How to organize your apps
- Touch and hold any app on the screen, then tap Edit Home Screen .
- Drag the app to another spot, like the Dock at the bottom of the screen.
- On iPhone X and later, tap Done to save. On iPhone 8 and earlier, press the Home button.
How to put apps in a folder
If you have a lot of apps, you can put your related apps in folders. Here's how:
- To make a folder, drag an app onto another app.
- To rename the folder, tap the name field or the Close button , then enter the new name.
- Drag apps into the folder. Folders can have more than one page.
How to move an app to a different page
You start with one page of apps. To make a new page, touch and hold an app until the apps jiggle, then drag an app to the right edge of the screen. You might need to wait a second for the new page to appear. To delete a page, consolidate all of your apps to another Home Screen. When there are no apps present the page will delete.
When you have more than one page, a bright dot in a row of dots above the Dock shows you which page you're on. You can move an app to a different page and create new pages:
If there are dots to the left or right of the bright dot, you can drag an app to the right side of the screen to move the app to the next page in that direction. Or swipe left to see the apps on that page.
If there are no dots to the right of the bright dot, dragging an app to that side of the screen makes a new page.
Learn more about apps on your Home Screen
- Customize your Home Screen to hide pages from your screen, then use the App Library to find the apps.
- Learn how to delete apps that you've installed on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.