Apple Watch User Guide
- What’s new
- Apps on Apple Watch
- Open apps
- Organize apps
- Get more apps
- Tell time
- Status icons
- Control Center
- Use Focus
- Adjust brightness, text size, sounds, and haptics
- See and respond to notifications
- Change notification settings
- Manage your Apple ID
- Use shortcuts
- Set up Handwashing
- Connect Apple Watch to a Wi-Fi network
- Connect to Bluetooth headphones or speakers
- Hand off tasks from Apple Watch
- Unlock your Mac with Apple Watch
- Unlock your iPhone with Apple Watch
- Use Apple Watch without its paired iPhone
- Use your Apple Watch with a cellular network
- Blood Oxygen
- Camera Remote
- Now Playing
- Voice Memos
- About Wallet
- Apple Pay
- Set up Apple Pay
- Make purchases
- Send, receive, and request money with Apple Watch (U.S. only)
- Manage Apple Cash (U.S. only)
- Use Wallet for passes
- Use rewards cards
- Pay with Apple Watch on Mac
- Ride transit
- Use your driver’s license or state ID
- Use digital keys
- Use COVID-19 vaccination cards
- World Clock
- Set up Apple Watch using VoiceOver
- Apple Watch basics with VoiceOver
- Apple Watch Mirroring
- Control nearby devices
- Use a braille display
- Use a Bluetooth keyboard
- Tell time with haptic feedback
- Adjust text size and other visual settings
- Adjust motor skills settings
- Set up and use RTT
- Accessibility audio settings
- Use accessibility features with Siri
- The Accessibility Shortcut
Monitor your environmental noise exposure with Apple Watch
When you pair Apple Watch with your iPhone and set up the Noise app on Apple Watch, environmental sound levels are automatically sent from Apple Watch to the Health app on iPhone (watchOS 6 or later required).
View the details about a noise notification
When noise in your environment reaches a level that might affect your hearing, you can get a notification from Apple Watch on your iPhone.
To view the details about a notification, do the following:
On your iPhone, open the Health app, then tap Summary at the bottom left.
Tap the notification near the top of the screen, then tap Show More Data.
See your exposure to environmental noise levels over time
On your iPhone, open the Health app, tap Browse at the bottom right, then tap Hearing.
Tap Environmental Sound Levels, then do any of the following:
View exposure levels over a time period: Tap the tabs at the top of the screen. (All levels are measured in decibels.)
Learn about the sound level classifications: Tap .
Change the time span displayed in the graph: Swipe the graph left or right.
See details about a moment in time: Touch and hold the graph, then drag to move the selection.
View details about average exposure: Tap Show More Data, then tap Daily Average.
View a line representing average exposure: Tap Exposure below the graph.
View the high and low range: Tap Show More Data, then tap Range.
Download this guide: Apple Books | PDF