To share your GarageBand song or Music Memo to YouTube or Facebook, share your song to iMovie first. Then, share the movie containing your song to YouTube or Facebook. Before you start, make sure you have iMovie installed on your iOS device. If not, download and install iMovie from the App Store.
Share your GarageBand song to iMovie
- Open GarageBand, and if necessary open the My Songs browser:
- On an iPhone or iPod touch, tap in the Control Bar, then tap My Songs.
- On an iPad, tap My Songs in the Control Bar.
- In the My Songs browser, tap Select, tap the song you want to share, then tap Share.
- On the Share Song screen, tap Song.
- Choose the song’s audio quality, enter any song information, then tap Share.
- Tap Copy to iMovie. GarageBand exports the song to iMovie, and iMovie opens automatically.
Share your Music Memo to iMovie
- Open Music Memos.
- Tap at the top of the screen.
- Tap the Music Memo you’d like to share, then tap the waveform to open the Music Memo in Details view.
- Tap , then tap Copy to iMovie. Your Music Memos is exported to iMovie, and iMovie opens automatically.
Create a new movie and share to YouTube or Facebook
After you've shared your GarageBand song or Music Memo to iMovie, you can then share it to YouTube or Facebook
- If you don't have any iMovie projects on your device, iMovie automatically creates a new movie. If you do have iMovie projects on your device, tap Create New Movie when iMovie opens. Your song or Music Memo automatically appears in the timeline of the new movie.
- Tap Done, then tap at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap YouTube or Facebook, then sign in to your Google/YouTube account or Facebook account.
- Select a size and enter any metadata tags you’d like to add, then tap Share.
- Tap Publish. You will receive a confirmation that the movie has been published.