Apple Business Essentials User Guide
- Intro to federated authentication
- Intro to Google Workspace
- Use federated authentication with Google Workspace
- Intro to Microsoft Azure AD
- Use federated authentication with MS Azure AD
- Resolve Apple ID conflicts
- Get notified about user name conflicts
- Change a user’s domain information
- Transfer Apple services when federating
- Add or reset verification phone numbers
- Intro to purchasing content
- Review content payment and billing information
- Select and purchase content
- Configure app installation and removal
- Monitor app installation status and license tracking
- Learn about Custom Apps
- Manage content tokens
- Transfer licenses
- Migrate content tokens
- Invite VPP purchasers
- Plan for migration to Apps
- Device workflow
- Enrollment methods
- Manage device suppliers
- View device information
- Get device order progress reports
- Add devices from Apple Configurator
- Intro to configuring settings
- AirDrop settings
- AirPlay settings
- AirPrint settings
- App Access settings
- Application Layer Firewall settings
- Certificate settings
- Content Caching settings
- Configure a Custom setting
- Data Management settings
- Energy Saver settings
- FileVault settings
- Gatekeeper settings
- iCloud settings
- Lock Screen settings
- Password and Screen Lock settings
- Software Update settings
- VPN settings
- Web Clip settings
- Web Filter settings
- Wi-Fi settings
- Edit a setting
- Apply Collections
- Document revision history
Troubleshooting the SCIM connection in Apple Business Essentials
Below are some tips to help you troubleshoot your SCIM connection to Apple Business Essentials.
Q: Why is my SCIM connection failing?
A: The Apple Business Manager Azure AD app is quarantined. See the Microsoft Support article Application provisioning in quarantine status.
A: Check the attribute mapping for the Apple Business Manager Azure AD app to make sure there are no additional attributes mapped. See the Microsoft Support article Problem configuring user provisioning to an Azure AD Gallery application.
A: Review the provisioning logs. See the Microsoft Support article Provisioning reports in the Azure Active Directory portal.
Q: Why don’t I see the correct Azure AD users in Apple Business Essentials?
A: Make sure federated authentication is turned on. See Intro to federated authentication.
A: Check the provisioning scope, and make sure it’s set to sync users from the appropriate domain. See Provisioning scope.