, games, music, movies, TV shows, books, and iCloud.
- A link to support.apple.com/giftcard, which you can visit if you need help.
Learn how to redeem and use your App Store & iTunes Gift Card.
App Store & iTunes Gift Cards will say App Store or iTunes on the back of the card.
Older gift cards
You might have a gift card that looks different than the App Store & iTunes Gift Card above. These gift cards can still be redeemed for Apple ID credit; just follow the steps on the back of the card.
Some examples of older gift cards include:
Apple Music Gift Card
iTunes Store Gift Card
Get more help
If you still aren’t sure what type of card you have, contact Apple Support using the instructions on the back of your card.
Learn what to do if you can't redeem your App Store & iTunes Gift Card, Apple Music Gift Card, or content code.
1. In France, Germany, Singapore, and Switzerland, Apple Store Gift Cards can be used only in Apple Retail stores.