If you've been using Camel Audio plug-ins, you can switch to the Logic Pro versions of the plug-ins:
- Use Logic Pro Alchemy instead of Camel Audio Alchemy.
- Use Phat FX instead of CamelPhat and CamelCrusher (both CamelPhat and CamelCrusher settings are transferred to PhatFX).
- Use Step FX instead of CamelSpace.
When you switch from the Camel Audio versions, the Logic Pro versions retain your settings. You can switch automatically or manually.
Automatically switch to the Logic Pro versions
Logic Pro can automatically replace Camel Audio plug-ins with its Logic pro version equivalent. If you open a project that has a Camel Audio plug-in that isn't installed on your Mac, click Replace All in the dialog that appears. The existing settings also transfer to the Logic Pro version of the plug-in.
Manually switch to the Logic Pro versions
- In Logic Pro, select the track with the Camel Audio plug-in.
- In the channel strip for the selected track, place the pointer over the Instrument or Audio FX slot containing the plug-in, then click the pop-up menu arrows that appear to the right.
- Choose the appropriate Logic Pro version of the plug-in:
- Choose Alchemy from the top level of the menu.
- Choose Phat FX or Step FX from the Multi Effects menu.
Because of updates to Logic Pro Alchemy, Phat FX and Step FX controls and features, patches might not sound exactly the same as they did in the Camel Audio versions. Also, automation doesn't carry over to the Logic Pro versions.